Endochoice to BSX

Discussion in 'EndoChoice' started by BSX, Oct 1, 2016 at 11:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am definitely not butthurt about it...I kind of feel bad for the people who were naive enough to think they would find something at BSC. This whole process has been nothing short of a shit show. I am also amazed at some of the names that were able to parlay a lack luster career at EC into something bigger and better at Boston. Its going to take a while to get all of the shit out of their nose hairs...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MG, GC, and crew have been pulling a bait and switch for years. This situation was no different. I feel bad for the people who trusted them and thought that BSC was actually going to hire us but at the same time, you had to be stupid to think that GC/BL/JD were going to take care of the sales force.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about that bonus?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Watching this thing play out, my favorite part is watching other reps that sh!t talked Boston and said, "I'm never working for BSC. I can get a job at another company within five minutes", are now accepting positions are Boston. I guess the job market or their opinions of themselves weren't as good as they thought?

Oh well, some reps will realize that there won't be $100K checks given to them every year and EC/BL won't be around to protect them.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh well, some reps will realize that there won't be $100K checks given to them every year and EC/BL won't be around to protect them.[/QUOTE]

GC...not EC.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahaha! You hit the nail on the head! I'm still laughing at some of the reps who have done nothing at EC get better jobs at BSC. If you think long and hard, you know who some of the people are. It's laughable at best.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time to move on people --- time is money, and this ship has sailed. By far the craziest place I ever worked at. Wishing the best to all in 2017 and many markets to conquer. Peace out

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It has been great telling people about my work experiences here at EC. A lot of "WTF" and "Are you kidding me?" Happy to be out of here and wish the best for people still looking for jobs.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel awful for our current Fuse customers. They are going to get screwed after Jan 31st. I may just give them MG and GC phone numbers so that they can call them directly for customer service. My Boston rep could care less about Fuse and I can't get an straight answer from anyone at EC about what is going to happen when I leave. These people in corporate have no clue how much hand holding is needed at some of these accounts. Oh well. Get ready for some angry calls MG and GC from my customers. I'm out of here in a couple of weeks.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even though MG and GC are complete tool bag / pricks, why the hell would the customer call either of them? Boston is the one promising to "support the needs of Fuse customers." Its going to fall on Boston and yes, it is going to be a huge issue. Boston reps wont know what to do and the guys in Nashville wont be flying out all over the country to solve problems, even if they did, some of the problems need to be addressed immediately or they cannot do cases.

Sadly Fuse is going to die on the vine. Boston is shelving it as Pentax has backed out. If pentax is smart, they will lost Boston incur large financially loss from supporting it in addition to ruining relationships with accounts by lack of support preventing them from driving business in the surgery centers. Then once they cant stand to continue the loss, Boston will either have to sell it for one hell of a steal or offer to buy back the fuse systems from each customer for what they paid for it as a good faith and investment towards building relationships.

I have no animosity towards Boston and buying EC. Hell, February will be a fat pay day for me. Sadly Boston has not a fucking clue as to what they just bought. Sure, they will probably succeed due to the pure size of the organization but I anticipate a lot of issues for the first year or so when they take this on.

They are cutting out custom kits and only offering 4 or 5 configurations. Air Water Suction valves have been placed on hold with anticipated release in Q3. I am willing to bet they see more a larger loss of business than growth relating to the purchase of our products during 2017.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumors is that GC is trying to sell/create a partnership with a Chinese company to sell Fuse in the US. If you want to be a part of another company that MG/GB/and crew run into the ground, feel free to follow them to this next CF of an idea. GC has been the VP of Sales for two companies that have gone bankrupt and it sounds like he is going for the hat trick.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they actually going to cut custom kits? How are they going to handle customers that have custom kits that do t fall under the new SKUs?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty easy answer to that one...your kit doesn't fall under the new SKU, you either order an SKU that is offered or you find a competitor that does offer it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, canceling custom kits and will have 5 configurations (once they re release the valves in q3. Valves put on hold). Its simple, either customers will cave in and go with a pre configured kit or they will give BSC the finger and move on to a different, probably Medline / Cardinal or Medivators due to the valves.

BSC is not a customer focused business model and they don't pretend to be either. In the hospital setting they will probably use the good old fear tactic of "compliance" in order to get them to switch to a pre configured kit. I see them forcing this down on hospitals but a lot of surgery centers wont put up with it and likely switch. Hell, my customers and previous customers are already upset about Boston taking over EC business. The majority of my customers by as little from boston as they can. I also have numerous accounts who use EC exclusively for everything but clips and gold probes who have indicated they will start shopping around.

Either BSC is going to both this acquisition or they will change they way they do business within the surgery centers and be profitable. Time will only tell.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Based on what you said, they are already starting off on the wrong foot. I know you know, but think about how many custom kits are out there. I am not talking about the kits that don't have a brush (which makes them custom), but an actual custom kit. There is no way in hell preconfigured kits are going to work when you have the companies you mentioned as well as US Endo going to customizable kits. Good luck

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does it even matter? Come Tuesday, EC doesn't exist.