Fall car order???

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Aug 29, 2018 at 9:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably sometime in September. Several months.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I ordered the Toyota Camry and it took 3-4 months. I did look at the Rav 4 and felt it was small and boxy. Considering I didn’t have a lot of options I went with the car. The car rides nice, its not big but is comfortable.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hey here is something to make you feel better!! I have over 100,000 on my car. So there’s your answer

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last time I got my car, I ordered it in sept and got it in mid Jan.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me too

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ordered mine last week of August and picked it up mid December, last year's cycle

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ needs to step it up from a fleet standpoint. There are a lot of good things about the company and I like it here but I've never seen such cheap and stripped down car options at any pharma company.

Many reps spend a lot of time in their cars putting a lot of miles on the road each year. For many, it is basically an office and office chair. Is it too much to ask that basic safety and ergonomic type comfort features be included in all fleet cars? Why would any fleet option not have automatic head/tail lights (a basic safety feature in most cars for 5-10 years now)? How about uncomfortable drivers seats with hard, stripped down materials lacking lumbar, etc support options?

Some will say this is just complaining but these type of things really should be standard features on fleet cars at any company. Also, driving cars for 85-100k miles is beyond anything you'll see at other industry companies and can increase the risk of vehicle problems and safety issues as well.

It is nice AZ fleet wants to be environmentally conscious and their choice of fleet cars now reflect that. However, that needs to be balanced with conscientiousness regarding field employee safety and comfort as well.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to that!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I completely agree. I know a lot of reps who ordered the rav4. When I saw what model they received I was shocked it was such a low end version. The Malibu hybrid I have now has way more options including parking sensors, remote start, power seats with lumbar support, push button start with smart key, auto headlights and high beams. This is also a 2018 model since I ordered it almost two years ago.

What’s sad is reps at other companies like GSK and allergan which we are now beating in market cap wise have some of the nicest cars and they are the top of the line like ford escapes and chevy equinox and traverse.

Sometimes I wonder why AZ is so cheap. Over the 5 years I’ve been here they have been slowly cutting the perks we used to have.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what were the options this order cycle?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i have well over 100 thousand on my car

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and 90,000 of the miles are from running to the gay bar and men’s bath house and Aids clinic.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

F
    I never really thought about it, but you are right. An older car could pose more safety issues. Those safety issues could lead to a life insurance claim while working. That might be of more interest since holding on to their profits (our sales performance) is of such importance.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am closing in on 110,000 miles

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On my bicycle.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m also closing in on 110,000 blo jobs on my gay man lover. Let’s discuss on political board:cool:

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A Ford Escape, top of the line??? Are you kidding me? That is a piece of crap. Get in an accident in that thing and you will be Found On Road Dead - FORD.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any news on car choices?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ordering cycle was delayed. We should receive an email once our company sends over the selection to fleet.