Expecting So Many Regions to Get over 100 TRX per Territory!

Discussion in 'Collegium Pharmaceutical' started by anonymous, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is hilarious. Are you surprised?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sadly, I am. I was expecting that some one up there had a TRUE understanding of launching a product, the pain industry, and importance of managed care. If we were selling any other drug, I could see the overzealous approach. But we are in a HIGHLY regulated/scrutinized specialty. We need to take a compliant and ethical approach to launching this product. As my old drill sergeant use to say...... Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance. Oh and also, "you didn't really have a fun night unless it burns when peeing in the morning."

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just spewed water out! Now that is too funny! U r so right!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I(state your name)pledge allegiance to the frat..........with liberty and pharmaceuticals for all.

Your name is "Flounder".

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear that. I was involved in the launch of two products in the last 5 years where the expectations were unreasonable given the realities in the pain field. Management sees those big bucks and thinks they're selling a Lipitor. Then, if you try to speak to the realities, they dismiss you as a negative thinker and opt for the gung-ho, super-confident clueless.
    I guess the chickens are coming home to roost.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody wants to initiate these new, expensive, difficult to get through managed care abuse deterrent formulations. Until there is a really valid reason such as a mandate. Nor do they want to switch people already stable on OxyContin. Too many hassles....for what?? The path of least resistance is easier and time is money when it comes to THEIR business of seeing pain patients and trying to make money to feed their families and make their own house payment.
    You have a good drug but too many issues and obstacles in the pain market and if you aren't backed by good managed care you can shut the door and fugettaboutit!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True story bro. If you are realest in this business....you are classified as a negative loser. But it's always the realest that gets the last laugh in the end. Hopefully Collegium expected and planned for this and is just trying to squeeze every bit of effort from the reps but I get the feeling they are totally oblivious to how the pain market works.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some things never change...

The right message, the right doctor, the right number of times... However they repackage it.

Managers and upper-level managers who get promoted after 1 good year, and then think they could have continued that performance for EVERY year.

Koolaid-drinkers who believe the marketing hype as if it is like Moses from Mt. Ararat, when the guys in the trenches are dismissed as negative-thinking losers.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The world is changing. It's sad to see lame pharmaceutical management stuck somewhere in a 1990's mentality. So little creativity or innovation.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This launch is comical. Nobody at the top knew what they were doing and now we are hung out to dry. This happens more than you would expect. Somebody at the top hires a bunch of rejects and self serving jackasses to make decisions and supposedly lead and the foot soldiers end up paying the price. Good luck to all once the lights turn off for good on this debacle.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn't disagree more. Get over your big pharma mentality that you should have coverage on every managed care plan and just have to walk in the door of a office and leave literature, give a lame detail and sales will follow. The pain market is probably one of the most difficult areas to sell. Collegium hired reps with little to no pain experience and that is the biggest problem of all. This company has done a great job entering this market as a new startup and is hanging with the big boys in this market and succeeding. You are hung out to dry not because of management but because you don't know how to get these difficult to get prescriptions because you have never had to work this hard or do what it takes to generate one prescription, which is a ton of leg work. Bye! Leave! Go back to pods selling and getting signatures!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is Collegium succeeding again?
    Have you seen the numbers?
    Dummy?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know the guy who posted the above quote has about 5 RXs total right now right?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He probably brags about his sex life all the time too.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I interviewed for this and was not selected. I tried to explain the reality of the pain market to the hiring manager, who had no experience in pain. When I wrote my thank you note, I even gave him the contact info for local retail pharmacy groups to work that end of it. I doubt he ever used that information. He thought I was "negative" for laying out my comprehensive game plan that addressed the challenges. What do I know? i have only launched 14 products, 4 of them in the pain space.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest