Facial Aesthetics Base Salary?

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Jun 10, 2013 at 8:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For heavens sake! Can everyone just grow up!

Base pay in the aesthetic sales division is low. The base between 80-84k. They will occasionally go up to 85k if they feel they have an exceptional candidate. THATS IT. NO MORE. THATS THE DEAL AND THERE IS ZERO NEGOTIATING REGARDLESS WHAT YOUR CURRENT PAY IS.

This division's pay was always built on the same premise as device reps. A low base with a higher bonus. With Pfizer now in control, those bonuses will be dramatically cut. Pfizer has never and will never pay that type of bonus. So this method of pay will be phased out. The problem aesthetic reps will have is they will have no barge in power when it comes to any future jobs as their base pay is so low. For many who have invested only a handful of years in this division, this will have proven to be a large career mistake. Rule #1, never compromise and give up your base. It will take year and years to recover what you had. Bonus is never a guarantee. Not ever.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i call BS. I got 92

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YOURE A COMPLETE LIAR. NO ONE IN THE DIVISION WAS ANYWHERE HIGHER THAN 86k. YOU JUST CALLED YOURSELF OUT, YOU MORON.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally agree. There isn't a single rep that ever been offered higher than 86k.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i just got 105 from Galderma.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was cracking a suave $225, ex Stryker rep! Easy job selling injections to superficial personality types!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumor that Pfizer is interested in purchasing Aesthetics? Anyone else hear this or is it a BS rumor? I think there is a meeting going down this coming week

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard the same rumor!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks so much for your well input. This sounds very realistic. I've had 2 recruiters the past recent months contact me for an interview but i never went to the interviews. I'm in small pharma with dispensing products and make mid $85k base most likely get a raise this year to bump me up to $90K, total pay with commission about $110k but very low stress.

I prefer to have an ok base since companies tend to change bonuses however they want and plus where i am I don't have much stress as other previous companies so i'm pretty happy where i am. Also if you're laid off in pharma unemployment doesn't consider your bonus pay, only base pay. Sad I have to bring that up as I've been laid off once but it's just the nature of being in pharma.

I've happily given up an additional $20k+/yr in commission for no stress/good health working environment. If you consider tax with the additional $20k+, it's not worth the stress some companies and District Managers place on reps. For those who are younger in their 20's it could be worth a shot, but once you reach 30's that $hit will take your life and happiness away from you. I prefer to not have to work outside of normal work hours, it's just too much and it's not worth it for an additional few more thousands, maybe even that.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would have to agree on the spouse to be the breadwinner. Can you elaborate on your comment of 'not want this as your primary income'? What else can reps do to make more money when most aesthetic reps work 50-60 hours a week already with this one position? Would love to add a side gig that didn't require as much hours as an aesthetic rep.