End game??

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 17, 2018 at 10:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Truth” is the data I shared. Those things called facts! Tell me where it’s noted/posted that white men need not apply for a given position. Are people from different races ever qualified over whites? Do you believe Trump is more qualified to be President than Obama? Is Trump more presidential than Obama? My bad! Obama was only elected because he was black. Unbelievable what people really feel and believe.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Always being a victim gets you nowhere in life. There are quite a few white males that have been far greater victims than many minorities, and yet they survive and thrive. Similarly, many minorities have been born with a silver spoon. I fear you are like many of your kind and teach your children that because of how they look they will always be victims. This is why your message no longer resonates with a huge majority of the public. I pity you and those like you.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bwaaaahahahahaha...!!!! Denial and white privilege is a helluva drug! Black folks in America born with silver spoons in their mouths!?!?!?! Bwaaahahahahaha...!!!! I can’t stop laughing. Fact is the message you note never resonated with your types as you’ve continually lived in a haze of denial. I pity you and those like you because the field IS being flipped and not only will minorities have a seat at the table but you and I will be ordering off the same menu. That’s really the inevitable fear you and your types live with. The Trump years will be your last hoorah so enjoy and get all you can while the getting’s still good. A new day is soon on the horizon. I’ll tell you like white males often tell others, IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT THEN LEAVE. It’s never any fun when the rabbit gets the gun, huh!? Lay off the drugs and don’t tell anyone that ethnic minority groups are born with silver spoons in their mouths. It only further proves your privilege and how far from reality you truly reside. Bwaaaahahahaha....still laughable!!!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You 2 are both on the far end of the spectrum, different sides. Hopefully neither of you is represented by a large Percentage of people, so hopefully you'll just troll each other and pull your own hair out.
    I am a mid 50s white male who just left GSK after a couple decades in the field. Form the stereotype in your minds now before I continue. Pause. Deep breath. OK, you each speak some truth and plenty of unhelpful hyperbole. Truth: a) History will likely judge Obama better than Trump, maybe by a lot, we'll see. Trump still makes some needed points on immigration and might do some good, but he's unethical and damaging much of the good things along with the bad, b) GSK is enacting some kind of reverse discrimination against my demographic. It's more than just giving equal opportunity to minorities, it's a full-blown affirmative action of some kind. c) Looking at CEOs demographics is far too narrow a scope and doesn't apply to 99.9% of us. Obama was the top CEO for 8 years, and I for one hope he continues to be an intelligent part of the discussion which he historically has been.
    That's enough. F skin color, F tribalism, F affirmative action, F racists (which both of you have a touch of), and F GSK's horrific never-ending inability to properly evaluate its sales people. Support equal opportunity and recognize that any group which feels victimized will carry a chip on their shoulder for a long time, sometimes legit, sometimes not. Let's stop being victims.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You 2 are both on the far end of the spectrum, different sides. Hopefully neither of you is represented by a large Percentage of people, so hopefully you'll just troll each other and pull your own hair out.
    I am a mid 50s white male who just left GSK after a couple decades in the field. Form the stereotype in your minds now before I continue. Pause. Deep breath. OK, you each speak some truth and plenty of unhelpful hyperbole. Truth: a) History will likely judge Obama better than Trump, maybe by a lot, we'll see. Trump still makes some needed points on immigration and might do some good, but he's unethical and damaging much of the good things along with the bad, b) GSK is enacting some kind of reverse discrimination against my demographic. It's more than just giving equal opportunity to minorities, it's a full-blown affirmative action of some kind. c) Looking at CEOs demographics is far too narrow a scope and doesn't apply to 99.9% of us. Obama was the top CEO for 8 years, and I for one hope he continues to be an intelligent part of the discussion which he historically has been.
    That's enough. F skin color, F tribalism, F affirmative action, F racists (which both of you have a touch of), and F GSK's horrific never-ending inability to properly evaluate its sales people. Support equal opportunity and recognize that any group which feels victimized will carry a chip on their shoulder for a long time, sometimes legit, sometimes not. Let's stop being victims.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I grew up as an only child very wealthy. Best of schools. Grades came easy. My college tuition paid in full.... free ride. I never studied but made good grades. The jobs I had were gifted to me.....what’s the problem. Why you soooooo angry.

Oh, my life was opposite. But you can believe the world is out to get you....keeping you down...but it just might be your attitude keeping you down.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many of your points are well taken as you’re correct in noting that I and white males who claim they’re victims are on far opposite sides of the debate. However, your post is also wrought with touches of denial. What exactly have I noted that isn’t accurate or untrue? Everything I debated is based on white male feelings while the other persons are debating facts which aren’t debatable. Fortune 500 CEOs may be too narrow of a scope but also speaks volumes with regard to the lack of ethnic inclusion. Of companies that do disclose diversity data, the data still shows an overwhelming percentage of middle and senior level management positions are occupied by whites specifically white men yet many claim victimization. I challenge you to read the following article in Fortune Magazine June 2017, “White Men Account for 72% of Senior Level Management.” We’re talking white men and haven’t even touched upon white women who have been the largest benefactors of Affirmative Action. Check the numbers and the spike in white female mid and senior level management inclusion. I’m happy that women of any race are now included in the discussion but one cannot debate the fact there is an overall disparate representation of whiteness in positions of leadership throughout the US and the playing field must be leveled. These are not my feelings but facts! I ask again that someone provide what corporations I can find “white males need not apply in the job posting?” If you can even provide one example that would suffice. It doesn’t exist which confirms my point that your arguments are based on opinions and not facts. I haven’t given my opinion so I’ll give it here, race and privilege is a debate whites simply cannot win as your forefathers history of atrocites that still impact us today is - here’s those words - undeniable and undebatable. Resources were grossly maldistributed in this country. Whites today may not have maldistributed those resources from years ago but undeniably continue to harvest and reap the benefits. I’ll conclude by noting, when you’re accustomed to privilege equality looks/feels like oppression. White privilege is undeniable and real!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed It!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

”I haven’t given my opinion so I’ll give it here,”

Really? You haven’t given your opinion? So, I guess the following quote from your first rant is based in fact and not your opinion? The following are your words directly copied from your post.

spew your crybaby, privileged racist rant to your new fellow confederate flag toting, KKK card carrying “new manager” speaks even greater to your UNEARNED white privilege”

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lits of right wingers at this company.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is your BEST retort? Really!?!?! I enjoy the discomfort that truth causes some folks. It bears noting again, when you're accustomed to privilege equality looks/feels like oppression! The Orange Aberration is the >35 y/o white male’s last stand so get all that he’s giving while the gettin’ is good for you because the field is tilting before your eyes which must scare the “ish” out if you. Attempts to keep the black and brown folks out are feeble. You’ll be okay! Just pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Then again...if you don’t like it in the words of the white man...LEAVE!!!!!!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical minorities. They don’t want to believe they weren’t hired based on that...bc they would have to face the fact that they might not have been (most likely) the best candidate.

I know many GSK managers with candidates who were the best qualified/ fit for the team and told the applicants to reapply and check Hispanic .....if it was a referral from a trusted rep - told the rep to tell referral to check Hispanic when applying online- bc managers were directed to only hire minorities, especially female minorities. I know of multiple managers / reps who did this and the white person who checked Hispanic got hired. This is a loophole the managers have found to get around HR and hire the best candidate. No one will ask you for a DNA test...look at Mariah Carey, 1/2 AA and doesn’t look it.

Reverse discrimination is real at GSK and the only ones in denial about it are the minorities who are about to be the majority at GSK (after layoffs). I took the package ...I don’t want to represent a company that I don’t recognize any longer (no pun intended).

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously everyone on this thread!! Stop it! You are falling prey to Putin and his bots of dividing this country! All of this race baiting and victim hood. Very sad. Many of you call yourselves Christians so why don’t you learn something at church.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WOW, awesome!! I’ve heard of that happening too.... you can’t suppress people based on race, age or gender - including white men. People will find away to prevail and GSK is asking for it. Can you imagine if we all came together, the govt would give them (not their 1st) big fine and we might get a few pennies after everything is said and done. It’s not about the money, I’d like them to pay the piper for unethical/ illegal behaviors. They are so open about their age (over the age of 50) gender (anti male ) and race (white) discrimination. Everyone knows it ...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re comment is either sincere ignorance or conscientious stupidity! Your silly comment is the very definition of white privilege. Do you think that any of the over 70% white senior level managers at Fortune 500 companies may be unqualified? I see unqualified white folks up and down corporate ladders. However, their failures and incompetence won’t be blamed on their race. That’s why we have this board to voice our frustrations with the industry due to overwhelmingly white management decisions and incompetence. Once again all of GSK’s executive management and board of directors with the exception of one East Indian male are white yet you claim “reverse discrimination” whatever the hell that is. There is not one industry in this country or large corporation white folks don’t overwhelmingly control and incompetent whites placed every day all day. NOT ONE! Yet you whine about some damn “reverse discrimination.” Please!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old guy here. About 7 years ago, Patient First was launched. DeDe thought it was the cat's meow. It essentially blamed us reps for the egregious errors made by sales and marketing management. If reps weren't compensated on product growth, then that would satisfy the IG.

Patient First was enacted to get rid of OLD MALE REPS. First of all;

Old Reps don't cheat in general. Younger reps saw this as an imperative. Saw it as a way to keep their job. Over the years of the first PF iterations, I saw my score go down and to the left on that stupid matrix box. Did I get dumber? Probably not; but it showed that cheating was a staple of competing in this environment of tests and simulations. Not everyone cheated, but enough got on the bandwagon that it had an effect on those that didn't. The company knew that there was rampant cheating and occasionally got a hold of those stupid enough to take their tests at the same time using the same IP address. But for them to fully acknowledge that cheating was rampant would mean that they were admitting PF was corrupt and subject to manipulation. That could not stand.

In talking to counterparts in my region, the majority of those with "2 strikes" were older men.

That brings me to the second part of PF. Those infernal 12 pages of check boxes. I was not about to inundate the remaining doctors who would still see managers with questions and information they fully knew or knew the answer to...males related differently with doctors, women are better at asking questions and that right there was the death knell for old white men who weren't about to PLAY THAT GAME. For sure our numbers would show that we were worth keeping?

Back about 7 years ago, women reps were flat out asked to be managers in my region. No interview process. No male reps were afforded the luxury of not having to apply or even interview. Several of these women, after several years of trying, left these positions to be reps again, or leave the company. Or both. The company destroyed women that were not ready for the task just to put a couple more in management positions to increase the GSK average female pay...shrinking the "pay gap".

I don't even have to bring race into this. This company made it a killing field for old men that were doing their jobs just fine. And now, you just watch this next layoff. Hundreds of years of relationships are going to be washed away. Someone else said it previously. Docs don't want to know new reps anymore. They know they will move on in 1 or 2 years and will have wasted their time getting to know them. Yes, older reps cost more money, but there is so much value in relationships that are not quantifiable for incentive comp recording purposes. They ARE incentive comp recordable when sales growth is factored in.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a 50 something white guy in Texas. You absolutely hit the nail on the head!

Whatever happens to me, at least my 401k is rocking! The S&P 500 is at an all time high today! Thanks for the tax cuts President Trump!