Enough of the bashing - be thankful for JK

Discussion in 'RS Medical' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ding Dong !

Does anyone know of the date of the contract renewal? Maybe the board is looking to avoid a golden parachute clause. Perhaps there is hope for folks at RS if the date is in the near future. One can hope!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One can only hope that RS can recover from the complete and utter disaster that John (and Barb) Konsin have created. The level of incompetence and disregard for basic business practice is mind numbing. Even if Konsin admitted his failure and walked away like a man I doubt RS will recover. Sadly People like John will continue to blame others and Barb will continue to act entitled and arrogant.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is she really gone? Did Barb really leave John and move to the east coast. Does anyone know for sure or is this just a rumor?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the latest on the JK debacle? No news isn't always good news.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JK is gone. It's official. As well as another massive layoff. The company is finished.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's gone, she's gone, their gone, I'm gone...we're all gone!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked at RS for about 6 years. Came in just a couple of years before things started going downhill. I watched as John Konsin came in and began taking the company into the tailspin that it's found itself in now. It's really too bad. It was such a great place to work when I first started. The pay for regular employees was fair, not great, and the bonus structure was not as fair as it could be, but it was a fantastic environment, with a lot of camaraderie and lots of fun times to be had.

I became more and more sad as I watched that environment turn toxic. As the pay and benefits went from fair, to poor, to terrible. As the company squandered the opportunity rebuild itself following the model laid out by similar companies, and decided to instead outsource the whole thing, turning a great local, American company into just another company with local headquarters and foreign jobs. I watched as many of the best people jumped ship, seeing the writing on the wall earlier than others. I, and most of my coworkers in my department, all left not too long before jobs started heading to India. We watched so many friends leave due to the massive layoffs that started the ball rolling the wrong way.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I was quite happy to hear that Konsin had resigned. I'm sure that should say was fired, but in the corporate world, CEO's are rarely ever fired, they are just asked to resign. It's too bad, because after all that he's done to the company and people that worked there, he deserves the shame that goes with being fired for cause. I saw that Rick has returned, and has given lip service to the press that if RS wasn't viable, he wouldn't have come back, but after laying off 80-90 percent of the company over the last few years, the latest round of 28 layoffs the paper indicated represents large portion of those that are left. I'm certain that this is it for RS Medical, and that by this time next year, it will have either closed it's doors, gone bankrupt or been sold to another company.

I can't say that I feel bad for Rick either. I know he built up this company, but he's also the one that retired and left it in the hands of a horrible leader. He's the one, as Chairman of the Board and majority shareholder that kept him in place so long, and approved the horrid decisions. Ultimately, it's his fault for outsourcing the whole company. It's just come home to roost.

Now, we just watch as RS goes on life support for the next year, before Rick finally pulls the plug. Then I will say, RIP RS Medical. Once you were good to so many, but your time finally came.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the genius who picked FPR to be their partner in pain creams. They are a joke in the industry, they are tiny small fry players in upstate NY. Of all the large pharmacies with customer support and service people. How in the hell did RS pick this little pharmacy?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After the last 28 were laid off, who survived? I assume Bob H went down the tube with JK since he was nothing more than JK's piss boy. What about David C, Laura J and the other lifers?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JK was awesome!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WAS. I don't believe there was ever a time John Konsin was awesome. He wasn't awesome when he left ATL in disgrace. He wasn't awesome when Covidian fired him. He wasn't awesome when he mismanaged RS and cost the jobs of hundreds. The level of incompetence is mind bending. One can only hope this plague that was John Konsin had finally run its course. I would trust him to manage a ice cream stand let alone a company. Konsin pulled one of the greatest cons of all time when he convinced Rick the he was capable of running a company. RIP RS, good riddance Konsin!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JK is a smart, decent leader. He did the best he could under the circumstances. Good for him for always staying cool under pressure. He deserves many more opportunities to lead and hopefully he will find them. JK, ignore the snarky posts. Good luck in the future.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was not the Medicare rules, the CIA, or competitive bidding, that caused RS to decline. Instead it was the proliferation of "buy and bill - prescribe and provide" TENS competitors who show the physician how to bill and get paid for the TENS provided the PPO insured patient.

The physician profits legally on the sale of the TENS, and those "buy and bill - prescribe and provide" competitors pay commissions to their reps for the TENS pads, which commissions are ongoing and create residual income for the rep.

The RS Medical sales model from 20 years ago simply could not compete against that, even with the RS Medical Direct program.