Epiduo

Discussion in 'Galderma' started by Anonymous, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is this going to be launched? Ziana hasn't done much is there any excitement around Epiduo?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It won't do much, Duac did pretty well for awhile against Benzaclin but in the last two years Benzaclin Pump is crushing Duac on the East Coast at least. Ziana tried to go after Differin & Benzaclin, bad move, it siphoned its message and has had very modest success at best. EpiDuo better have the same exact base as Differin to keep its retinoid business and competiting against a monster like Benzaclin, where the good reps remain & the product is deeply entrenched, will be very difficult, especially if you are spending half your time talking about using it in place of the base-conscious (Dif & Ziana & Retin-a) class.

Retinoid + BPO -----> TOO ABRASIVE ,

I do think Galderma is a good company...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you crazy?! Dermik is shaking in their boots over EpiDuo - the derms are warning them time and again that it is a great product that they cannot wait to try. ow do I know? I am with Dermik another derm company and was looking here to see what the openings are like, what current employees think about the culture, launch strategy etc. I would love to sell something new and innovative. BZC/Duac have had their day and will always have their niche, but they are established and mature with generics looming on the hoizon, so I do not wanat to go there. Not to mentoin the rumours of the horrible culture they labor under with their parent company, sanofi-aventis. Products like EpiDuo are the next generation - what are the chances of rep openings, or is it too soon to ask?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Innovative? This product has been out for years. Differin .1 plus a 2.5% Proactiv wash. It will eat up Differin .1 and .3 and touch nothing else. Galderma has done such a good job at positioning Differin as non-irritating that none of the Derms believe it actually works on anything but the mildest of acne patients.

Galderma is still a good company but acting very desperate (free scripts coupon books) as of late.

5. KooKoobear

KooKoobear Guest

Epiduo = very irritating

Have you checked out the package insert on the FDA website? Improvement is the same as Duac and Benzaclin and the new Acanya. One difference, Epiduo is very irritating. Don't hate on me but it is a fact. There is data at the early time points (one, 2, 4 weeks) and it documents the early significant irritation.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no kidding, a retinoid & a BPO(in any form whether it be Benzaclin or Duac...) was stamped into derms brains as being too abrasive when applied simultaneously. Have you ever seen a 14 year old after two weeks on adapalene, there face looks like its on fire. Epiduo is a cheap attempt to slide the newness tag to two old products, now almost unexplainedly put together as one product.

As someone said earlier, Epiduo will eat its own differin business for awhile then start hearing its too irritating over and over; still leaving open the question of where is the antibiotic coming from, which they won't use by itself(unless its the back).....sounds like another cute but confusing product to use....Benzaclin Pump is huge in my area and I am concerned we are going to hit a brick wall with this launch

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really does not matter what the efficacy or tolerability is...a free script is going to get filled every time. Ever wonder how this company makes money? Differin off patent 2010 and epiduo 2011-better hope the col-118 comes through.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It takes 12 weeks to get resultsm with Epiduo. SOLUCLENZ takes days. It's affordable and less irritating. This drug is taking off and patients love it which means happy acne patient=happy doc=scripts
    Soluclenz is where it's at! Awesome product.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, Rx BPO is where its at!! You cant be serious...its a BPO....drs know combos work better than single agents. But never mind me, just keep drinking the Kool Aide

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Epiduo will do extremely well for several reasons. First, it is something different...not new products obviously, but something new for derms to try. Second, free product will always get tried. Third, it is a Galderma product...derms will write a ton of it just for that reason. If Epiduo belonged to a smaller company like Pharmaderm etc. it would not get nearly the attention a Galderma product will get. There is definitely something to be said for having a fantastic reputation in dermatology.

Just watch, Galderma's new psoriasis drug will post big numbers too. If you think derms only look at the vehicle and the PI to determine what they write you are sadly mistaken.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ziana was new...It had tremendous expectations and hype, it has settled nicely into being just a niche product, even with an aggressive established company promoting it. It also had alot more intuitive reason to use it, a retinoid with an antibiotic kicker.

The idea of using a BPO & retinoid is filled with basic problems and derms don't have to look at a PI to determine these. Irritation will be their perception going in and patient feedback will undermine the niceness of the differin base. Newness and freebies for a little while will get you to the dance but nothing kills a product launch like "too much irritation", Galderma and its respectable reputation notwithstanding.
    Finacea has taken an inordinate amount of your Metro gel business in the rosacea class, I guess Galderma's choir boy reps were on leave when that has happened.

Your posting is absurd except for the upcoming COL-3 oral product...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Galderma offering free vouchers for Epiduo? I am very interested in trying the combo.

Thanks

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your optimisim has brought a smile to my face, much like when I see retarded children singing at a special ed concert, very sweet and nieve,,,you keep pluging along buddy,,you can do it,,,Awesome

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not from Galderma...I am just checking out the competition to see what others thougths are with new acne products hitting the market and to see if anyone is saying anything with intelligence and substance. Obviously you are extremely juvenile and don't know how you even got hired. Act like a MAN and not a little BOY. You are a disgrace to the rest of us.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know what a disgrace is? It is when you claim to be selling a product when in fact you are actually give it away for free! It's a friggin joke-giving out free vouchers for product. Sets a bad precedent.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not doing so well with the epiduo? Peaked before you knew it. Too funny.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hooray! The free vouchers are back. It should be much easier for this second round. NeoBenz and SoluClenz have both been pulled, Duac was acquired (and its sales force will soon be axed by GSK), BenzaClin is dying a slow death, and Atralin/Acanya is floundering after being acquired twice (first by Galderma wanna-be Coria, who was then acquired by Valeant). Retin-A micro reps don't entertain, and Tazorac/Aczone sucks.

If we can't gain market share now, we are toast. Bring on the vouchers!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crash and Burn baby! I could have sworn it was Christmas when a saw the epiduo trend line, just like a candy cane

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going on Gayderma....Epi has been flat for the last two months, no momentum, only writers are people you paid, I thought this would change the paradigm....Benzaclin is being attacked by all these new products and "is dying a slow death" but still there only down a respectable 5%(and it has stabilized)....I thought your choir boys would take it all, I'm going to enjoy when you start getting indignant with the doctors because you can't grow, its pretty pathetic that 4 months into your launch, you can't grow against "dying prodcuts"

pussies give out your pathetic freebies and have a niceful stressful summer

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a 17 year old guy and I had tried everything. All of the washes you could get at the supermarket and even proactiv. Nothing worked nearly as well as Epiduo does for me. I had pretty bad acne on my face and chest when I was prescribed Epiduo.with Epiduo coupon, I pay no more than $25. At first when I started using it I saw little change (so stick with it!). After about 2 months my face and chest were clear, this product is absolutely amazing.