Ethicon Surgical

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by anonymous, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recruiter called me for position selling sutures etc. in Albany, NY stated total comp would be about 170k first year at plan. After reading through some of these threads it looks like this may not be accurate. Any honest feedback would be greatly appreciated so I don't waste my time. Thank You

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not accept this role!! You won’t even make 100K selling sutures at Ethicon. They will offer you a base between 60-70k and tell you that you have a tremendous opportunity to earn commission. Here is the lie, Ethicon Reps do not earn commission, they are paid “variable compensation” based on growth if you are new with won’t be more than 45k.

Another issue: With about 90-95% market share in the sutures market segment, how much do you really believe you can grow? Quotas at Ethicon typically require about 20% growth over pryor year base sales to achieve quota. By the way, you don’t earn a single dollar of your variable pay unless you are at least 91% to quota achievement, so most reps have only earned their base salary for the past few years, which is usually between 45k and 70k.

If you are a brand new sales rep right out of a business to business sales background or enterprise rent a car, accept the job. If you are a device rep or even a pharma rep, don’t even consider wasting time at Ethicon. Ask anyone in the Albany team if they even made more than 120K this year. Seriously, do it. #mycompany preaches transparency.

I will continue to monitor this forum to protect people from these predatory recruiters who lie about salary at Ethicon.

Any other questions feel free to ask...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will not even make 100k in this role. This recruiter is lying to you. First year at at Ethicon you are usually offered a base of 45k to 70k plus variable commission of 45k.

If you are a B2B sales guy, go for it. It’s a good resume builder. If you are actually making over 100k in your current role I wouldn’t touch Ethicon with a 10-foot pole. Here’s why.

At Ethicon you are paid on growth over base. Quota achievement usually entails 20% growth over prior year. Ethicon owns about 90-95% of the standard suture market. How do you plan on growing in a market Ethicon owns almost 100% of?

Additionally, recruiters will lie and tell you that you can earn “commission” this is untrue and you are paid quarterly variable based on sales quota achievement. If you aren’t at least 91% to plan you don’t get a dime. They’ve made the sales plan more confusing than an idea assembly manual and it’s designed to be confusing and Gamify the comp plan In such a way that you have an incredibly low chance of making quota every quarter. This recruiter is lying.

Ethicon preaches transparency so ask the Albany team who made over 100k in 2017. I doubt any of them did over 120k. Any other questions feel free to ask.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pay your dues and earn experience and then the money will come. True you are servicing and not really selling now . Get vested and if you are smart and young save as much as you can . If you focus only on then money its short term

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best post I've seen, site-wide, in a long time. All true.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this still true to this day?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could be bitter idiots who can’t strategize or sell from pharma industry… I’d say a safe assumption over 5 years is 150k average per year.

territory is important - you want to be in a growing population area.