Estratest

Discussion in 'Solvay' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2007 at 12:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm about to have a hysterectomy and my doctor has told me she is going to prescribe Estratest. I've been on Premarin low dose for about a year, along with a baby aspirin, and would like to know the pros and cons of this drug. I'm in pharm sales, and really don't need to read all the "bad" stuff about your company, so please serious answers regarding this drug only. Thanks.

FYI, there is no cancer in my family..I did have a few DVT's a few years back because of surgery, not family issues. The docs put me on Premarin + the aspirin because of menopause.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Estratest has testosterone in it, along with estrogen and is indicated for the relief of moderate to severe symptoms of menopause when estrogen alone is insufficient.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the reply...after 40+ reads, I'm glad someone finally answered. but what are the side effects,,,,good and bad. Thanks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took it and had acne !!! But Estratest give energy and replaces the testerone that you have lost. My concerns for you would be the DVT and Estrogen.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your reply. I would continue the aspirin/day regimen. I'm not too sure I want to go through acne again, though.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Estratest is a great product. It will help with libido, energy, bone building and well being. Side effects mostly associated with Full strength version. Side effects of Estratest HS are comparable with Premarin 0.625.
    If you've already been on estrogen, Estratest will be no different for DVT risk.
    Main side effect is oiliness of skin, (can be benefit if you have dry skin).
    Again, most side effects reported for Estratest Full Strength ( 1.25mg Esterified Estrogens/2.5 mg Methyltestosterone).
    Also, their are "imitators" of Estratest on the market, these are not "true generics" therefore they do not work as well, nor have they had any comparitive studies to prove equal efficacy or safety.
    Hope this helps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where have you been, nimrod? Yeah, there are efficacy and safety studies. Just enough to get TWO declinations from FDA. Read Florida/Breckenridge, or just Google those two names together with the term "Solvay" added. Estratest is an imitator calling an imitator an imitator.

Lady, this product has never - let me repeat, NEVER been approved by the FDA and never will be. The Hagens Berman Law Firm is going to get rich on this one. Tell your friends.

Reps should ask questions of their superiors about the kind of company that would do this. I believe Harold was around during the days as well. Leave him a VM or an email and ask him to explain.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please refrain from calling names --- very imature!
    Also, you are just looking at a legal opinion by no one who has treated any menopausal patients. Clinically you are dead wrong. Sounds like an ambulance chaser --- pitiful.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Judge Ryskamp is not supposed to treat patients. He's a judge.....in a courtroom. If you read the appeal, he was forced to grant a dismissal (Solvay) and deny damages (Breckenridge) to both parties because they both LIED through their teeth. Incidentally, Solvay's attorneys were referred for disciplinary action by the court for lying openly to the court.

I'm sure you don't even know what I'm talking about, but you will. Solvay has been selling an UNAPPROVED drug in Estratest for over 40 years - a fact that even Solvay doesn't deny now. Your right, I may be wrong clinically, but all of the SHBG, libido, bone density and sexual talks in the world won't convince angry patients and angry doctors not to look for revenge for being lied to repeatedly.

Do yourself a favor. Tell a friend at Solvay about this. Ask your RD or DM. Ask Hynd. Ask Harold. See what happy BS they feed you, then read, I mean read, Florida Breckenridge v. Solvay. Steve Berman's phone number is available and they are taking calls..............Sorry for the nimrod reference.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you so against Estratest? Yes I realize Estratest did a similar thing as Syntest by coming into a class of drugs where there was already a brand, i.e. Premarin MT. However, Estratest offered a lower dose than the MT, it was not trying to use a loophole for an inferior product to jump in and take some money as your Breckenridge has done. Also now there are more than just Syntest, so it isn't just the 2 products. I am curious as to why you are so angry. You have an anger management problem or just trying to stir the pot. You seem to have a vested interest in stirring up stuff, otherwise why would you continue to reference a legal firm. Are you doing the same thing to Synthroid?
    Judges only look at legal issues, not clinical issues. As we all know, many lawyers are in it for the money not because they are caring for their clients. Also, who's going to be mad at Estratest when the FDA allows countless unproven compounded products to be made up and used every day. Just consider Estratest a compound that works for many patients. I doubt these thousands of happy patients are complaining. The end.
    If you work for Solvay, shame on you!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a scum-bag plaintiff's attorney, fishing.

Speaking of fishing:

Do you know the difference between a plaintiff's attorney and a catfish?
    One is a bottom-dwelling, scum-sucking, scavenger and the other is a fish!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An attorney? Hardly. And I agree with you about the fish analogy, by the way. The level to which this is being taken personally is surprising - both from you and the earlier poster.

Estratest did not do the same thing as Breckenridge (Syntest), by a long shot. Nor did Abbott with Synthroid which is a completely different issue. Please read and pay attention to what happened in FLB v. Solvay and stop getting on me about what I took the time to research and understand. If I appear angry, then chalk it up to disappointment over an absolutely shameful history of deception and misrepresentation on the part of Solvay. Of course judges look only at legal issues, not clinical ones. The fact is that Estratest has been DENIED approval not once, but twice, so evidently there are clinical issues. You think?? As for lawyers being in it for the money, are pharma companies any different? This is a legal issue driven BY Solvay, not a plaintiff's attorney. So, if lawyers are about the money, and these were Solvay's lawyers, then it would appear that Solvay is really all about the money, huh?. After all, they filed suit against Breckenridge which caused this whole mess to be exposed. Some may wonder why in the world Solvay took this position in the first place - knowing that Estratest was unapproved??

Any way, these are the facts, and you can either deal with them or not. Personally, I think you deserve answers because a big day of reckoning is on the horizon. Ask your superiors what they think and why this has been going on for so long. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer them as well.

The Estratest legal issues are not going away and I had nothing to do with it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess you should go after aspirin too, afterall it is unapproved as well, and would never pass FDA today.

You are caught up in legal bantering and if you are not an attorney then you don't realize some of the arguments are embellished.

What you are missing is that clinically, Estratest works for patients.

Lets say Estratest is not available, where would patients get their androgen/estrogen combination? Well guess what?, they'd have to have it compounded and guess what else?, these aren't approved either. Get off your "holier-than-thou" attitutude, there are many unapproved products being used by patients every day.
    Besides, Solvay didn't create Estratest, it was already 25+ years on the market.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We'll see what the impartial observers have to say in court. I'm just relaying information that I see as very compelling.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prescribing Est/Test for mama's hot flashes is liking prescribing cigarette smoking to calm her nerves (and yes, low dose Est/Test is the same as smoking ultra lights - much better for you....NOT!)!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you must be a man with no, i repeat, no knowledge of menopausal issues. There is no correlation between your analogy, only confirms your lack of clinical knowledge.

it is clear now that the other poster has no clinical knowledge either and is an ambulance chaser, that may as well bring aspirin and all other compunded products to his ambulance chasing firm. Pitiful.....feel sorry for someone who knows nothing but has only limited legal info. An impartial group is also a group with no clinical knowledge. However, look at the vioxx cases, they haven't all been won by the plaintiffs have they?

You should jump on the lawsuits I've heard will take place on the WHI reseachers by the women who were given wrong info and stopped their hormones premature. If they were in the 50-59 age group they would have had now had a 30% less mortality rate by being ON ESTROGEN. Now they are SOL by Rousseu(sp) and WHI crew. Go after them..these women are screwed.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I repeat, again, I am not a lawyer, nor am I affiliated with a law firm. So then, dazzle me with all of your clinical knowledge regarding E/A therapy. I bet my clinical knowledge ranges further than you think. And don't bring any of the detail piece lipid, virilization, efficacy or "Data on file" stuff to the table or I'll know it.

Do you not realize that this entire mess was brought to light BY Solvay and that if they hadn't been overwhelmingly stupid or greedey, or both, they could be selling Estratest today under the radar as they had for 25 years? The reference to other products is not valid in this case. They are largely covered by DESI or ISR status or clearly have to pursue a NDA. Solvay has deliberately marketed Estratest in the face of two declinations from the FDA while knowing that there were no provisions to protect them since it was brought to market in 1964. None of the products you mention, nor their companies, have this history.

They further attempted to dupe the court in the Breckenridge case by LYING, BOLD FACE LYING, to the court about the approval status of Estratest. Why are you pissed at me over this??? For pointing it out? Denial? Dishonesty? This is going down no matter how good Estratest may (or may not) be clinically. Do you feel good about this situation - knowing that hundreds of thousands of women took this drug without approval from FDA and in the face of being denied approval for ________ reasons? That line of thinking is what has drawn the ire of those involved in this lawsuit(s). It is arrogant, abusive and morally wrong no matter how you couch the argument to the contrary.

Do yourselves a favor and READ FLORIDA/BRECKENRIDGE V. SOLVAY.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have read it. Its no different than any other unapproved products made up everyday and sold to the public. It's a shame you have solely focused on Estratest, put your efforts in to something else. Are you just after a settlement? There's a whole bunch of women who'd KICK YOUR A... for trying to take Estratest off the market. Get a life.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is very different. I assume you are speaking of compounded products that are not subject to FDA approval.

That's an interesting assertion as the plaintiffs in these cases are "a whole bunch of women who'd kick Solvay's A..." if given the chance.