Everett Laboratories

Discussion in 'Women's Health' started by Anonymous, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This "pharmaceutical company" is a joke!! Starting salary is $42,000 a year and potential bonus total at the end of the year is maybe $10,000 for all three products and thats if you're in the top 5% of the company! Not to mention their expectations are ridiculous and are constantly changing their sales strategies in the middle of the quarters. They'll tell you to focus on one key product for the quarter and a month into the quarter they switch your number one product for another! No organization whatsoever!!! In addition, to anybody with children considering taking this job you should know that they are inconsiderate of your personal time, they send last minute report on Friday and are expected back on Sundays, they email on holidays about issues that could wait and email you late hours of the evening expecting responses immediately! If you're desperate for a job take it until you find another because this place is a complete disgrace to pharmaceuticals!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has the company gotten any better? I'm suppose to meet with them tomorrow....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a look at the headquarters in NJ.
    Gross! Do judge a book by its cover!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can not express enough how much of a disaster Everett is.
    NO organization
    NO communication
    NO Realistic Goals
    NO Fair compensation
    NO Dental
    NO Vision
    NO FDA approval on newest product
    NO Direction

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thinking of interviewing or working for Everett Laboratories?? Be very careful and heed the warnings posted on this site, they are all from current or former reps, and I’m here to validate their claims. The reason I’m doing this is to caution you on the company and help you prepare to ask the “right” questions to the hiring manager your interviewing with. After all, they are salesmen too! And it is their job to sell you on accepting the position…

First, they call Everett a “pharmaceutical” company, but you will only be selling vitamins and supplements to OBGYN offices. If you’re not familiar with the pharma business, this job and its products are bottom-of-the-totem pole. Doctors are not interested in speaking in detail with a vitamin rep, and rarely give you the time of day, but the home office and territory managers insist you treat each visit and detail as if you have the cure for cancer. It’s just a vitamin; you take it once daily with water….the end.

If you’re experienced in pharma, you shouldn’t ever consider working for Everett. It’s a large step down in your career and your compensation. No need to keep reading…
    Everett will pay most of their reps a base of 40-45K based on your territory (if it’s a competitive market to find quality reps) and your experience. Your bonus pay will likely range from 8-12K for the ENTIRE YEAR! Not quarterly. A measly 2-3K a Q is terrible pay for a medical sales job.

As for your competing companies, most of the companies pay a base salary anywhere from 10-25K more than Everett, yet in all the meetings all they obsess over is becoming number one in the women’s health market. While Everett has good vitamins, and the company does well, would you really feel good knowing that companies 2, 3, 4 … And so on pay their reps higher in base and in bonus? I wouldn’t, and I didn’t. Yes, if you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m a former rep. And I made a lot of friends in my time with Everett from other companies that sold vitamins, and Everett is the lowest paying.

Their newest product is a complete bust, and has been tanking company wide since May 2012 when it was introduced. All the managers and home office suits are completely drunk on the Kool-Aid and insist this product is the future of the company. As for the newest product, it’s a supplement, two ingredients, OTC (over the counter) product with NO FDA APPROVAL!! That’s why this product is crap! There is no proof that is actually works without the FDA, that’s what that entity is for. The studies the company provides on the visual aid are terrible. Not enough time, money and women were used in the studies to make it credible to the doctors. Most won’t use it because of the information provided, and the lack of FDA approval. OBGYN’s are some of the highest sued doctors, so is it any surprise they won’t use this product???

The last I heard, the new products they will be introducing in the New Year are also supplements that will be OTC. If you haven’t figured it out yet, this job is basically a well-dressed GNC rep.

They are also going to introduce a device in the New Year as well, but be very, very cautious of that! Think of it like this: doctors hate drug reps because there are so many of them coming in and out of the offices each day taking up their time. Secondly, you’re selling a vitamin, which is the least of their worries and the littlest of their concern, so how much attention, and credibility do you think they will give to you when you come in with a device??? My feeling is that being a drug rep, and a vitamin rep at that, the device will not be taken seriously.

And keep in mind they’re already devices like that currently in the offices represented by companies who’s reps only sell one product, that device, and they have a base in the 60K+ range. So all your doing is Everett’s leg-work and marketing of their many products all day while paying you pennies on the dollar.

If you’re not concerned by now, and are still considering interviewing or working here, please keep these points in mind, and ask your hiring manager that you’re interviewing with: See what they say….

• Ask how many reps have left this company in the last 6-12 months. They will always use the terms “entry-level” and “ground floor” opportunity to describe the job, the company and the products. But like most things in life, you get what you pay for, and at Everett they will only pay you as an entry-level sales person. So no wonder reps leave after being with the company a short time.

• Ask, how many products will I be responsible for now, and when more are added in the future, will by base salary increase?

• Ask, does this company give individual awards to sales reps to excel in their territories? (they don’t because they know that’s ammunition for reps to leave)

• Ask what the bonus structure is like, in detail. Ask to see a copy of it during the interview, and certainly ask to see it before you work here. They advertise it as “uncapped” but they set the goals so high for all the reps, that you only make the bare minimum payout. Trust me, the managers will all say its “industry competitive” and “the best they’ve ever seen”, but they obviously haven’t seen a lot of comp plans in their careers, and it’s only competitive when compared to a retail cashier!

• As for your quotas, ask them if you will have your upcoming quarterly numbers BEFORE the quarter starts. You won’t, because they don’t give you the quotas for that quarter until that actual quarter ends and passes. So not only do you have no idea what goals you're suppose to hit, you have no proof that they didn’t raise the goals after they got the final numbers from the prescriptions you generated to affect the money you could have made….

These are many things you should consider from this post before deciding to take a job here. I’m not saying you should or you shouldn’t, that’s up to you, but heed this advice, and the advice from the other posts, they are accurate.

If you’re looking for an easy, Bull-sh*t job that you can get-by on and use to buy time with until finding a job you really want, this is the place.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like bitter ex-employees to me. This company is not a bad company to work for at all. True, the base is a little low, but I was started at 45K and after my first year on the job received a 5K raise. Also, in my first year goals were very reasonably set and I made about 20K in bonuses. Your bonus structure also doubles your second year. This company is growing quickly and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good job that pays for performance.

current rep

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everett Labs is a joke. They basically sell candy but try and sell prenatal vitamins like they cure cancer. Their management team's messaging tactics mirror a vacuum salesman's. Listening in on their meetings was pure cringe worthy stuff. The best part about them was they were recentIy acquired by a European company and the father of the parent company assigns his son, who can't speak English and doesnt own a comb, CEO....With zero work experience mind you. They only hire people who don't like to make money so only join them if you need a hobby...or a good laugh.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll consider your warning. But for those that don't have jobs or some reason want to to get into pharma, this is a great starting point.
    BTW, they don't care if you leave. There are many other just waiting to take your position

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a interview this coming week. Despite what I have read here I am still very excited about the opportunity. Any suggestions for in nailing the interview???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview with this company tomorrow any insight from your interview?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed and was not impressed with their offices.. quite frankly, the company as a whole does not seem that put together and polished... the people working in their offices were miserable. The base is more than what has been posted here - it was 50/60k and yes the bonus was grubby... My question is - what is the training like for this job? since it's just a supplement, I assumed it's not a 4-5 week long training and hope it's all home based? if any of you know, please chime in.. thanks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot. NO vitamin has an FDA approval.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please set up an Exeltis board for us. Everett is now Exeltis.