Exubera Production

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So that's what folks from indiana do. Argue with their kids and wrestle with their sisters. That's probably where the kids came from in the first place. Move to iowa. Then the average IQ of both states will improve.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

enough bickering.....does anyone have any REAL updates on the Terre Haute facility? Are they still building, bringing in personnel, producing...or is all quiet before some massive downsizing?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Real update:

Construction on the administrative building is still underway. Project to complete sometime in 08. Additional lines are still being assembled. Present lines are being upgraded / further automated. Newest launch is underway for Norway / Netherlands. Haven't seen the latest figures on weekly scripts but have heard that increase has flattened out. Figures are second party info so take with a grain of salt. So far, word is that production will remain at current levels. Gen 2 is still under development. I understand that clinical lots on gen 2 will be resuming in the near future. Numerous projects are underway for efficiency gains. Lights were still on this morning and my badge worked on the gates so I guess we're still running...er crawling....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear ignorant hick. Move to the food is a part of a Sam Kennison routine about famine in Africa. The essence of the comment is, if you can't make a living in your current geography, then "move to the food". I guess you proved my point. You can go back to your farm animals and your wife and cousin(trick statement, we know they are the same person).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You spelled Sam Kenison wrong, the name only has one N.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on which Sam Kennison you mean. If it's the commedian Sam Kennison, then the spelling is correct. If it's your pet swine that you like to screw, well you can spell old porkie any way you want.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's 1244/1247 doing? Is 1243 still being renovated or is it producing?

BTW, I'm pretty sure the site is doomed. Basically Pfizer appears to be "completing" thier investment (Due to government monies they got) so they can write the whole damn thing off as a loss.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1247 is idle and it has been said that there is no intention to return to production.

1244 is running 1 shift monday through friday but they too are supposedly scheduled to go idle in the near future.

I haven't heard any news on 1243 for a while. supposedly there was a chance of some other product or something going in but seems like all the talk has ended on that.

1238 is used for clinicals and I have heard they are idle till ?

the expansion on 1250 seems to be at a stand still also. I never hear of any work being done on that side. You can't see into it because there are garage type doors seperating one side of the building from the other and they are solid doors, no windows.

I think it is pretty clear that the site is shutting down. construction on admin building continues but it doesn't seem like anyone cares.This week, management told everyone that they had to submit their vacation requests for the rest of the year before the end of next rotation and they said that any unused time will be voided and not paid out.

Pretty much everyone with half a brain is submitting resumes where ever they can. There haven't been any major players leaving yet but I bet they are getting their bids in.

I had to run to my local pharmacy today to pick up some stuff and asked the pharmacy techs if they had anyone using Exubera and one of them told me they have three starter kits in a box in the back that have been there for 6 months.

I think it is safe to say that Terre Haute is not going to recover and will be shut down by the end of 2008 if it takes them that long.

As the other poster's comment stated, they are completing projects because they have to. not because its needed.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indiana? Isn't that the place where in-breeders by the thousands go to watch red-necks drive their cars around in circles? Between races here's what you can do. Save up your milk and eggs money, go down to sears and buy a washer with a window on the door. Should keep you farm types entertained for years.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems to me we have a hateful Lilly rep reading and quoting on the Pfizer board. Trust me...Lilly isn't any better. You too have your problems. Number one would be you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The slam fest is getting old. Go screw with someone else that gives a rats ass. This will be my only post in reply to your infant rants. GROW UP ASSHOLE!!! You continue to try to get a rise out of everyone and I ask anyone else posting comments on this topic to ignore any comments by this ASSHOLE!. I realize that this post will only gain one more useless comment from this ASSHOLE but if we ignore any more posts not pertaining to real information, he/she might get bored and move on to get his / her kicks elsewhere. Or maybe he/she will be a grade-A ASSHOLE and keep posting crap in hopes that someone will feed into it again. What ever trips your trigger ASSHOLE, though it is probably not possible for you, try to refrain from replying to this.!
    Off my soap box, back to our currently scheduled program....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get ready Terre Haute its not looking good...........

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oct. 18th should be a very telling day. 3Q results should mention exubera sales again.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So the 3rd Q results will determine what happens there....?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If sales haven't shown a significant enough upswing, then yeah I think the 3Q and 4Q results will drive the final decision with the site. A business can only invest so much before it finally has to write off a loss. Right now, they have a minimum of 3 billion invested in Exubera and have nothing in return in 2 years of sales. Doesn't make sense for the business to hold on to it if it doesn't change drastically. Of course, Pfizer hasn't proven to be the smartest company in the world at times so they may keep at it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't they produce something else there? Or is this site pretty much on the chopping block?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know that Pfizer has a drug ready for the site to produce. Most inhaled products they are working on are years away from fruition (if they ever get there). We'll see though.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like Indiana may have dodged the bullet for the last time......What happns to the New York & Michigan personnel?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your posts have been good. More informed and more reasoned than most others I have seen on the subject. Here comes the however, however!

Pfizer does not own the inhaled technology IP, this is owned by Nektar. Pfizer have simply FUNDED most of the work. They have had plenty of opportunity to buy out Nektar (who also own the pegylation technology that can transform Camptosar - Nektar peg102 has just successfully completed phase 1) but so far have not made any move.

Until they express a greater interest in Nektar then any plant relying on just Exubera is in a threatened position.

I do believe though that the continued negative sentiment surrounding Exubera will gradually lift.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Email just came out stopping Exubera production and promotion moving patients to other products!