Entellus Medical-ENT?

Discussion in 'Entellus Medical' started by Anonymous, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Doctors are not biomedical engineers. And not every opening in the body is about the same. The sinus Ostia are openings that when dilated create micro-fractures thus the opening remain over 80-90 % open with no need of using a stent.

George Protopapas
    Biomedical Engineer

PS. don't forget you are here to bring the best solution to our doctors in any need they may have. I speak about them with respect as you probably should as well.

2. I am afraid Mr anonymous that there is diseased tissue in the sinuses. Depends on the pathology. In case the tissue in the sinus cavity is swollen you can call it diseased tissue due to the lack of airflow. In case the sinus cavity has nothing else (polyps in high percentage etc) then by dilating and creating a micro fractured Ostia then the cavity breaths again and with the aid or not of medicines the tissue is treated.

Thanx
    George Protopapas
    Biomedical Engineer

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entellus...... the smaller balloon won't help you. The ship is sinking.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Acclarent....... you've been J-N-J'ized. Your commissions are shrinking, your territories are shrinking and your quotas are growing larger. This time next year a rep with 3 years with Acclarent will have a new name-- Old Man.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally some truth to come out of an Entellus rep's mouth. Thank you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any word on Medtronics trackable balloon?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love this because it is very true.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i see that entrigue is going to sell it's balloon in the US and they may be making it trackable...sounds like this could put an end to the JNJ/Entellus issue...much less expensive and appears to be better.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Piece of s**t

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see an ex Acclarent or Entellus rep is posting nonsense on Cafepharma.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is it going to be? Who are the new managers?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don`t know but they will be heads above the jokers that are VP`s. What in the world will those guys do now? They were already non factors...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread has been around for a couple years. Any current or former Entellus reps out there? How is it going? Comp, quota, qol, etc. Thanks.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviwed with them. Not impressed whe the hiring manager tells you how un organized the company is, how doctors do not even need the ballon etc...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with them recently, they seem like a joke of a company. The field ride consisted of some morons fighting over who gets to blow the ENT first. They only have one product that is a "me too" product and they seem very proud that they are not governed by Avamed (meaning they can buy business) poor company, poor management, and with 10 percent market share probably going nowhere fast. Douchebags

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, very insightful. you should think about a career as a business analyst. still bitter you didn't get the job, huh?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably don't need to be an analyst to see that I was duped by some cunt of a recruiter to interview with some "great start up" entellus won't be around much longer, lets see how many companies fight to get a rep who knows the anatomy of two or three sinuses after it fails. How's that 10 percent market share r*****? I hope your family gets cancer...smartass

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not commented before, but had to interject. Come on, get a little class, some of those comments are just uncalled for. You are the one who took the interview. Do your research before you accept an interview and waste your time to go meet face to face. Network a little, call a few reps, maybe go talk to one or two ENT's. Don't blame it on the recruiter and don't ever wish the big C on someone or their family. As far as Entellus goes, yes their product is still inferior to the market leader at this point, but they do continue to pick up some steam as they are much more cost efficient and in this economic/healthcare environment, they will pick up some market share, especially in the office where ENT's are paying for the product with their own money. There are certainly worse opportunities out there right now. The job market is pretty tight, so depending on your situation, Entellus may be a good one. It won't be easy, none of these jobs are, but if you convert 2-3 docs from the competition, you could do very well. I'd rather be with a company that has 10% market share, than one with 70 or 80%. No where to go, but down, with 10%, lot's of upside. Just my opinion. But, per my initial comments, the classless comments aren't needed here. Next week is Thanksgiving, be thankful and take some personal responsibility, don't blame it on others, and don't wish negative for someone else or their family. Have a good one.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

with a post like that, it's hard to see why you weren't hired. just sayin.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Experienced rep here at selling new technology looking at an Entellus opportunity. Some of the comments here seem to hint that it's the inferior product to Acclarent and competes on price. Can anyone add any non-koolaid flavored insight?

Is it really an incision through the gum versus the sinus cavity? If so, that sounds problematic. How likely is Entellus to get purchased? Medtronic and Covidien have the resources to develop their own product. Just curious.