EXCELLENT Pharma Consultant

Discussion in 'Tricks of the Trade' started by Anonymous, Mar 29, 2007 at 2:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just wanted to let you know about an excellent consultant I have found!! For $350 she rewrote my resume...and I am amazed by how much better it looks and she also provided me with 2 hours of consultation. Since she was a rep and trainer with Merck for 5 years and has been a pharma recruiter for 8...I can't begin to tell you how many ideas she had...

Anyway, since then I have been contacted by Merck, Sanofi, Shire and a DME company too and I just can't say enough about her that is why I am posting on line here. She also gave me a lot of info on STAR format and gave me some specific interview questions asked in the industry today

Her name is Christine and she can be reached at pharmaresume@bellsouth.net.

As you can probably tel, I highly recommend her :)
    Happy Hunting
    Lisa Valdosta

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you get a job offer?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried to locate Christine but I did contact sari at sdn consulting.biz since I saw her name all over the boards. With so many references I thought I'd give it a shot and was surprised at the amount of information she has to teach when it comes to interviewing.
    Like you, I wanted to pass on the name to help her and others get jobs. It's tough out there, but with the right coaching, it's not that hard.
    In fact, I was hired by the first company I interviewed with after using her service. It's with contract sales, but it's a start.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, I know it’s tough out there and I’m still looking myself, but I’m enlisting the help of a resume and jobs coach who's specialty is pharma and biotech--20+ sales and recruiting experience. He's based out of San Diego and his name is Carlos Gonzalez.

For $249 this guy reviewed and improved my resume, then helped me develop a targeted, brief cover letter that should be tailored for each specific job opportunity.

He’s given me some ongoing help to ensure that my CV gets read by the hiring manager, not just HR at the target companies. He’s got some creative methods for this.

He’s even made cold-calls on my behalf to 4 manager’s names I asked him to reach out to.

When I DO get deep in the interview process, he’s going to continue helping me through the offer and negotiation process to get the best salary possible.

He said it’d be OK to post his name and e-mail.

He’s Carlos Gonzalez, FasTrack Clinical, Inc. - carlos@ftclinical.com

p.s. This guy is the real deal--not a slimeball like some recruiters out there behave!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this type of direct to consumer advertising work? Or are people put off by your lying to them?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

really credible spam, uh i mean posts

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So basically, if you are too stupid to write a resume, look like a pig and smell like a week old pile of vomit, I can pay one of you idiots $300 for nothing?

Pathetic, you guys get fired from pharma and have to resort to spamming an anonymous board.

Hope you like what you see in the mirror every morning.

8. I wouldn't be too hard on most folks.

The reality is that most people choose boring and unmotivating work with the hopes that the job remains stable. Most people either are not good at interviewing or do not like to interview. People like to land a job, complain, and stay there until they retire.

My supervisor is the same way. He looks unsatisfied and secretly complains about his boss and management to us. But he is not going to look for another job. He has been here 18 years and his wife doesn't work. He wears the same five pair of slacks and eight shirts. He thoinks he is "professional" but his clothes are often wrinkled, his hair is never combed, and his shoes look like they were run over a Mack truck.

Trust me, it is a good thing that these type of people can pay someone to tweak their image. $300 is a relative bargain for most these folks.