Esbriet Layoffs

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Nov 25, 2017 at 3:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know when this will be happening? I know some reps have literally one hospital or account which makes up 90% of their business. Some work about 1-2 days a week do to small territories.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They do need to fix some things but I do not think they will have lay offs. And in the next couple of months, there will more than likely be a mass exit with various opportunities out there. Once that happens, there won’t be a need for lay offs.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

By far the worst run franchise at Genentech. Poor leadership, poor hiring of Division managers, and have you ever seen a revolving door of reps, RSD's and DM's. Some let go, some leave, its a mess. And how about the North East where DM's come and go every few months. The Roster has to be updated every other week lol. FS should have been gone many months ago

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely time for a reorg in this franchise. Far too many reps for an orphan status product. Any thought of combining with the Pulmozyme or Xolair franchises since they all cover PUDs?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NEVER!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ophthalmology is not much better, may actually be worse considering the number of changes in mgmt over the past two years.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well.... the party is officially over! It felt like a punch in the gut with the news. This franchise is about to see mass exits, which I think is what they are wanting.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the worst managed brand at the company by far. From day one it was a mess and it started with placing FS as NSD and his poor hiring. of RSD's. Just poor management from the DM to RSD to NSD, sunk this brand and killed morale. There is always an issue or a problem that is made worse by their decisions. Don't worry this drug is history in 3 years and all the pain will be over like it or not. Im sure Sr Leadership has written off re-couping its losses and are happy with the tax write off.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FS bailed just before the ship started sinking...

It's unfortunate that leadership doesn't know how our drug is packaged and shipped, doesn't know how to accurately write a playbook and on top of it has no idea how to create an actual incentive plan, what the rules are and then pay the team for achieving it.

There is NO communication and when there is, it's inaccurate. If OC knew weeks ago, why did we get additional misinformation about payouts just this past week? Perhaps to get an additional month of work out of everyone. But let's ask the real question. Is anyone working in SSF? Or are you just busy trying to decide what gimmick/show and costume you're going to wear in Vegas?

Awards and achievements will be such a farce. Can't wait to see which CS they promote too after last year's was such a joke.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True! and funny how no one quashed that useless Advair managed care data tab that no one uses because it worthless and has no transferability to Esbriet, yet some doofus got a promotion and a pat on the back for wasting time, money and more time, yet management didnt speak up knowing it was worthless. could you imagine when it was rolled out to the DM prior to the CS's I could imagine the ass kissing" oh wow this is a great resource", lol, " this is going to move mountains" hahaha. No one in management understood Esbriet or had managerial courage to speak up. Probably both.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

again, nothing different going on with Esbriet than there is with lucentis. Will Scott VO make another stage appearance next month? Sad, very sad that individuals like him are viewed as model reps while many others who work twice as hard get zero acknowledgement

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have to be objective here, but you seem a bit jealous of SVO. Truth is how do you know how hard he is or isn't working? Are you in territory with him daily? If you're ,as you say, working twice as hard as him without the success he has, maybe you're aren't working as smart? Seems he has a formula for consistent success, right? Im tired of jealous fools like you who knock people with success, who make excuses, but achieve little. Typical 99%er talk on "how its not fair" and how you work so hard but are over looked. Hey maybe you dont work twice as hard? Ever think of that? Maybe you're not s talented? Let your numbers do the talking, as he has. Yes this can be true, i know it hurts the ego, but think about it

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for those words of wisdom, Scott.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're the pathetic one my comrade, glad to see that Scott has a backer or two. He made an ass of himself on stage with Herb and Bill last NSM. SVO is a bag of fucking hot air, has an ego bigger than Ian Clark's and thinks his shit doesn't stink. Having worked with him is a past franchise, having had to clean up his mess after he left, all he ever did was 1.) play the game better than most and 2.) have a shitload of luck. I'm not jealous, actually far from it and have had my fair share of success. Unfortunately every company has a "SVO" who will be put on a stage as the epitome of what good looks like.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And Sharon lively is an equal bag of crap. She's probably the one who wrote to the support of Scotty Van O

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time to leave Intermune and join Roche. The honeymoon is over.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have heard that Genentech is not going to acquire a new IPF drug. I heard Fibrogen is off the table. If that’s happens, then there is no future for us here at Genentech. Any one else hear the same thing? It seems it is time to start actively looking. There will already be a mass wave of people leaving for Insmed.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ive been in the field with these Esbriet reps and they cant competitively sell this drug. I mean to go 50/50 with Ofev on new starts is a disgrace! They just dont know how to sell this drug with a better safety profile, better data, much better, and losing still to Ofev. The reps just don't sell, don't talk the data, just talk dosing not efficacy loses every time. Reps and managers all get hung up on the noise and just don't sell. The portal, cases, APA, online enrollment nonsense etc. all distractions from selling and speaking to the doctor. Thats why Esbriet is 50/50 with Ofev and the mangers just dont get it either and were weak sales people themselves so they just enable the whining and non selling. Its just a perfect storm of dysfunction! I see it!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one at Genentech can sell and that is why other companies are turning all the applicants down when they try to go elsewhere. Layoffs are definitely coming based on the over all companies future. Poor planning, not ready for biosimilar market and customers ready to "stick it to Genentech". The managers in this brand do nothing to help/coach the reps. Incompetent especially the manager in the south. She is worthless. It is time to clean house. Talking heads......