ENT

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Jul 5, 2021 at 7:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking for information on the ENT business.. worth making a move to get in?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good products, leadership is a joke. All the descent managers have been run off, but it’s a good work life balance overall. A lot customer uses product in the office, which is more laid back than a standard OR.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ENT is really fucked now with the MDT purchase of Intersect. I would stay far far away from here. Friends in this division are sending out resumes as fast as they can.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What I’ve seen in this post is mostly true. Reps are leaving left and right, and the great managers who used to work there have been chased off. Increasing competition from companies such as MedTronic, J&J, Aerin, Intersect (now MedTronic) all going after the same slice of the pie as you means less room for growth and income.

Stryker ENT struggles to grasp the reality of the situation within the space. Since most ENT procedures now are done in the office, you sell to the doctors directly as they are also the business owners. So most of them buy based on price of products alone vs. which is best clinically. Tremendous competition in all product categories, rising issues with insurance reimbursement, and a serious lack of innovation in recent years makes it very tough to succeed as a new Stryker ENT rep.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former long time Stryker rep here, current intersect (maybe soon to be laid off Medtronic rep).

The ENT division is actually solid. Those bitching are old Entellus reps who struggle with stryker growth numbers and expectations. Which, I will admit are damn lofty and rather insane. That said, intersect products semi compete with but not directly with Stryker. Yes, it’s an office and also OR / Clinic based sale and the products carry a stryker (aka BMW) tax on them. However, I still know a lot of reps from stryker in the space and if you’re worth your salt, you’ll make it work and get creative with sales. The good Entellus reps have stuck through. The lazy who rode the gravy tran Of first to market have been forced out.

I will say stryker did the acquisition without full understanding of the space and slapped a stupid growth number in which most failed to achieve (fault of stryker, not the reps). But since then, those that have left is simply due to big boy / girls numbers and went for easier jobs.