Explain why Rotoprone sucks

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2007 at 8:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sir, for your families sake, I personally shall PRAY your son(in-law) does recover and if this bed is just ONE aspect to his recovery, then so be it. Bless you sir and your entire family.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a nurse and I have worked with rotoprone beds on several occasions. When working properly they can save lives. On the other hand I have had 2 patients in the past couple of months nearly code because of the beds malfunctioning. On both of them the o2 sats went to the 30's. There is a CPR manual release to place the pt supine in event of an emergency. Unfortunately that doesn't help for patients that desaturate whenever they are supine and need to be proned.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His life was saved by the use of this bed. The hospital had never used it before and the co. rep was present during the first three days. His condition had become a losing battle prior to the use of the bed. Although not on the co. website. there is an extremely valuable article on ICU nurse care of patients in the rotoprone bed. We are extremely grateful.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The positive outcome is reported below.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what happened

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes its true you can't perform CPR in the prone position. Thats not the bed's fault and if a patient's SpO2 is in the 30's when supine I would not classify that as a bed "malfunction".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how do you perform CPR in the prone position

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the new one has an auto CPR feature.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much can we charge for the new one?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10,000 per day

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Evidenced based practice - it works. I've seen many people improve RAPIDLY when put on it. Especially when they are treated aggressively and put on it at the first sign of ARDS. I would agree that it is labor intensive - but mostly just when putting patients on the bed or taking them off. I've taken care of a rotoprone patient and another patient without a problem. I don't see why everyone thinks they're so hard to take care of. Why wouldn't you want to do it if there is even a slight chance your patient will get better. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about rotoproning these 89 year old patients but I took care of a lot of sick young people with the swine flu who I know survived because of this bed. And don't give me that crappy.about "who are you God". What a terrible attitude. Get out of health care. It's simple science.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares about Rotoprone. The beds business for KCI sucks.
    More importantly KCI will be out of business now that they have set the stage for a massive law suit due to personal information being released of some 3000 employees.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3000????? You obviously have not seen the list, try 4100!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i care

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you all seem to forget what KCI was built on - Kinetic Therapy, the clue in in our Company name. Yes these beds are complicated, but so were Triadyne, Deltarest and the good old Rotarest. This one just got better but more complicated.... you US boys over-engineerd it from its original concept, but in an attempt to cover all the bases on the safety aspects. It left the UK at about 400 kgs and came back at a whopping 550 kgs - too big for the UK delivery vans! Nice one..... But one thing is for sure they all have helped save lives, and despite all the problems they may have had, everyone deserves the best chance to live, and we should be proud of the fact that we can at least offer something..... as far as turnaround time goes yes 3hrs at very best, but our worst was 4 days, and that was with no technical problems, just cleaning it..... as gravity takes fluids south as we all know, but when you have a bed that goes 360, it defies Einstein.....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an idiot! No such thing as a Rotarest or Deltarest, shut up jack ass.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG!!!!did you hear about what happened in Phoenix?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One incident does not define a product

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cold and flu season is on its way!!!!!Get ready for the madness

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how much do it cost