Ethicon is so disappointing

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by WTF, Feb 27, 2016 at 11:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well said. I recently left Ethicon and couldn't agree more with the above posts. I took the job because at the time it was my foot in the door to med device with a reputable organization that I could step in and learn as much as i could and go through what was actually a pretty rigorous training program with hopes of putting in a couple years and moving on for more money and better opportunity. I quickly learned we are absolutely not needed in the OR and if anything are a waste of a docs time and it is VERY contract driven for which device he pulls. Managers continue to say drive surgeon demand blah blah blah but at the end of the day both tri staple and echelon produce the same outcomes and the doc is going to use what's on the shelf. They are all "me too" products with slight price variations. Sadly, I went back to my old company because I just couldn't stand the culture and micro management but that was my own territory and not saying that's everywhere even though it could be. It's a shame because there are many good places to be in med device or med sales in general.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How are other divisions of J&J like Mentor or ASP?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not believe the hype. There are many many of us who make more money than the ortho reps. On average, across the whole country, I'd say we make about equal comp.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi, you must be new to the OR. Ask around. You could probably count on your one hand how many of our reps make more money than the ortho reps. If you doubt that, again, just ask your colleagues.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard that the Mentor reps are highly paid. $200k at plan to be exact. Sounds like that is where the majority of J&J money is going.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny, but I always see Applied Medical and Covidien reps in the OR busting their tails, getting their products used while Ethicons reps seem to be lazy and arrogant. I rarely see an Ethicon rep outside of the lounge, cafeteria or a nearby coffee shop. However I usually see an Applied Medical or Covidien rep in a case or waiting by the sink. Had a surgeon tell me she thinks all three companies have about the same quality, but the quality in the type of people Applied Medical and Covidien hire make her want to use their products over the Ethicon products. You guys are getting outworked and out classed.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL. You think anyone on here really believes that you had that conversation with a surgeon? You must be a real tool. Thank God I don't overlap with you, I would've smacked the shit out of you pretty quickly

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You would have smacked me huh? Love to see that. Love that! Very rich, keyboard gangster here. There's a reason why you aren't at Stryker and stuck at Ethicon. We eat weaklings like you alive. You're the guy in the locker room hiding until everyone is out before you will undress. I know your type, pure Beta Male. So continue to act like a tough guy on here. I would love to see you in the OR, oh that would make my day. I would pull this up and we would see if you would back it up.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone hates you...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ethicon is pharma, plain and simple. Their mentality is of pharma, execution, and their pod structure. Im sure their is a person or two there that gets it, but most are fucken clowns. Contract driven and they cant sell shit, because its so contract heavy and vehicle for sales. Just like pills on formulary. Nevertheless, its a start and gotta give the ones that earn the next gig credit. That said, fasten your seat belts, because beyond Ethicon is real competition and you better know wtf you are doing real quick.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL you must work for Covidien or Applied for that dumba$$ comment to come out of your mouth. Look at this fool's spelling. That alone would prevent him from working for Ethicon. Want to talk pharma, that is what you bottom feeders at Covidien or Applied are. You would give anything to leave your sinking ships and hop on board with the big boys. Ethicon reps can outsell any Applied or Covidien rep with out even trying!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ethicon reps are wave riders. Nothing is "sold" surgeons either use Ethicon or Covidien based on the contracts their hospitals have in place. Period. Maybe there are 1 or 2 docs here and there that fight for either Ethicon or Covidien and go against the contract situation, but it is not because of the rep doing a thing.

Do a side by side demo of the staplers both form staples and both look fine. Ethicon reps do well when contracts are going their way. Wave riders. Please don't kid yourself and believe otherwise. Sit back work 1 hour a day and collect checks until they fire you. Or work 2 jobs like have of them do. HR you should look into that when you're done analyzing the trackers in their cars..