Evil things going on at Astellas

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by Anonymous, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am baffled at the evil things I am seeing at Astellas. I never thought this company would harass employees as I am seeing right now. I makes me horribly sad and I hate it for the innocent people they are targeting. No retaliation if you go to HR...my ASS! It is disgusting and I wonder if it is happening nation wide.

I truly believe what comes around goes around and the people that are getting their jollies by destroying people's reputations and livelihoods...it will come back to them ten fold!!! Absolute evil on their parts and at least when my day of reckoning comes...I can say I didn't intentionally try to harm people for my own benefit. Those that are doing this, will have to answer someday.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going on now? I am stuck in a corner all day and really do not talk to many people so I have no idea.
    Please spill it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with OP. If you go to HR, you will be retaliated against.

I have seen it over and over again. I have a very good friend, sweet girl, one of the hardest working coworkers I have ever had...that they are harassing the shit out of...I am proud of her for standing up for herself...but very sad that Astellas, a company I used to respect... allows harassment to occur at this level when someone has sought advice from HR.

I think the company is doing the wrong thing and if they can do this to a good rep/person...they will do it to anyone. Don't think you are immune...you are a number!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see how long HR will let this post stay up before they take it down. Truth hurts.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there anyone "safe" to talk to at Astellas. I need to talk to someone about the awful things going on and would hope there is at least one good person we in the sales force can trust to go to. Any ideas or names? Would the higher ups even care that most of the sales force wants to find other jobs b.c. the abuse is so bad or they feel there is no future? Or is it just better to get out and "F" it?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would never go to HR for anything. Even people who used to be so nice and sweet ( DL) don't want anything to do with you anymore.
    I don't trust any of them.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only my faith and God has brought me through the abuse I have suffered at Astellas. Without my faith and family, it would have torn me apart. It amazes me how evil people can be in roles of power. I almost feel sorry for them b.c. you know their souls are empty and no one this evil can be happy.

At least I can say that I love, try to do the right thing, make mistakes and learn and feel empathy for others. In my opinion...no job is worth losing those qualities and I am proud of myself and those who stand up for what is right. They can take my job...but they can't take my heart, love and soul for my family, friends and fellow man.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm terribly sorry that you are feeling abused in your current position. But why on earth are you staying if it's that bad. I understand that it's a difficult time, but really, if you are being abused then get out. Like any abusive relationship, you've got to make that decision. There are ALWAYS different options.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i tend to agree with poster 8 but at the same time it is not always that easy especially if we are the sole providers. I wonder if Astellas does look after the little people - there are some bad manages and we end up eating it! does Astellas seriously consider track record or 360 feedback?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What Astellas is allowing as far as abuse of power in the Southeast is absolutely horrific and evil. Shame on HR for not doing what is right. It is truly sad to see what has happened.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i find that hard to beleive - DL is as good as they get - good to the core! but if true may show that sr management condones and promotes a competitive negative atmosphere. hard to beleive but Ive seen it before: survival of the fittest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I honestly think that managers are feeling more empowered to abuse people bc of the perceived bad job market.

My advise is to avoid getting on a pip. Do your admin ahead of time. Plan your ride alongs as if it were an interview. Do what you have to do to get your mgr off your back. Save a file on your manager. HR will not protect you unless there is a severe issue that could cause them to be sued. Don't talk to your teammates about how you are feeling bc they will only repeat it.

Look for another opportunity. There are jobs out there but, you really have to be committed to looking. My suggestions spend two weeks on your resume & cover letter.

I was working for a person like this. Get out. I did.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is hard to get out when you don't have another income and the economy is what it is and you are the sole bread winner. Someone sent me this quote today and it has been the only thing that made me smile lately, so thought I would pass along to those of you that are going through abuse so you too can get a good laugh and smile for a change.

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles for your face to frown, BUT it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap the mutha fuckers upside the head!"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone I know is looking for another job! While Astellas doesn't care about the "little man" when there is a mass exodus in this economy and they have to spend $$$ to retrain, fly, etc new reps---the Japs are going to start questioning what the hell is going on.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The HR Deparment and it's practices need to be investigated. No consistency in how they deal with people and issues.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree! The entire company needs to be under investigation.

Sad truth is the old company we all used to love is gone and dead. There is no integrity left here. Mass EXODUS and law suits are ON THE WAY!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A good manager knows how to motivate, inspire and coach! A bad manager micromanages, pits his people against each other and creates a sense of fear. Not hard to see what we have of more here at Astellas.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work for this company not too long ago.
    I had every intention of making this the last stop of my career.
    My manager made my life SO MISERABLE... lies, illegal activity, harassment...
    Even though I complained to HR on several occasions NOTHING was ever done.
    Need less to say- Astellas is a HUGE disappointment.
    The company needs to be punished for this type of misbehaviour!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope things are much better for you. I am so sorry to hear that and you are not alone.

Astellas has been a huge disappointment for me as well. I gave up a great oppt to come here and choose Astellas b.c. I was impressed in the beginning. I remember being so excited and feeling so lucky. I really wanted to kick butt and build a career with them.

How quickly things change...it has been the closest thing to Hell. HR and the company have completely let their employees down by showing a lack of integrity and allowing discrimination, hostility and abuse to occur at I level I have not EVER seen in my Corporate America career. In addition, the company has become so over micro-managed that 80% of the reps I know are looking for other jobs b.c. they are being treated horribly or DO NOT TRUST their managers.

I am truly hurt by what the company has done to me and other employees and all I can say is I hope Karma gets them in the worst way possible and they suffer the most intense pain known to human beings. I hate them that much!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is SO MUCH micromanaging paperwork that it is overwhelming. While they got rid of HCP, they added 5 new things. I literally get asked for a different tracker every week. How can you track your sales if you don't have time to sell...and are always sending in endless, mindless items!

I realize that you have to "play the game" and we are very lucky in a lot of ways, but I just don't think this is helping us with sales or moral. I also think there are a lot of untrustworthy managers out there and all this paperwork on top of a manager you hate, makes it miserable. I don't know anyone is my District or Region who is happy and our manager is just AWFUL! Hands down the worst I have EVER seen in this industry and I am old!