Employees of WHC

Discussion in 'Bayer' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have over 10 years sales experience in sales at this organization, it doesn't mean you are loyal...it means you are lazy

so many better opportunities and money to be made elsewhere

I left in 08 and have already worked for 2 different companies and gotten 10k raises with each move

I have recruiters constantly calling me

there are jobs out there bayer people...stop complaining and do something about it

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does everyone complain? alot are pretty happy here and making good money. Yes, if you're not happy, get the hell out. but don't assume everyone is miserable, just most of the people that post on CP.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously you work in the home office and are totally disconnected or you are a typical head in the sand RSM/FSD. Making good money -in comparison to what-in comparison to McDonalds ,Yes, in comparison to specialty sales within pharma,NO!! Primary care base( probably around $70-75K),$20000 bonus target, no options and a chevy malibu. You think this is competitive within the industry? Lets not forget zero chance to grow your career -Where can you get promoted into? Oncology, Cardiology and managed care all hire "people with experience" from the outside.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$112k, 32k bonus target, which I have exceeded 8 of the 9 years with the company (hired as SSC). not the best salary, but im happy so no need for a promotion. just some good salary increases.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

32k bonus is above WHC manager target. NICE TRY!!! Rep target is 18, 22 and 26 depending on your level The only way to get to 112K base would be to be here 25 years as a rep.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've been gone for a while. You missed our target change.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS they just went up last September to 18 22 and 26

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All have the opportunity to make 200-300% of that target. I'm here just over ten years. 95 base , 25 avg bonus. No worries... I work hard to meet a ridiculous quota but enjoy my colleagues and have built a great 401K. Lots of us complain about the company but just normal stuff like huge jumps in quota etc. I'm not trading this for some unknown. Life is good.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you forgot about Key Account Managers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot, most of your colleagues have left or are leaving, every company has a good 401K and most offer options or a true retirement, some actually have a pipeline and 5 year plan. The unknown here is when not if the next layoff will come and will I make it through. No worries? You must be one of the chicks that husband has a good job and you work to buy clothes and shoes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over 10 years here and you are proud of a 95K base and 25k bonus. You need to look around and you will find out just how underpaid you are.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No thanks... I usually at least double my quota payout. I have a great manager and my life is quite good at the moment. Paid off my mortgage, summer's coming and spending time with my kids is my priority. Spouse and I together live very comfortably. Your judgment of me is narrow but typical of one who has been taught that you must constantly define your worth by your W-2. Your sad to me as I'm sad for you. So who cares.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said you make 25k in bonus .then you said you normally double your quota payout,Which one is it? There is no 25K target and there is no 12K target you double. I don't define my worth by my W2 but I don't want to be underpaid and worry about a layoff every year. I understand many are afraid of change or to lazy to look around and never see the end-until its to late. I am at home at home looking for new opportunity-What are you doing on cafepharma at 1 PM?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(sigh) It's called lunch. And your RIGHT!! Congratulations...It's 22. However, you still missed my point. I guess my tone would have been the same as yours in my 30's which is my guess that you are. Frustrated for not being where you want to be in your life and criticizing others (for no apparent reason) for their choices. You have no clue and obviously don't consider the fact that some people have other priorities, elderly parents, child with special needs etc. that guide there career decisions. I hope you find your contentment but urge you to not seek it though your employer. Peace

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the perfect Bayer employee:Happy with a low base and low bonus , to clueless to be worried after layoffs three years in a row that have reduced WHC to 1/3 its size 3 years ago, no drive to be the best, not enough business acumen to realize the current or near future problems WHC will have and you never lose faith in the leaders that have lied to your face for the past 2 years. You must be legacy Berlex.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are layoffs this summer or early next year?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an idiotic misogynistic statement. Also, No pharma company offers what you call a "true retirement", I guess you mean pension. We have a pipeline. WHC still has the highest sales in the US. Turnover is very low and has been for the past year. Please leave as soon as possible so we can replace you with someone that lives above the line.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to avoid the risk of layoff, leave pharma. There isn't a company around that guarantees long term employment. As for picking apart this person's statement about what they make in bonus, we have targets between 20K and 30K, no need to split hairs because this person still seems satisfied. Hope you have a new opportunity soon because I hear the grass is always greener on the other side.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess since you use legacy Berlex in a derogatory way, you are not legacy Berlex. We never had over 600 Bayer SC in WHC. If you recalled we used contract sales to give us some flexibility and as I recall, they were on a one year contract. You are unhappy here clearly. As the previous poster said, "Peace". You obviously won't find it here.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets be serious-Legacy Berlex was a joke. I thought Bayer was a old boys club until Bayer bought Schering AG. As the previous poster said peace-You are the previous poster that posted 3 times in 10 minutes at 2AM. Were you just getting home from delivering papers trying to make ends meet because of your low , low Bayer earnings. What is in this mysterious pipeline you keep talking about? More versions of our loser OCs. Yes I am not happy, no one in my region is happy, no one in WHC is happy. When you combine this with the constant fear of "right sizing" every year, holding more and more of our bonus until year end, lawsuits, lawsuit payouts etc etc it is hard to be happy. I along with 90% of WHC spend 3-4 hours at home everyday looking for a new opportunity. Working hard to get out before the next layoff this summer.