Expose GSK

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 25, 2018 at 6:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was very disappointed in the lack of professionalism shown before me on the town hall meeting. Nucala earned in sales 167 million with 78 percent sales growth year over year growth!!!!. Yet given with the under tone of disapointment almost what else can we do as if we do not put our patients first! How can the reps grow 78 percent over last year and not be celebrated for our efforts and given the commission deserved by our efforts. Because of poor leadership setting the goals incorrectly not considering the launch of our competitors and lack of our expanded indication. the reps are frustrated and the moral is down even more now seeing the giggles of our leaders and lack of respect to us for our efforts and mostly the fact that our commission sucks. 167 million and they pay out nothing. The leadership get their options and high salary. We are the face of GSK. We get platitudes spoken to us and disrespect for our efforts and less than sub par commission. IC pay less than the cost of a vial of nucala.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK could and still can be a great company. The problem is leadership, or lack of it. Yes, Emma has revamped her executive team, however, how many RSDs have been replaced? How many TSMs? Sure, there was a downsizing but the low level management team still has the same people with the same horrible culture infused. The company treats their sales force like adolescent children and uses sales people as scapegoats. Can anyone tell me the last time "leadership" took ownership for anything? Anytime sales goals underachieve who are the ones coming up with a Plan of Action? Never once has leadership changed how they behave. Sales goals continue to rise at unrealistic rates. The company just cut over 650 jobs in the U.S. That is close to 100 million a year in savings from salary, bonus, and benefits. So with less people they expect incremental sales? Sure, that makes a ton of sense. Our share languishes under $40. Hasn't budged in over 10 years. This company needs new leadership. People who actually understand sales and what it takes to actually do this job. Believe me, you have many..MANY, reps who know how to get the job done. Problem is that they are too busy doing that new dance..COCO. Have I convinced you?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK is doomed. Honestly I think their goal is to get people to leave so they don’t have to pay for more packages. Screw people with bonus and make them do idiot things like Coco. Writing is on the wall. Enjoy your last year maybe two.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is Coco?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said!! Culture is driven from the top. GSK Leadership at the top needs to be shaken up. They need to make things right! Pay your reps what they earned the company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think its like write-right, but with more stupidity.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

COCO is the thing everybody has to say they are doing, but nobody is!! Lol!! “smoke in mirrors” is GSK sales model. Just like the bonus structure or lack of

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hold on folks. There is another wave coming. GSK will sell the respiratory division within the next two years. They want to accomplish this by 2020. Remember, leadership at this company lies as easy as you breath. The market analysts speak the truth. Pay close attention over the next several months.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMAO!! Were any of you on the town hall today? They said they want to modernize our corporate culture. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...hold on...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...WHEWW. How many times has the company said this? What an f-ing joke! If you want to change the culture..DO IT ALREADY!!! In the field they have made field contacts a priority. In the last month and half of the year, they actually believe that a TSM will have a positive impact on sales. Anyone with at least half a working brain cell knows that this tactic will be the final straw for most reps and deliver the exact opposite of what they expect to achieve. Even worse, this negative micro managing maneuver will have a negative carry-over effect into next year. And thus, the continuation of our negative corporate culture. Jack, please get your ego in check. I know your paycheck says you are good, but that;s just white entitlement good ole boy crap. Trust me, Im a white good ole boy. Frankly, I could care less about race, gender, religion or sexual orientation. I just want leaders who actually know what the hell their doing. I know, let's COCO!!! What a complete joke!!!Change leaders and you will change the culture. We peons have tried but get shot down anytime we challenge many of the retarded ideas you come up with.. COTs? Testing without sharing results? COCO? What the hell was the last sale model where we had to ask a crap load of questions to the docs and never share any features and benefits? And you wonder why the culture is the way it is? So like I said earlier..LMAO!!!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just had a flashback to mastering customer engagement. Doctor, how important is improving lung function for your copd patients? WELL, I’ve got the drug for you! What a stupid company

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

coming to the end! Wont be reps in 5 years, maybe won't be a GSK once they are acquired too. If your at GSK you should be looking for something else.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the last post. Sounds like you were let go recently. Very sorry to hear that. These days 5 years is an eternity with ANY company. So don't fool yourself. After you get your next pharma gig, you may find yourself on the breadline sooner than later. Just giving you the facts. As for the culture at GSK, the filed has been beaten & battered for the last ten years. To all leaders, give your reps the gift of autonomy this christmas. You have literally ridden us to exhaustion. Field rides with TSMs, RSDs and STEM. Before that we had Sales Excellence Coaches. What a colossal disaster! Listen Jack & Cheryl, you have talented people in the field. Many with years and years of experience, work ethic and knowledge. Let the reps do what they know how to do and get off our backs! Start by looking yourselves in the mirror. You guys need to own a lot if not all of why we are where we are. The reps are not the problem. Have I convinced you?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No I left on my own a few years back. Saw the writing on the wall, got a way better gig these days. anyways it seems you are delusional. The company is clearly trying to make itself an attractive acquisition for someone else. No more the days of GSK can hit 80% of doctors within 4 weeks, partner your drugs with our sales army like back in early 2000. Nope GSK is a buyout waiting to happen now mismanagement has run its course with this horrible company. As for Drug repping, It is over and has been over for years. The company is going to whip you into submission. You are delusional if you think they'll lighten up now! Time to double down if your the boss. Just wait!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the last post. LMAO!!!! You left on your own for a better gig? Gimme a break! The only one your are fooling is yourself! You are correct, the days of "reppin" as you put it have changed. But the job is still here, at GSK, Lilly, Pfizer, AZ, BMS, Gillead, Amgen...Should I continue? Since you are so wise and are looking out for our benefit would you mind sharing the name of the company you work for? Might you include you name so I may contact you and possibly use you as a reference as I may be looking for a "better gig". My friend, I will say it again, I am sorry you were laid off. I truly am. I hope never to go through what you have. If I am unfortunate and I am let go I can promise you one thing, I will never go on an anonymous board and bash the organization I choose to work for. But, if you have the name of that "better gig", please share. LMAO!!!!!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well Said!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They just want you to leave without a package, wait them out. They will offer.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So here we are at then end of the year, a very challenging year. We've pushed ourselves, ridden with our TSMs (numerous times), and have had to deal with the scare of being laid off (again). We have certified on product exams, traveled to regional and national meetings leaving family behind while spouses pick up the slack around the house. We have had to indulge management by executing yet another sales model called the coco. (believe me, in a year we will have a different sales model and of course it will be pitched as the best thing ever). Based on the last town hall with JB, we had a very good quarter (again). Yet, we still cant seem to make our targeted bonus (again). In the spirit of transparency, I would enjoy knowing if Jack, Cheryl, Court and Debbie made their respective targeted bonus? Just curious. The holidays are coming and it would be a great comparison to see the gifts under Jack and Cheryls xmas tree vs the avg rep. The face of the company and after taxes we will take home under 1K. Thanks Jack! So with all of this, TSMs, RSDs and now SVPs want to ride in the field with us. Are you kidding me? They say they want to be on the "frontline" and that they want to impact the sales process. All these people do is get in the way! They stress their people out and worse, add NO value! Things may not change, but I will continue to call this system and these individuals out here on Cafe Pharma. Our speak up culture is a joke! If you want the truth, come up with a way to have employees give anonymous feedback. But you are all cowards and are unable and unwilling to truly change this toxic culture. So from one invested employee to another, please...PLEASE, stop riding with your sales reps so damn much! You kill the spirit of your sales team and subsequently demotivate and un-inspire! I am a Trelegy representative and I will be working with my TSM for the sixth time this semester! That's every month! And I'm not the only one. If management really wants to make a difference, pick up a bag and start calling on customers yourself! See what you can do? Bottom line, reps are tired of carrying the weight of management on their backs. Get out of our way, off our backs and let us sell! Ahhhh, so nice to dream...Happy holidays to Jack, Cheryl and Debbie! Enjoy sharing your bonus with your families this season..courtesy of the sales force and in-spite of you and coco.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have to remember that the company will always get it right - for them - vs. the sales force. They don't have the ability to evaluate reps properly on merit, just look at the past 8 years, a complete disgraceful disaster. After all the examples we have seen how can anybody expect anything different?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I would love to see what Jack and Cheryl leave under the tree for their children compared to what a sales rep who is the primary bread winner in their respective families looks like. Jack. Cheryl. What have you really done to get a customer to prescribe one of our products? If you say "leadership" you are insane! On behalf of the sales force, YOU'RE WELCOME!!! The bonus check your reps will receive after taxes buys almost nothing. Just in case you cared. There is a book by Charles Dickens you should read. #Ebenezer Scrooge.