Employement Vivus/PDI

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2014 at 4:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was looking for feedback on the Vivus/PDI contract sales force. I have been contacted about a position in the northeast. Recruiter mentioned you are a PDI employee but on a Vivus team. Does anyone have any feedback on NY team/management styles ect? Ride-Alongs, and Training?
    thanks so much for your feedback.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't heard much much about new manager but last manager was well respected by entire team. He left and they all followed. Only come here as last resort don't quit a regular gig for this contract. Great drug but awful upper management. What kinda of salary range they throwing?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

80s base.. Thank you for reply.
    I heard about movement in management thank you!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only at Vivus do new hires make more than current reps.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Niiiiiice, new hires making more than the reps who have been here and been getting beat up since launch

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have no clue what we went through. And to make more money is a slap in our face. I hate this job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I asked my dumb ass manager about this and he played stupid. I was asked how much are you making. Wow!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard layoffs coming November! Happy Thanksgiving Day.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can confirm this. My manager is interviewing now and trying to get out. I was told to be looking because our numbers are tanking and that something big was comming, and not good for any of us.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When??? Why would they waste money on LNL's and dinner programs?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We can't make it with what we have, numbers are awful, only 150 reps, and we are low on money. How can a company expect to have a block buster product with a 150 rent a reps? Come on people, put down the happy juice. This company wanted to be bought out and our upper management failed. Didn't know how to promote Q and now we are just a ticking time bomb. Believe me, we will go broke and some one will get this company for nothing and we will be in the unemployment line. Times are very hard, I'm trying to get out but I'm waiting on a good opportunity. My manager is very quiet but another manager that a friend in her region knows a lot. Our numbers suck for the most part, just add up the numbers and its easy to see that we are sinking. Many upper people are leaving the company and we are never told anything. So to your answer above, we have to keep doing LNL's and spending or our scripts would go to nothing and then no one would even think about buying us. This gig ends around the holiday season. Put this in your calendar, it's in the works and it's not good for us!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a home office employee and all you are hearing are rumors and half truths. Our problem is that the market is just now starting to grow like we thought it would. We can only do so much with 150 reps, no direct to consumer activation, and limited budgets for speaker programs. But we are going forward. People leave companies all the time for good reasons. The people here left for personal reasons and opportunities like VP spots-David, and time with family-Barb, and better staffing - Jackie. Don't believe the hype ask questions and find answers. Not rumors.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the half truths that make me worry. Maybe if managers and upper levels would be honest with reps even 25% of the time we would not have to try to figure out what is going on here.Also,big clue stop blaming the reps when HO has way more screw-ups than any one at this company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So home office, the market is not growing, look at our weekly and monthly data. 150 reps, we can't do it. People are leaving because we see what is going on. Look at our stock, wow!! So we are supposed to listen to you? I think not!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG----Did you just say the market is just now starting to grow like we thought it would? Please tell me what you are smoking. You all have blamed us reps for all the problems that you caused this whole contract. You have forced people out, half the employes have resigned because we see what happens on a daily basis. Our upper management caused Qsymia to be the worse launch ever. So is it our fault that we have 150 rent a reps? Is it our fault that we have no direct consumer adds? Is it our fault that we have very limited budgets? Is it our fault that management are leaving and you tell us nothing? Is it our fault that you are paying new reps much more money than we make and we had to fight hard just to get a script filled with all the problems that you caused? The reps and our managers have been blamed for everything. It has been OUR fault. So you come on here and say don't believe anything? Shame on you for everything. I know some things are rumors but we all know that this ship is sinking and it's your job to keep us motivated. The short answer is its not our fault, never was and never will be. I wanted this to work out for us all, but the real question for all of us is how much longer do we have. I personally think we will be sold and we all get a thank you for your service and a two week check. Just my opinion but I'm sure not buying into your your post. One last thing, I have a great manager that I look up to very much. I hope to work with this person again when this is over. Good luck to all, we have worked hard and deserve much more than we received.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the reps would be more willing to listen if this kind of info was shared. With the PDI reps, I mean. Also known as 95% of your sales force.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice job, I agree with you 100%.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only at Vivus the reps who bring in the most scripts make the least in bonus. Gee that makes me want to go over and beyond.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does everyone realize a NRX isn't a new patient start. Any refill that is written on a rx is a NRX. If a Dr gives a patient 5 refills, that hurts your NRX total. Don't we want Drs to give refills? It hurts our NRX numbers by getting them to write refills. It won't effect TRX, but, it will decrease NRX. This system make it better to tell Drs not to rx refills. Doesn't make sense to me. Am I wrong?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. TRX incorporates all rxes. Why isn't that the main criteria. It makes us sell to keep people on Q and, get new patients on Q without hurting the refill component.