Empire Surgical job - scam or legit

Discussion in 'Depuy Mitek' started by Anonymous, Jun 11, 2010 at 6:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Guys...what is the deal with Empire Surgical? They have job openings, and I can't tell if they are an actual distributor of DePuy products, or if they are just a medical device training school. I just want to know if they are like the AIMS scam bullsht. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Empire is totally legit. Probably the best performing agency mitek has.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Empire is one of Mitek's best selling distributors. I believe they also have a total joint line they sell as well. The pricipals name is Dirk.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, but what is the deal with that. What do you mean principle? What is the place like a school or something. Normally when you get a job, you meet with a "manager", not a principle. Why is their a principle at Empire?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A principle is the owner and operator of the distributorship. They are in fact the distributor who is contracted with corporate to carry the line. Any area managers or reps the work for the distributor report directly to the principle.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well I must admit, I'm disappointed in all of you. Although I do appreciate the input on Empire, saying that they aren't a scam, is a bit wrong. After doing some research, I found out that this maniac makes everyone sell his bullsht water purification system first, and THEN just MAYBE you get to work for the Mitek line. Wow...what a bunch of sht! No wonder he asks for "recent college grads"! Any comments ? ;)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? You have to work to get the position. You sound like someone who has gotten everything you ever wanted in life handed to you. I can tell right away that you are not cut out for this position in medical device. You can take your pharma lifestyle elsewhere. The competition will eat you alive with the attitude you have. I hear Takeda is hiring, now scram

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well now...You sound like someone who is DRUNK on Empire coolaid! I wouldn't be surprised if this was Dirk himself! Ha! Look man...the bottom line is, the job should be advertised PROPERLY. If they want someone to sell water purification, then ADVERTISE THAT! Don't lure folks in under the title of medical device sales, and then assfck them when they get there. I'm sorry you fell for the second rate pyramid scam. Now YOU scram, and I hear...Amway is hiring.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the mitek line is good... the water purification system? u serious...im calling bs on this post.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

O.P. here...LOL...the previous poster's reaction puts it alllll into perspective. Yeah man, I'm not bsing you, Empire Surgical...a Mitek distributor requires all of their new recruits to start out on what they call the "farm team", which is a team of suckers that sells their watermatic product. I know it sounds like bs, but it's not. Like I said earlier, I guess this is why they prefer recent college grads. I'm surprised we haven't heard back from the guy that is drunk on Empire Surgical coolaid! ;)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like Dirk and Darren kicked someone's ass..

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nahhh...they don't have what it takes!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

O.P. here again! Oh my GOD...this guy Dirk just keeps getting better and better. You have to check out his video's on Youtube about becoming capable! Sooo...not only does this guy lure people into his distributorship to sell f*cking watermatic, but THEN he's also peddling his "motivational speaker" CD Roms! It just keeps getting better. This guy is pure entertainment. Comments from the koolaid drinkers welcome. Cheers ;)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you can disagree with his approach, but he grows the business and takes share and has done it for 5 years in a row.... results speak for themselves

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be the Gordon Gecko technique. That guy could easily be one of the biggest tools in the medical business. How could a surgeon even take him seriously?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sooo...I was bored today and decided to google the Becoming Capable website, and all I can say is WOW. I want everyone to go visit it, and although I'm giving the guy a free plug, just listen to all the Youtube video's and imagine. Imagine what it would be like to work with this guy. Who DOES THIS! LOL...this guy literally gets up every morning, stands in front of a brick wall, and desperately thinks of a new pile of rhetoric BS to puke up all over people. To everyone on the Empire Surgical team...may god have mercy on your souls! Cheers

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This man, along with his entire team, are a professional embarrasement. Glad to compete against them.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my!!! I just got done watching some of this guys youtube videos. I agree with above two posts. Who in the H does this????? He is so full of himself it is disgusting. I really do feel sorry for the people that work with him. Can you imagine how hard it is for them to act like the are buying his BS motivational talks???? I know it is cliché, but if you looked up deuce bag in the dictionary, you will see Dirk!!!!!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

summary.... competitors dont like his approach, web site, etc. Ok, got it. For 5 years he has grown at twice the market rate. Guessing you dont like share loss either

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here...to the previous poster. I'm not in the orthopedic industry, nor am I a competitor of Dirk's. I wouldn't know if he grew market share 5 years in a row, so I'm sure it's possible. The main point of starting this thread was to expose the underhanded technique of luring people into his distributorship to sell watermatic. Then, after some further investigation, I found the very entertaining "motivational" video's, and realized that you can't find comedy like that in the movies! Anyway, if your drinking his coolaid, be careful...it sounds like your drunk! :)