Fetzima sucks. Me too maybe, maybe not. You decide...

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doc: why should I prescribe FZ over other SNRIs?
    Us: we are more selective to NE than serotonin
    Doc: oh, so y'all are more selective to NE than other SNRIs?
    Us: I can't legally say that for sure
    Doc: let's say FZ is more selective to NE than the other SNRIs. Does that mean it is more efficacious or has any benefit in any way?
    Us: the truth is no. It doesn't mean anything. Our own MVA says we don't know if the MOA has any clinically meaningful benefit.
    Doc: OK, well does FZ has an advantage in any category like side effects, drug interactions, etc.?
    Us: No. We don't know if FZ might have any advantage in any way because we don't have any head to head studies to prove any type of superiority in any category whatsoever.
    Doc: So I could even assume that all the other SNRIs have an advantage in every category over Fetzima?
    Us: I would have no compliant way to prove you wrong.
    Doc: Well, how do you compare in formulary coverage to all the other SNRIs?
    Us: Well, FZ is new so the coverage isn't great. At the very absolute best, you'll get tier 3 on some commercial plans. So overall any other SNRI will have better formulary coverage as a whole and you will find them to cost the patient less money on most occasions.
    Doc: thanks for stopping by. Maybe the Psychs will prescribe it to the patients that have failed everything else.
    Us: alrighty, see you in 4 weeks. My counterparts will be by each and every week until I return though. Let me know if you have any questions. Oh & my manager says I have to put this FZ sample in your hand and ask if you'll use it on your next SNRI patient.
    Doc : No. And never try to do that again, that's extremely tacky. You aren't doing door to door sales. This is a professional, relationship sale. Treat me like a person who is a professional.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lmao!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! It's funny cause it's true!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't carry it but man have I seen some awful details. And much like above post depicts, not much of a leg to stand on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMFG this is spot on

you did forget one other line that management likes

is it indicated for fibro?

No, but doc let me ask you this, what is it about other snri's that you think treats fibro,? is it the norepinephrine? Because this Has norepinephrine too.

So I can use it for fibro?

I'm not saying that. but since you see the flexible dosing would you start your next 10 patients and pray that one of them will want to pay $100 instead of 15?

ok great hold this sample

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BWWAAHHAAHHA!!!!!! This is hilarious. Mostly because of how much truth is in it. This is really our selling points.

Now time to go back and hold this doctor accountable!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonderful thread.

Dr: How's the coverage? Cash cost

Rep: Well, it's new so not so great...cash cost around 235....

Dr: Oh, and you said it is in the milnacipran family, right? It's cleaner? So it's indicated for more than just depression?

Rep: Uh no..we still have Savella for pain and fibro. But hey! Let me show the Sheehan Disability Scale!

Dr: SDS? Never heard of it. Anyways, good luck with that. Cymbalta is now generic, has multiple indications and Pristique has better coverage and multiple indications...anyways where am I supposed to use this?

Rep: Well, it's 2:1! So you use it on that Nor-epinephrine patient, of course!

Dr: What's a Nor-epinephrine patient? I just SNRI's for SSRI failures...

Rep: Oh, in that case, use it second line if Viibryd fails!

Dr: Viibryd? I don't use that often or at all, generics first and mostly. Hell, I still use Lexapro...say, weren't you the same guy in here a few years back telling my Lexapro was the best SSRI ever and I shouldn't use anything else?

Rep: Oh, uh. then start using Viibrd for your serotonin patient! Working serotonin in two different ways! Of course! Then if that fails move to Fetzima! Of course! It's for your nor-ep patient!

Dr:Serotonin patient? What are you talking about? And I'm not going to use VB first line or 2nd line...too expense. And Cymbalta is now generic.

Rep: (Begin Robot Mode)Wonderful doctor! Well, I will leave you with enough samples for 10 pts. Sound good? My counterparts will be back to check in and hold you accountable and ask the same questions and read off the same MVA. Can you GIVE me your next 10 pts?

Dr: No. Why would I GIVE you anything? What make you think you are entitled to anything in this office, let alone actual patients?

Rep: Right, great. Ok. Hold all these samples, Dr. Taste it, chew on it, smell it, have it rattle around in your pocket!

Dr:Just put it in the sample closet

Rep: Oh, here is a piece of paper, I need you to write down Fetzima.

Dr: What? Why? This is pointless.

Rep: Ok sing it with me.... F...E..T

Dr: Get out of my office.

Rep: Sounds great, Dr. I can't wait to check back in and see all those great results! Oh and those guys and girls that sold your family those Verizon phones a month or two back? Yeah, they work for us now.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm laughing so hard at these posts that I spit my coffee on my keyboard. This is one of the funniest posts I've read in a while. Maybe it's because I sell Fetzima and understand the reality of our selling points.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Us: Doctor, (awkward marketing pause), I was just talking to Nurse Nancy about all of your depressed patients...

Doc: Don't talk to my staff. They are there to support what I do. They don't have any bearing on what I prescribe, so leave them alone.

Us: Well, I disagree Doctor. After a long conversation about identifying depressed patients who are not doing well on their current antidepressant, Nurse Nancy said she would LOVE to help us out by flagging those patient charts, then attaching a Fetzima voucher to the chart for you.

Doc: What the hell are you talking about? We are on EMR. How is she going to attach vouchers to an electronic chart?

Us: But Doctor, the last time I was in here, you said you would start 10 patients on Fetzima. When I looked in the sample closet, none of the Fetzima samples or vouchers had been touched. Nancy is just helping me hold you accountable to what you said you would do. Holding you accountable is what my DM said I'm supposed to do.

Doc: Why don't you and your DM go F yourselves.

Us: Why does everyone keep saying that to me? Even the pharmacist at Rite Aid told me that today during my 7:00 a.m. pharmacy call. He only had 6 people in line trying to fill their prescriptions before work. They can wait. I'm trying to provide a service by helping patients. Will you at least take these dust-covered samples and hold them while I try to transition to Bystolic?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha wow.

Great drug but this is reality. Anyone else?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope dms read this so they realize how DUMB this is.

Every DM work with is just a big show of fake conversations. The docs know our jobs and how the DM rides go so they humor the little skit so we get a good job from DM.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a time so stressful this was worth reading on cafepharma. Absolutely hilarious

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously don't know how to sell anthing. Time to find a new career.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never had a doctor say that to me once in 7 years. It's all in the way you carry yourself, not what you say. Again, the OP obviously can't sell.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"It's all in the way you carry yourself, not what you say."

Hmmmmmm...I would NOT bet on you having any sales skills. Another typical idiot at this company.

Walks in cocky and confident with head held high...and then says: "Dr...Fetzima sucks but you'll write it because I carry myself well."

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Settle down, Francis. This is satire that is sadly soaked in the truth.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most every sensible, realistic rep & DM that knows the market saw this coming. It will do OK in territories that have a lot of high volume Pshychs. Just because they may not have anything else to prescribe. I really wonder how bad they will let this flop around & for how long?

It reminds me some what of Combunox. Not exactly like Combunox but some similarities.

Now befor anyone claims they got a decent amount of scripts with Combunox, don't forget that that was before a lot of cheaters got busted with fake scripts. Remember the ones who would get a doc to prescribe one of our drugs for them & all their family members. They would get a quantity of 1, thn get several refills and hit their goals without hardly getting any legit scripts written. All their teammates would be in on it too using their families as well. So they would have fake & inflated numbers.

Anyway, thus drug was doomed before it got started. There not one compelling scientific reason to use it over something else.

Heck, even the Star-D study says it doesn't matter if you use an SSRI or SNRI, they all have the same effectiveness. And it doesn't matter which order. We just have the most expensive one for the patient to use

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, what the hell is a "pshych"?

Second, what the hell are you talking about?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shhhhh. Don't tell them that for years every rep and dM was inflating their numbers and bonuses with fake rxes. They would never believe it any way . HR and compliance are way to smart to ever let that happen. Next thing you're gonna post is, people put fake expenses on their expense report and put in fake calls. Breaking news at 11

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another typical boring, unmemorable rep who struggles with the fact he can't sell and has no influence on a doc's prescribing habits so he blames it on the drug and managed care. *yawn*...thanks for my $10,000 B&C checks loser.