Ethicon ASR

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by anonymous, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello-

I am looking to make a careers change. I currently sell services on lab equipment, but want to make more money. Can anyone tell me what the pay is like for an ASR? I currently make about $100k but there is no more upside. I would be willing to take a step back to get to that $130+ range.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work for the company and train the in house ASR's and if you are at 100K now keep it. An ASR will not make that for the first 2 years. Base is like 55-65 with variable of about 30K and it is the very entry level position which means all the grunt work.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I understand it will be a little bit of a downgrade money wise, but the upside after a few years should be better. I am stuck at $100k ish right now.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post must be a joke? Imagine yourself working 24/7/365 being owned by the sales reps you are working for and making 50k driving some sort of fuel efficient Prius. Not to mention you are not needed or wanted in the OR. Stick to your desk job making 100k or try Enterprise, much better careers.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i understand its going to be crappy for a year or so but the upside is better than what i have now.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ethicon will be transitioning to an all contract sales force. Stay away.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

would be a good way to take it to the next level comp wise

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're looking for a change it may not be a bad position to take. I was an ASR and now have my own territory. Pay as an ASR will be around 60k base and 20k variable, but in about a year or so you should have your own territory and make 65k base and 60k variable. I had a positive experience as an ASR and wasn't treated like garbage, others in the program will tell you the same. I was in a similar situation making about 100k but there was no real upside. I am happy with the way it turned out for me.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like a solid gig. How is the pressure to perform compared to stryker where i hear its insane?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Compared to Stryker? There is no pressure at all, ever, at Ethicon. Stop asking dumb questions. You could never get hired at Stryker, look into Enterprise.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is a mess. So many people moving on in 2016. Ethicon is a good stepping stone if you want to do 15 weeks of training and roll playing only to watch your comp go down every year once you are in the field. Tenured reps work 1-2 days a weeks and make up stuff they are doing to stay off the radar, while the ASRs are given all the garbage work. The business model in place is terrible, morale is terrible. Having said that if you are not in Med device and straight out of college, it might be a good place to start, if you are in Med device and looking to join, this place is a dead end.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess, everyone that works for Ethicon has been off for the last two weeks because somewhere, someone said that JNJ shuts down that last two weeks of the year?! Another lame excuse by a last reps to not work at the end of the year...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like you can earn some decent dough while still have good qol

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Applied to an ASR position in my area sounds like it can pay upto $90k with company car. Once you become a rep sounds like around $150k.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahah, I got a good chuckle from this. If you buy that load of crap, I've got some magic beans I'll sell ya.

17. Lol someone is lying to you. That's the worst position to have in the hospital besides the staff that turns over the room. And even that position is better because everyone needs them, they don't need an Ethicon ASR.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I appreciate any insight that you may have. What can realistically be expected? Thank you for your time.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not the person who posted the previous comment, but I have gone through the ASR program and now am a rep with my own territory. As an ASR my total comp was 80k, and as a rep my total comp is 125k (both assuming you hit your quota and get 100% of the annual bonus). In my experience the comp wasn't as high as what you were quoting, but not too far off

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not truthful at all. NO ONE is being paid commissions unless you are a TAL or Manager. We are working 24/7/365 for min base car computer and phone. Better pay at car rental companies...