Energy Expert Rep - Miami, FL

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2011 at 2:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any thoughts on this position?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Toughest market for Covidien, Regional managers for energy and device are r*****s, burn out in two years like all the rest.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call BS, Covidien EbD is the best segment within Covidien. I'm not sure about the marketing or management but the products are best in the industry, hands down.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would ask why the position is open and has such high turnover.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

best in the industry...really what about enseal, harmonic, Gyrus. Oh and lets not forget the reusable . Might be better in general, but not better than gyrus in Gyn.... But then again we are all getting slapped by the robot. There are better jobs out there than energy, big money days are long gone ..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe there is an open energy position in Miami. I am in the region and the rep in Miami is one of the top reps in the country right now.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they meant that the Miami market is tough for Covidien as a whole, not just Energy. Historically, it has been a tough market to succeed in, for device, suture and energy. For the longest time it was due to so many Tenet accounts. Can't speak for it now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The position is open due to expansion. They have 2 reps down there and are bringing on a 3rd rep. Interviews were last week. I got a call 2 weeks ago about it from a female recruiter. It's been on their website since the middle of June.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless you want to make $120K max and be treated like a pharma rep don't waste your time. Everyone knows the only reason that rep in Miami is doing well is because a big hospital finally signed the contract right when he came in. It took 3 years to get it signed and he was in the right place at the right time. Next year he will be in last place blasting his resume to recruiters. Covidien hires kids with no med device experience and the management treats people like children. The culture has become a joke. Ethicon and 5 others now offers the same so selling these products are a waste of time. You will be battling OR buyers and materials people all day and looking for a new job in 6 months.