Exodus at CMF

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Apr 23, 2018 at 9:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, so if you hit quota they say ok, you get to make 130k, regardless of what your territory is actually doing in terms of sales going into that fiscal year. It is a way for them to have control over your compensation and for them to split big territories up where the rep was doing say, 300k, and give the two new reps each less than half that because instead of just splitting the original commission they can funnel some back to the corporate bottom line. I’ve seen as low as even 6%-8% under this plan because a new rep was given a sizeable base of business to manage but in management’s eyes wasn’t worth the 12% the previous rep was getting when he left. This has happened time and time again. Do you really want a company to dictate your pay as being worth half of what it used to be under someone else for the EXACT same territory? KLS has a pretty high base pay (variance from experience and area of course) and decent commission but nice bonus structure if you hit quota. Biomet, which seems to favor the distributor model, has high commission and nice bonus structure as well if you hit various quotas. Obviously if you work for a distributor their structure will vary. Synthes is kind of all over the place with big legacy reps still commanding decent pay, but mostly they are hybrid reps in non metro areas and still specialized in cities. Synthes has always been a place that placed less emphasis on the numbers; a bad turn of events or situation outside your control was never grounds for a PIP or scrutiny. For years plenty of mediocre reps made tons of cash just babysitting cases and wearing a Synthes name badge. J&J is changing that, Synthes CMF is a blip on the radar for them, hence no new truly innovative new stuff to come out in years.

Every company these days has variance and really no uniformity when it comes to compensation. The question you should ask yourself, since in reality CMF products are very similar across the market, is what company has the best pay structure AND future innovation. Stryker’s track record is not one to earn high marks in either category; restrictive pay model and distant 4th place when it comes to innovation in CMF. I’m sure the white knights will come running and proclaim how Stryker is the best, has the best, etc, but the truth is when compared to the other 3 players they are just another option with nothing incredible behind their brand name.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

stryker cmf is #1

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We just lost another good one.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

jesus, now who left?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lebron James

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet he never missed a leg day.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

isnt the true metal of a Stryker man not the leg days he puts in but the attention to detail he gives to the Tri’s and Bi’s??

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is the latest to leave? Which territory?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me DD me gonna PUMP you up!

Me just did 50 set presses with biomet tray!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone is upset that they are losing business to Biomet. How cute.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut your pie hole, go to the gym and do some squats chicken legs.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We know you love pie Big guy!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finally there’s something new to talk about.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard another top rep left for ZB

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’re any good in the CMF role, you owe it to yourself to try for a ZB opening in your geography. Stryker is junior varsity

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

leg days are for pussies. Chest and biceps all day everyday.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

suck on that one HC

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yeah!! TC has avoided trouble by throwing others under the bus. But remember all the ass he has had at meetings!! From marketing to sales associates. He’s avoided the firing squad at SYK just as well as he has avoided getting caught screwing around on his wife.
    It’s in his blood and can’t help it. He’s his own number one fan!
    ML on the other hand is a stand up guy all the way around.

QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6059390"]TC and ML respected and killing it?! that is absolutely priceless. both have files in HR with plenty of black marks. im sure one of them wrote that post of course. the only thing they are 'killing it' in is killing their chances of hitting quota. haters gonna hate. better get out and sell some vsp boys, youre going to need it. what a bunch of arrogant pricks at stryker. good luck with all your new hires! target quotas ensure a strong and satisfied sales force. sling some more mandible plates while you think your business is locked up. ask yourself- are you sure youre customers are really yours? better get back at it...[/QUOTE]

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who now.? I can’t take this place any more.