Endo Therapy sales?

Discussion in 'Olympus Endoscopy' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wondering what people think of the Endo Therapy division?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ron Koz needs to retire... the day they replace his job with some help in marketing, is the day the needle really starts to move.

ET's actually the place to be right now, because its where the company is committed to seeing growth. There are some holes in the product line that are agonizingly slow to come to market - but are in the works.

It's surprisingly easy to work in this segment - and you can convert business from Boston Sci. the market leader, and don't really fight against Cook too much. Olympus has good products, but doesn't have the history, marketing know how (outside of just the reps) to really take things over like they could with having the place in GI that they do.

All in all, its a 110-130K job; The big bonus is unrealistic - only 2-3 people hit it each year.

Good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post above is mostly true. Few things, first they have big holes that have no idea how to fix. VisiGlide will only last so long. If you have a high market share like myself what next $5 BF?
    Don't think so. Double digit growth for the next few years with no big products? Must be wet behind the ears or drinking the CV punch. Good company, need to fix upper management. Pay is all over, more like 90-130. See you in AZ at the end of June my friend.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, are there any Florida Openings? Please advise

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This POS company can't get its shit strait.

So many problems with the Endotherapy division, lack of teamwork between divisions, distrust and fear of the people at the corporate office, lack of product devlopment, no innovative technology, I could go on...

Now, we've got some Brit's coming in and trying to make it a pharmaceutical company.

Add that to the fact that its basically run by lawyers and accountants - and it makes for one shitty situation....

Good luck people, I'm out.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2-3 hit it, and at least 1 or 2 of these people will get hosed and will never get the check! Make sure you have the check in hand and cashed before you resign, or you'll never get it! That's how Olympus operates!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EndoTherapy is clearly not the place to work, being that 90% of the sales forces was elimated yesterday.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow great insight from the idiots on this post. Its definetely the place to be considering they let the whole division go yesterday & went back to the old days when the capital reps sold disposables on the side. Great call.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear this, some good folks getting screwed! The company lied about being committed to this division, now nothing but more lies. Sorry to all you tossed out!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This all started by Howard Krantz. He believed in divide and concur. He had his moles and there still all there. Upper management just believed in his lies as he smiled away. So they kept promoting him. It once was a great place.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Endo won't survive, surgical is the only division to work for with new flex tip and LESS.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really hope you are just trying to cause trouble. If you are serious then I am sooo embarrassed for you. I sell LESS also and it is good but can not sustain us and make us a major player in surgical video. We have put so much effort in to this business and still have not grown market share past 5 to 10 percent. That means that 90 percent get along just fine with out Olympus video. The technology is so awesome but olympus needs to get the he'll out of the way and let people sell. You must be young and be one of those guys that have no sales experience that they seem to hire lately. As much as I hate to say it. Endo is the only division that is guaranteed to survive. Surgical is anyone's guess. Good luck with those gyn,s.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

a recruiter called about a position here. Any insight? Please. I have read this board and it does not sound good. Has anything gotten better? Is there a better comp plan , better management etc?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FUCK OFF YOU LYING TROLL BASTARD!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

seriously! how is ENdotherapy? is there anything good here? with the products?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you a fucking moron? No division of Olympus, is a good idea for a job.
    WTF is wrong with you people?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no division is a good idea. olympus is underwater and flat broke, move on!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why are they so broke? i thought they were launching new products in this division? how is the senior leadership in this division?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently Wijas is a real doozy. Thinks micro-managing is the way to grow business. Hey Wijas, you do realize ET is a distant 3rd, if not 4th in market share and it’s not even close? So, keep micro-managing your RVPs and ETMs and running everyone off. You’ll slide behind ConMed...(and will lose your job, rightfully so)
    I would run, not walk, from an ETM position. No $ and you’ll be micro-managed into the ground. What good are new products if you can’t get them into the IDN systems? (Here’s a softball solution for corporate contracts but they’ll screw that up too) Olympus is bottom of the barrel nowadays