Esmya investigated for liver damage

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Dec 4, 2017 at 10:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Viberzi warnings for pancreatitis and now Esmya with liver damage? Restasis is gone.

Are we losing our entire drug portfolio? Unless my aunt starts getting Botox injections, I am not sure if Allergan is going to be around 5 yrs from now.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) has launched a review of the product after four cases of serious liver damage turned up among patients, Bernstein’s Ronny Gal wrote in a note to clients. Three of those cases ended in liver transplantation, the EMA noted.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fuck.... Does it ever end?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it seems to keep going regardless of harming patients just sell it we will face backlash lawsuits down the road

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, the EMEA is investigating this unusual cluster of SAEs. But Esmya has been on the market for several years in the EU and Canada with no problems. So let’s dial back the panic please.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dial down the panic, thanks dad. If you haven’t noticed the fucking ship is sinking.
    Dick.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot of eggs in this basket...interesting to see what comes down.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I found this form while looking for information of links between esmya and liver problems.
    I'm in Canada and take the drug fibristal which is the same thing.
    After being on it for 3 weeks I developed a terrible itch. Bloodwork came back elevated liver enzymes. This led to an ultrasound which now shows my liver and spleen enlarged.
    I currently have a CT scan booked for later this month to see if it can be anything else.
    In the meantime my bloodwork was done again and my liver enzymes continue to climb.
    Today is my last day taking the drug and will update on what happens next. My dr said we can't ignore the coincidence of taking the drug and these problems occurring right after.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in Canada and was prescribed Fibristal in Sept 2017. I had a full physical at that time and my bloodwork was "perfect" despite having a summer of patio drinking and an all-inclusive vacation and bad food choices (I'm also overweight) following a super stressful year at work where I drank too much and ate like crap. Nov 17th I had tests done because I developed a persistent ache right under my right ribs, would not go away, and on physical exam doc said he thought my liver was enlarged. Ultrasound showed liver enlargement. Blood tests came back with liver enzymes doubled from e months previous despite diet changes, 7 lbs lost, exercise and no booze. Family doc says I should probably stop medication, most likely the cause. Gyno says "nope, not the meds, it's because you're fat and it's caught up with you". I stopped the meds. Going in tomorrow for repeat bloodwork and ultrasound, I'm so hoping things have improved in there! Been so freaked out!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This Isn’t a drug review site. Go to drugs.com for this shit. Believe me, nobody reading your sob story here gives a shit.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! Glad to hear you care about patient care. Allergan definitely does not need employees like you. Let me guess, you're a sales rep?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, glad to see you care about patient care. Allergan definitely doesn't need employees like you. Let me guess, you're a sales rep?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, but not at the higher dose we filed (10 mg) and at the longer duration of therapy (intermittent vs three cycles only). So this assessment will cut Esmya's sales

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are in the same boat. Also liver problems with this drug. We have a small group of us in Canada that have found each other. Yet Health Canada gives no warning And doctors here are prescribing it with NO tests or followup on the liver. Disgusting.