Exalgo

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Apr 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone give me the scoop on this product? Interviewing soon and learned all I could from the website, but can't get a good sense of how it compares to competitor (Opana ER) and if the ER formulation is really a benefit to patients over the generic IR versions. Sounds like sales aren't great -- reasons or speculations?

Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

terrible side effects

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really want to know Exalgo stacks up horribly against the competition. We have a more expensive product with worse coverage than other products out there. The only time it makes sense to write exalgo is if the patient has amazing coverage or a lot of disposable income. My doctors will use exalgo if NOTHING else worked on their patients and even than they are hesitant to use it. Pharmacies will not stock it unless you have doctors calling begging for it which no doctors will take the time to do this unless they are trying to fuck you. Pennsaid is even worse..

My advice is if you have any other options out there take em. Covidien is a sinking ship and anyone that tells you otherwise is lieing trying to make themselves feel better.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, if you're interviewing to work at the pharma division of Covidien RUN RUN RUN RUN. They'll have you on a CAP or PIP within a year and you'll probably be gone within 2. If they manage to stay in business that long once Covidien gets rid of this loser division.

Management sucks and they even fire them, long term employment is rewarded with a CAP/PIP. Ask how many reps with 3 or more years are still around. If they are, ask them how many good people they've seen been railroaded and fired. The answer will be ALOT!

Exalgo is a me too product, just take generic dilaudid and save yourself the problem of trying to get Exalgo which is priced SKY HIGH.

Again, if you have any self-worth left DO NOT interview with this company.

Oh and if you're interviewing for any position on the Western area of the US, and Connie Kisinger will be your Regional, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Your life will be hell.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mrs. Kissinger. Please stop removing my posts. Ask Kissinger why she took 1/2 days off when she worked for JNJ without reporting them. She would go to the Naperville pool in IL with her kids and other managers would see her there,they had legitamate days off, and ask why she was there. She would tell them that she deserved the time off without taking a half day. Not kidding. She is everything wrong with pharma today. If you're a man,good luck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

competitor here. I think exalgo is far too expensive and carries too much risk of abuse/diversioon to compete in the chronic pain market.

However, your sales are getting ready to SOAR ! - not that it is a good thing for society in general !- My guess is by this time next year, Exalgo sales will be knocking down the stretch goals your management originally set ! When OC changed to OP, sales went down by 1B. Opana and roxi tooks it place in the abuse and diversion market. Opana just refomulated & they will see a similar decline. Roxi is going to continue to fly off the shelves, limited only by production limits and what the DEA allows to be sold. SOMETHING will take the place in this market. Exalgo is the only product that can fill the space, and once the druggies realize this is a Dillie in a huge dose - just watch that shit fly. Price wont matter, managed care wont matter. Cash is King ! - If you are a rep with no pill mills in your territory, don't beat yourself up that u can't sell. prepare yourself, sit back and laugh at how mgmt oohs and ahhs over the excellent salesmanship of the idiot 2 territories over that has a pill mill.

If your the rep with a pill mill. DON"T go in the pill mill office. They are going to write it regardless and all u will do is possibly implicate yourself in a criminal enterprise when they eventually go down.

This market has existed since the discovery of opium waayyy back when and its not going away anytime soon ! -- whether it disgusts you or entertains you really doesnt matter. It will still be here long after were gone.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice post!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Drug user here...we can't abuse it, we've already tried.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How come ? I thought it was just plain ol hydomorp in time release shell similar to the old OC.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whoever thinks this is an actual competitor is an idiot. Hello corporate

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree....pathetic cry for attention.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly... Anyone who has been doing this more than 2 weeks can tell you that unless the patient has had a horrible experience with EVERY other product on the market and has unbelievable coverage than doctors will be extremely hesitant to write yet another me-too product. Also good luck getting pharmacies to stock this over priced piece of shit. I can't tell you how many doctors would try it only to find out the pharmacy would not stock it because they felt it would not move. So once they convince a patient that this product would be perfect for them they can't find it in any pharmacy local to them so the doctor looks like an asshole. Also don't give me that bullshit that a good rep will make sure the pharmacy is stocked or have the docs call up the pharmacy. Let's be realistic shall we. There is a reason the turnover rate is astronomically higher than your average pharma company. TURN AND BURN THOSE REPS SO NO ONE IS LEFT TO COMPLAIN! JUST BE HAPPY TO BE EMPLOYED!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien has its head in the clouds! Agree, no pharmacies are going to stick this crazy priced me-too dilaudid!

God, cannot tell you how happy I am to be out of the campany! Know previous reps who don't even list it on their resume! Makes sense since the average tenure of new reps is about a year!

What a dirty crappy company!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True statement. I was let go after 6 months, I hadn't even had a chance to get these crap products going in the territory. Oh well did me a favor much better job now. Have won presidents club 2x since Covidien let me go/ fired whatever.... Thx Covidien. Jokes on you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting..whats going on in the west? any other regions going through this?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going on in the West is what's going on ALL OVER Covidien Pharma, illegal employment practices, hostile work environment, harrassment and violations on EEO law!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are that unhappy, then leave. (This is not a smart A@@ thread or anything. I am serious.)

It is a simple deal.

It doesn't matter if you are right or wrong. We are usually both all of the time.

If you do not want to be here, if you do not believe in any company or any primary drug or product, please leave.

You will be happier and everyone around you, professional and otherwise, will be happier too.

It is not hard to figure out. If you have given it a good effort or find people in your management chain that you cannot stand or work for, then leave, please.

If you are over the age of say a middle schooler, and you cannot make it work, please move along.

It is a simple choice. It is not complicated. Just call the shot, make a decision and act like a grown up. It is about YOU and up to YOU.

If you choose to stay, then choose to be here. Give it good effort, keep your whining, inside your head and in conversations to the lowest level you can. YOU choose, YOU call the shot.

It is about YOU and not the company. YOU will be happier. YOU will relax. YOU will not self poison with dwelling on negative stuff. (and there is always negative stuff to complain about. You decide what you think about, and YOU will be able to do your own job or job search better.

It is about YOU, so take care of YOU, Get some exercise, do some reading like in a book. We are happiest when we are growing, to learn something, try something new, live a little and quite whining. You decide. Do some volunteer work somewhere. Talk to reps who need jobs or have changed careers and directions. There are many ways to go if you have the courage to make the choices.

It's like that Seinfeld episode where the all decide to spend time visiting with elderly folks as a public service deal. Elaine gets the lady that slept with Ghandi and George gets some 80 year old. After a few cups of coffee with George, the older man ends the relationship with the volunteer George because as the older fellow puts it, "Life is too short to be wasted on folks like you." as he walks out of the coffee shop.

Seriously, if YOU are not happy and do not see a better mindset in your future about being here, simply go away. We wish you every success but make a choice.

My Grandmother used to say that "A man is about as happy as he chooses to be.". Make a choice. It is better for YOU and all of us too.

Choose to stay and change your self talk or choose to leave but get off the place where you are. I have been forced a few times to make those choices. Looking back, I always wonder why I didn't do it before someone else made it happen. Go it Peace and seriously, good luck with whatever YOU decide to do or choice you decide to make. Life is short.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really, Ron? Why don't you make EVERYONE happy and LEAVE? No, you LOVE making everyone miserable. I think you get off on it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that people can have difficulty with change. The company is having growing pains.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well thought out post, but completely off base. What you seem to forget that many of the complaints are from inappropriate policies and actions of the people running the company. Many problems with people are in over their heads and making horrible decisions that affect a vast amount of employees. By your logic you would be telling some poor women who is getting sexually harassed on a daily basis to shut up and move on, because shes the one that chooses to be there.

There is a level of responsibility by the company to provide a fair and dare I say it somewhat positive/happy working environment. We aren't coal miners or day labors that sign up and know what they are getting themselves into. During interviews, training and even all the cheesy corporate events we are force fed company ethics and an inaccurate pictures of what the company culture is. So in one hand we are being told everything we want to hear, to stick it out, to go out and produce, but on the other hand it is literally a shit sandwich that does not need to be eaten.

So while I can see your point of view by putting it on the employee that they can leave. Which we all know we can leave, but when we have this amount of smoke blown up our ass only to meet and do everything that is asked than short changed, lied to, and all around treated like shit that part is not fair to the individual. We should not have to make those choices that could potentially hurt our families just because management and corporate are really bad at what THEY do.

Before you start blaming the victim how about you take some responsibility for the shit show you have been putting on.

THANKS