Executive Rep Pay Range, New Hire

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Jul 15, 2020 at 9:31 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Executive Rep hires, I’m interviewing and need to know a starting point. Prior experience 10 + years, including hospital work. What are you seeing? Thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which area and division?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Diabetes

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

West

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best of luck on getting a great offer. Oncology reps make about 120-160 , as a range. I am not sure what an executive rep is, but would assume they would be slightly under onc low end.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

95,000 to 105,000

Timothy O'Herron likes this.
  7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is totally true range. I was at 90 and got 105k so a decent raise, but they would not negotiate. I was hired in cardio division.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doesnt really matter very likely your position will be eliminated in Q4

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what ever amount you put on your application is the amount they will pay you; no negotiation (pretty smart actually).

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Above post is accurate whatever you posted as your salary- they won’t pay any more
    Lower tier salaries at BIPI in any primary care role
    Salaries are lower end of a specialty salary band at the coveted the IPF & no show Onc spectrum
    Hey if you get the job - one day your manager May buy you Chili’s for lunch on the company. Don’t order an appetizer or you will have to pay for it out of pocket
    Sorry the company is a little stingy

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True this company is very, very stingy. Be aware whatever base you get that is it forever. Yearly raises are 1-2%, 3% is considered very high. There is no jumping to next level. There is cost of living adjustments at BI, no merit increases. Work here if you want good vacation time and a reasonable work environment, not for the $.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally stingy. I have:
    1. A free car with no out of pocket, even on vacation.
    2. A pension (yes, I know, it changed, but at least I’m vested. And yes, I know that other companies have options that we miss out on, but they are just that - options to purchase. This is completely unfunded by me, and is well over 6 figures if I left today).
    3. A 401K that matches 100% of your contributions up to 5%.
    4. So much PTO I can take every Friday off over the summer and still have enough for a 2 week vacation.
    5. A higher base salary than the median income for most American families (Yes, I know probably lower than PFE or GENE).
    6. A bonus the past few years that has been higher than my base when I started here.

Totally stingy.

Most companies offer some form of those benefits, but not at the level and combination above. Sure, I could make more going elsewhere, but then I’ll just have to listen to a new set of whiners about the same issues. I know, I’m old as hell, and could be higher up somewhere else, but so what?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

most Importantly, you are employed and have income and benefits to support your family. Considering the state of the nation with pandemic issues and growing unemployment, having a job that pays well and provides some degree of security for your family is pretty damn good.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I took both a base and bonus cut when I came here. After the amazing way this company has handled the last several months, I don’t regret my decision for a second.

Range given earlier is accurate.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to work here. Got booted during the go to market strategy and was very thankful to wake up and stop with this mindset. I once thought as you. You’re lazy.

I now work in biotech. My salary is 160 and my target bonus is 60. And I have all of those things plus 100k in stock options.

You have a loser mindset. BI is completely mediocre at best.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will regret coming here by next year when the pandemic drags on, and business slows to a crawl at best. Layoffs will be here sooner than you might think. That’s one of the recurring themes here.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go look for that stupid story on LinkedIn that everyone keeps posting about one's perception of "being at the top". I make more than enough to let my spouse stay home, be comfortable, feed my kids, etc. It's not lazy - it's being content with your manager, coworkers and system. And my bonus attainment (not target) is higher than 60k.

Glad they cut all that dead weight during GTM.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You got whacked 8 years ago and you still troll the board? That defines a "loser mindset".

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right, so whats your point? Most pharma companies have car,pension, 401k match (some are better than BIs). What some other companies offer is numerous levels for reps (professional 1,2, executive,senior executive etc). Each level comes with a 7-10% raise. A friend of mine at another pharma company has had his base go up 50k in ten years.. The original poster wanted to know about base, they should know BI does not give merit or rep level raises. BTW ask HR what the salary bands are...they won't tell you because it's a big mystery. HR fought my DM over a .25 bump for yearly base.
    So at the end of the day what's the incentive to hustle at all? Do enough to keep your job and enjoy the PTO.