Explain why Rotoprone sucks

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2007 at 8:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Tom Parissi

Tom Parissi Guest

I do not know why I'm on this post except to learn both sides of the rotoprone 24. My 30 year old daughter with CP now has ards and has been in a medically induced coma for five days and is using this bed. Without it she probably would not be alive at this time and although we do not know her outcome, we can only state that the medical staff is doing everyhing they can. They have only used this bed once before with great results. They have not had any problems and the KCI technicians have been great.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad she did not die. You probably need a new doc and hospital if the bed is the reason she is alive. Your caregivers should be doing that

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are things going good with the rotorprone?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is first step select doing?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My dad had the flu last week. Ended up with double pneumonia, septic shock and his internal organs were shutting down. 2 days ago he couldn't breathe on his own without releasing the proper gases he was supposed to. They got him in the rotoprone and he is at least stablized right now. Prior to being in this contraption they did not expect him to make it. I give the nurses and Dr's who may no "Make enough to deal with this Sh**" as someone said earlier, my entire gratitude. Had it not been for this bed I would no longer have my dad. Every product has an issue. There is no such thing as perfection. Products are going to fail and not EVERYONE will have a positive outcome from this bed. However I am so very thankful that it exists.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not much change but better than rotorprone

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see a bunch of people who need to be bitch slapped.

My father just got out of his Rotoprone. As they were putting him in the bed, we got the "any friends and family who want to see him need to get here now" speech. He was in the bed for nearly two weeks, and he would be deceased today if not for this bed. Every single medical treatment available for any ailment has risks and rewards. This bed is no different.

Within hours of him getting in/on the bed, a KCI rep was there to answer any questions of staff or his family. Contact information was left behind with the instruction that we could call day or night, 24/7. So don't give me this line of BS that the reps don't care.

For the nursing staff- you get paid by the hour. STFU and do your job. If a life saving device such as this is too time consuming for you, maybe emergency and critical care medicine isn't for you. I'll tell you- he has had wonderful nurses who haven't bitched at all, and that's the difference- some of you are selfish and only thinking of your own wallet while some people are in this line of work to save lives.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they are still pretty cool and work most of the time

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are they still available in 3 models and are those models ever utilized

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RotoProne can do amazing things to people the real problem is the staff is to lazy to learn about the machine. The Rep needs to babysit the machine due to the laziness on the nurses. Kaiser is the worst of all the hospitals then the county facilities from there.

Charging the hospital $1295 a day whether or not they use the machine. The biggest issue is getting one that works properly and can be delivered by the service reps.

Its a good product but it sucks being on-call and inservicing medical staff 24/7 with no support.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Sir or Madame,
    The Rotoprone is a wonderful, life saving, under utilized therapy for ARDS as well as other severe pulm complications. I am a nurse, employed by KCI and have seen this bed absolutely turn things around for many patients. I am beyond embarassed and ashamed of the garbage posted on this site. I personally have not heard this type of vile language spewed by any of my team members so I dont know if this is coming from KCI reps or not. I do feel that the hospitals wait too long before they use the RP but that is not my call. To you and all of the other family members that stumble on this mess when you are simply looking for information on RP, I apologize. This is nothing more than a crack pot blog. Good luck to your daughter

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mostly just the regular one but our literature still has the other two so they must still exist

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they do and are solid performers

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, this may be a great life saving device for many many people. However, knowing how Corporate greed and R&D creating a monster with faulty parts and software to save a buck and get a product to market half baked, I can see how there can be some complaints. People are praising nurses that went the extra mile for their folks and calling others lazy. How do you know they haven't been going the extra miles for numerous dying patients and are running out of energy to have to deal with a faulty device while someone's life hangs on the edge.
    I worked for a well known company and our new product was put out with so many bugs they had to have daily meetings just to sort out the extensive list that was continually growing with each new user coming on board. I had to work with Hospital Personnel at all levels to get the hunk of crap to work. Yes it was an excellent product and the users loved it but when it failed it took so much work at both ends just to get it right. This is all while a patient may be alarming and the staff can do fine without the product, it has now become a giant paperwight and is in the way of Medical attention.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

give me a break!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what do you think the new owners will do with the RotorProne

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roast whole chickens

18. ON NOV 18,2010 I WENT IN TO THE ER FOR WHAT I THOUGHT WAS A SIMPLE COLD TWO WEEKS LATER MY MOM AND HUSBAND WAS TOLD I HAD H1N1 AND DOUBLE CASE OF PNEUMONIA I WAS IN A COMA AT THAT POINT I WAS ON A ROTOPRONE BED FOR 2 MONTHS I REALLY BELIEVE THIS BED IS WHAT SAVED MY LIFE.H1N1 IS NOTHING TO PLAY WITH I HAD TO LEARN HOW TO TALK AND WALK EAT USE MY HANDS ALL OVER AGAIN IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR THIS BED KEEPING ME FACEDOWN 18 HOURS OUT THE DAY I WOULDNT BE HERE TODAY SO YES I BELIEVE IN THESE BEDS I WAS 29 WHEN THIS HAPPEN THIS HAS BEEN A MAJOR LIFE CHANGE FOR ME AND I PRAY TO GOD EVERYDAY FOR THAT BECAUSE I REALLY BELIEVE THAT IT IS WHAT SAVED ME..

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the thing about Rotoprone - reps spend all their time trying to get a placement and their let the rest of the products go. This product is too labor intensive and the staff might use it in most hospital every once in a while. But the money is good if you get it placed. I made more money pushing all product lines making my numbers. But watch out for a district manager who knows nothing on what we do in the rental market like mine is currently - she pushes service and pisses everyone off - stay away from the East Coast of KCI surface. Everyone is looking for another job.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it amazing how no patients or their families come to any other thread on any other CP site to comment on the value of a product except this one and they do it over and over