Exubera Production

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually want to beleive what you are saying but it seems like an awfull risk to wait to find new employment until the official axe falls and 600 people are looking for work. Seeing how Pfizer handled this matter, I find it very easy to believe that they are wanting to crook us out of a package. Corporate HR told everyone that if the site was closed, all employees will fall under ATS and be given 13 weeks vacation + 3 weeks for each year of service. They say this applies to all even if they have been employed less than a year. I am a firm believer in the rule it ain't real till its in writting and them blowing smoke up our asses seems befitting of this company right now.
    The only spot of your logic that's challenged in my mind is FF told everyone that all unused vacation time is being held and we will be paid out at the years end for any time we still had coming. The only bitch in the topic was that our P days and United way days money are scrubbed.
    I am still trying to make up my mind what way to go. I really wish I had some facts to work with but at this point I sincerely believe Pfizer can't provide facts because they have become a company that leads by fiction.

I can easilly see Jeffrey and his gaggle setting in a conference room working tirelessly on how to Pfuck us over a little harder.

Thanks for the thought to ponder.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry I dumb keyed part of that post....

13 weeks pay + 3 weeks for each year of service. not 13 weeks vacation.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep in mind only 400 are going to be let go. They plan on keeping 200 people.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To anyone from the site, my prayers are with you. I'm not holding my breath, so the first good opportunity that comes along...I'm gone.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since they don't go by seniority how do they determine who they keep? Skill, education, who you know....?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you've been at Pfizer any length of time at all... It will be a popularity contest.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sooo...does anyone know what the intentions are for the Terre Haute site?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's going to be closed down by the end of 2008 at the latest.
    Why would anyone have to ask?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually Pablo Escobar Jr. will be taking over
    with Tony Montana Jr. running point.

10. Why would our inhaled insulin be successful in the market? Lilly has a much smaller device (about the size of a white board marker), but reimbursement is the issue. The customer does not want to pay for convenience. They want it reimbursed. That was the issue for Pfizer. Lilly did not pursue the inhaled market to solidify leadership in the insulin business, it entered out of Pfear.

Despite what the device strategy teams tell you, the Lilly strategy is to be a Fast Follower with device technology, not an Innovator/Leader. This is a viable strategy, but what happens when the leader (Pfizer) stumbles? The next in line takes all the risk of developing the market for this technology. Is Lilly up to doing this? I think not.

Lilly US used to have 80% SOM in insulin. It is now <50%. Lilly got lazy in the US and did not innovate. It is a real shame because just a few short years ago Lilly could have implemented many innovations in this market to reap loads of value. However, the current leadership chose not to pursue innovation or even the construction of a new plant to meet demand. The result is that competitors are eroding share every day through innovation, aggressive pricing, and satisfying customer needs better. Unfortunately, Lilly superiority in the US insulin market is gone forever because the current leadership of the Lilly insulin business does not have the will to truly innovate

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure you were a quality employee!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that most of the yahoos are gone,(mostly the ones posting on this site negatively) maybe things will look up.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It a be in the middle of Nov. before anyone knows anything at the Vigo plant.
    A 5 year package will only help a small group. 20 people, give or take a few. A 5 and 5 package would benefit the plant more. That would help get 100 or so out the door. I'm sure they are checking into legal advice on how to handle this without a law suit. To our understanding, while on paid leave, we will lose the 3 weeks, plus the 13 weeks if we go out and get a job. At that time we would have to let Pfizer know that we no longer work for them. Lose everything that we've worked for. As of today, no one knows the next move. Warehouse is still working, service operators are still working, pest control operators are working, and don't know if untilities have anyone working or not. Production is down. Trying to injoy the time off with pay. Good luck at Vigo

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If by quality you mean, smart, hard working and a quality conscience, with a lot of insider information? Then yes, I was a quality employee.

I was not a good fit for the Terre Haute site...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably over qualified huh?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think Pfizer can tell you to stay jobless or else. Maybe a nice scare tactic that may sway some. What's the difference if you hold two jobs while employeed with the big blue bobble? I know people at that site that were running on 3 jobs to make ends meet (not saying they were paid bad, they jumped into the 300,000 dollar house and a shinny new suv for mom and the kids)
    I hold a part time job along with my full time. Pfizer is one Pfucked up place man!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When did you hear all this info???
    Whats the 5 and 5?
    I work out there and haven't heard any of this yet???????
    I heard the part about no job or your out but none of the rest. Did this info just surface today?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't say they were talking about the 5 and 5. I said thats what they need to get and take care of some of the older employees. So you must be fairly new at Pfizer. A 5 and 5 is years of service and 5 years to your age to get you over the hump for full retirement. They've done this two times in the last 30yrs that I know of. At Vigo. But the stock was alot better then.
    Again no new news. What was said yesterday was Pfizer is waiting on Nektar to see if they were going to take legal action or not. Then decide on Terre Haute site. Could take awhile.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, this was a stop the bleeding decision and then decide where to go from there. I don't look for a decision to be made anytime soon. I'm expecting some job loss will happen, but who knows how much and when. So either make the choice to hang out and see what happens or give up the chance at a severance and take a job somewhere else, which ever fits your situation best...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the reply! Yes I am fairly new been with Pfizer since 2004.
    I do remember hearing a few guys talking about getting packages about two years ago but never heard what it consisted of. Thanks for explaining that one.

I have heard it rumored that it will be later in Nov before any decisions will be made but I didn't hear why. Everyone seems to think this is going to drag out a while. Wonder what legal actions from Nektar could meen for us?

Thanks again for clarifying your post.