Entry level account manager

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently graduated college and am currently looking for a job. MDL was the first company to contact me. I was excited about this opportunity until I discovered this forum. It seems that a lot of the complaints are from sales reps, however the position I'm going for is officially called entry level account manager. Is there a difference? The hiring manager I was in contact with did not make it seem that way. If there is a difference, can anyone on here give me some insight as to what a typical workday is like?

I appreciate any answers!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pleaseeeeee........take the job. It'll be the best career decision you will ever make.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me correct my first post.

*I appreciate any answers! Except for the extremely sarcastic ones that you all seem to love to give.

Just looking for some help here.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to know too I have the same question. And what's the base pay?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You want some help?

Don't take a job here!

Have you read the posts? All of them? They aren't from one or two disgruntled employees, there are years worth of rep's that have been screwed by MDL! Once upon a time many years ago this was a good company, not any more! I read the posts prior to taking the job so I knew what I was getting into. This was a short term stop for me going in. The posts are true! This place is a total management clusterf*ck! I can't imagine working here as your first "real" job. You would be ruined for life!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the job. Its a great entry level position to get your experience. You will learn a lot. Not a terrible company as it's portrayed on this site. I am a tenured rep and have been relatively pleased. Every company is going to have issues and people that hate their jobs. Overall a great company to work for. Most of the complainers on here were fired or are in jeopardy of being fired due to not making quota.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what's the quota for a product that's not much in demand?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do your research. There is a demand for the testing. It is utilized daily in OBGYN offices. Required to have 6-9 accts per quarter. There are other aspects to quota but that's basic enough info.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fired or are in jeopardy? Then explain why there are so many fired or are in jeopardy?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, do some simple math here before you accept the job, can you add 6-9 NEW OBGYN's per quarter? How many total OBGYN's are in the territory that don't use MDL?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recommend ignoring this, as adding new business is not part if the Entry Level Acct Manager job.

If you dont know what you're talking about, dont post. Thanks

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fuck off. You know exactly what the poster was trying to convey. Very practical. Quite logical. Because I'm not as obviously bright as the "current" MDL employees are....explain why the statement regarding quota per territory and number of OBGYN's in said territory NOT using MDL is an assinine statement.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been with MDL almost 3 years and have made quota every quarter. I have always been over 100%+ every quarter and the commission sucks. I have made about $16K in almost 3 years in commission. I was new to lab sales and didn't know but it has been a learning experience. MDL is like McDonalds....learn what you can then move on to bigger and better things knowing you started at the bottom and the only way left is up. I am not disgruntle but I wouldn't reccommend anyone to work for them.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know vt history?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it's called brown-nosing???

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are you not understanding this?

Obtaining new business is not part of the Account Manager job description. It's really very simple, but you've already admitted you're not very bright, so I don't expect you to understand.

Furthermore, even the SSE role is not limited to OBGYN's. Pediatrics and Female GP's are great targets.

Again...you seem to not know what the fuck you're talking about. It's "assinine" (lol, learn to spell, idiot).