Expansion adding over 200 reps/ Budget cuts??? So what is it?

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by anonymous, Apr 27, 2017 at 9:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think its amazing that upper management is planning on hiring over 200 new reps then the next day MS sends out email has to how horrible the drug is doing and budget cuts? Was MS even in on the expansion conf call? Also, can someone please explain why you need to hire that many reps to sell a "me too" drug call on the same accounts? You supposedly hired very good reps why not give them the chance to get the drug up and running become more stable in arena then look to add. Yes certain territories could benefit from a split and add a rep but not to this extent. Has upper management learned NOTHING from the Pfizers and Mercks ?? More reps do NOT equate to more revenue!!! Duh why do you think they laid off all of those reps?
    Oh and least you seem to have forgotten the most important item, the ACCOUNTS/PROVIDERS. Seriously they do NOT relish seeing more than one person with the SAME drug! It is difficult enough to grab a spot of their attention. It will be just as you can imagine, a complete and total cluster F. I swear the ones making these decisions only care if what they say to Wall Street appeases Wall Street. Why don't you go back to the foundation company and FOCUS on the patient. While your at it if there's any money left in the budget please give MS as secretary to proof read his email rants doesn't look very impressive when the very drug he is ranting about is mis-spelled.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First of all MS was probably drunk and staring at himself naked in the mirror when he typed that rambling email so he was likely confused at the time.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock is up 9% since his point of panic.....Wall street could care less about commercial product portfolio, it really is about pipeline at this point. Viv and Aristada are just cherry on top to keep the lights on.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we are going to be sold. I'm thinking sale announced 9/1/17 and completed before year end.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ya they been saying we will be sold for 28 years!
    Jackass time to buy alks was after stock dropped- alks with 5461 approved and 3831 positive news throws purchase price to 4x what it could have been.
    Your an idiot- please post for a primary care job and stop wasting space

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't figure out why on earth in today's world we'd hire a 3rd party who knows NOTHING about us or our environment to determine we need 200+ reps. Please someone explain, companies did this in the 90's then realized all this did was tick providers off to the point offices were shut down to reps. then companies laid off over half of their sales forces. Come on people this isn't rocket science why can't you listen to your field? You claim to have hired us for our experience I can't find anyone in the field that feels that this is a good idea or is going to work. I give it 5 years then lay offs will happen just look around.... seriously what idiots 200 is just plain a BAD IDEA