Enough with this charade

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 18, 2017 at 12:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a farce. My leadership took a whooping 10 minutes to deliver a completely inaccurate rating. And no I'm not complaining because I got a bad rating - I got a 3. FYI, my execution (leads) where top of the pile on my team as were my product growth (lags). When I asked what it would take to get a higher rating - I was told more projects... WTF... Do you think our share holders think more (look at me) projects are going to return GSK to growth... Enough with this charade. Leadership - you are completely destroying the foundation of sound business principles and perpetuating a culture focused on self promotion and arbitrary projects,

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been with this company since the 1980s and I have never seen it this bad! We have degraded to such a low point that I do not know that we will ever bounce back before the generics hit! There is no sense talking about how low the morale is with the asinine enumeration system that we have for bonuses, so I will not even go there! All I can say, is get out as soon and
    as fast as you can, because this turd is going down the drain and this company will suck the life and spirit out of you. Good luck!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Sparky, I was there also in the 80's with all the mergers..............nothing has changed....nothing ! Please go if you can't take it anymore.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that is...can't fake it any more.......

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only way to get a high rating is to do numerous, meaningless, projects!. No one is focused on selling anymore. Everyone is spending their time and energy trying to come up with useless projects that are a complete waste of time. No wonder our sales are sliding!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah yeah blah blah blah. Sick of hearing about your past -we are dealing now with the present here at GSK and it's a true cluster!!! Providers are getting sick of the endless parade of reps. Territories were tolerable before this ridiculous change and relationships were established. Now all our customers see is new faces selling Ellipta devices--matter of time before we are banned from most offices.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha, true millennials......................remember the old people's saying.............iffin' you can't learn from the past, you will keep making the same mistakes. Learn from the past My Dear, or keep failing !

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bury your head in the sand if that makes you feel better but the lights are about to be turned off, and soon with the shitheads that we have managing this company! I am close to the end, but I feel so sorry for those who are younger and are stuck here! Good luck!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The special project thing is a open secret that rewards fake effort vs real daily effort.

The reps with tougher access or lack of daily motivation to go out typically are the ones who do these products. While I have a large territory and bust my tail to hit many accounts, my matrix partners are rewarded for doing projects while staying home. It's a great way for many more days off.

To be clear, these projects have 0% to do with any real efforts and 100% are for show. This is why we struggle.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last post nailed it! Well said. Why can't management see or understand this? It is absolutely amazing to me. Rep A works hard in the field helping to generate Rxs day in and day out. Never calls in sick and always willing to do what is asked...they get a rating of a 3 and told that this is an outstanding rating and they are valued. Rep B works on some project that is a lot of fluff and has minimal impact to their teams..typically making fewer daily calls and low Rx performance (remember, we are not evaluated on Rxs) but..they get "exposure". That rep winds up a 1 or 2. Significant difference in bonus payout and potential ranking advantage come layoff time. One person plays the game and doesn't even generate enough Rxs to validate their salary. The other rep actually does the job required and generates profit for gsk but is rewarded less. The worst part is that Rep A has to listen to Rep B share "best practices" at meetings and on conference calls, which further demoralizes Rep A...who in reality is the superior employee. If this type of system continues, GSK will find itself with a lot of of people who say all the right things but who never execute anything of substance or value. Then we all ask the question that Jack and Cheryl seem to be unable to answer..why does our share price continue to decline? Just sayin.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are spot on!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't understand why everybody is complaining and none of you are doing anything about it. Put your big boy pants on and step away. There is a whole other world out there besides pharma. You have to be willing to take the step. By now you should know the favorites get the projects. Even if you volunteer, many people get looked over.
    If you can, and are willing, get out now. The industry is not like it used to be. I stepped away- not because I was forced to. I took a good look at what was happening and how it never changes. There is a world out there with good money, flexibility and most of all appreciation and recognition for what you do. It's refreshing to feel good about yourself everyday and not beat up. I wish all of you the same.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bring back Witty. #volumestrategy. #littlewhitepillsforwesternmarkets

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh my, didn't he do a great job !

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, he was spectacular except for the China scandal, poor company performance, bribery, weak pipeline, sale of oncology, layoff after layoff, sliding stock price.... Oh but he did land a board seat on an oncology company. WTF?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So True!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the ones trying to shut out talk down, you do realize projects can't help with what we do and supporting this only hurts business.

The projects are highly manipulated by those who do them, pretending that these things help in anyway and then having the FLL force them on other team members is laughable. There's been days I've been pulled out of the field to "work" on these things. Must be nice getting extra vacation days while getting your terrible metrics atoned for.

The problem is I'm held accountable for my metrics while the project people can skirt by missing days, having a low call average, low scripts, and much more. Take time in territory, people really cut the 80/20 rule close that do these "projects". It's a fun way for FLL and GSK to use "Patient first" to screw people.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I absolutely love post #12. So you say you left pharma because you "saw the light". You found a spectacular job which offer autonomy, respect and great pay..those are your words. Do you mind sharing which company you are referring to? Also, if life is so great, why do you hang out on cafe pharma? Just asking.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this bunghole of a company needs to be euthanized.