EndoChoice

Discussion in 'Gastroenterology' started by Anonymous, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone heard about this company? GI medical I believe.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

endochoice is the most progressive and exciting company in GI, but their standards are very high! and lots of interesting products. if you can get in and don't mind hard work, you'll love it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are a distributor, not a manufacturer with no quality control and very little training.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You gota be able to sell to work here or you starve. There is a first year guarantee but they want to wean you to straight comission.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outside looking in... It seems the top rep on straight commission makes more than $200k and the company is in the Inc 500 fastest growing companies in america. And they aggressively introduce new products. I'm sure it's not easy, but it looks like they're heading the right direction.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. But warning to pharma sales people.....This is more like b to b sales-you actually have to work. Pharma people typically flame out quickly

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

has anyone worked here before? What is their commission structure like? Average salaries?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I'd like to hear about this company too?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

initial salary and then onto straight commission.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there any micromanagement???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard that Endochoice has a unique sales training program. There is an acronym that is attached to the program. has anyone had experience with this?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sell garbage bags and get crushed by the major endo companies everyday

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true. A bunch of Boston Scientific and Given Imaging rejects run the place and are delusional about the company..."fastest growing company in GI"! They are barely in the margin of error for market share in forcep and stent market. A big win is undercutting the price of bite blocks to gain an account. Not on any major hospital contracts either that will not even get you credentiled in many hospital systems.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

everyone is not so happy about endochoice's success.

boston scientific is crumbling. olympus just laid off more than 70 gi sales reps last month. endochoice just doubled the size of their sales force to keep up with growth that no company in gi has seen in many years. take a look at INC magazine at the end of August and you'll see EndoChoice in the top 500 fastest growing companies in america... sure some competitors are upset, but it's hard to argue with success.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds worth looking into. Very few companies growing at those rates in this economy. Glad I wasn't working for Olympus. This healthcare world sure is changing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

built to be sold off when VC's want their $ (soon). better get some equity if you get on board or network for other jobs as the sales force will no longer be needed when that day comes.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm guessing the endochioce sales force is more stable and more exciting than the boston scientific job. Water cooler talk at boston is pretty ugly and it's only worse at Olympus. Not sure about the other gi companies. Anybody have insights into Fuji, Pentax or Given Imaging?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard EndoChoice made the Inc 500 list, so checked it out. Sure nuff, highlighted in this INC issue - September 2011. #103 fastest growing company in america and #6 fastest growing healthcare company. Pretty impressive. Guess it's true they have strong management team.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fast growing but still on borrowed money - not turning a profit yet. No new ideas - just copying competitor products and shipping them cheap from China. Base salary until you go to straight commission. It takes forever to get above base - but salaries are negotiable. Good place in a bad market - until something better comes along.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I'm reading, EndoChoice starts you on a salary and then transitions you to a full commission comp plan. Can anyone tell me what the average earnings are in year 1? Year 2? Year 3?