Fetzima sucks. Me too maybe, maybe not. You decide...

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no reason a doctor should prescribe Fetzima as a first line antidepressant. Start with a generic SSRI and see how the patient does. If they fail, maybe even try another generic SSRI. But if they want to go to an SNRI, why not Fetzima? Cymbalta might be generic, but it's still expensive and has no samples. Unless you're prescribing Effexor at 225 or higher, it has negligible norepinephrine effect. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if a doctor wants to prescribe a SNRI for the norepinephrine effect, he/she probably won't be disappointed in the results their patients get from Fetzima. If I was a doc, I would try 1-2 generic SSRI's first and if they failed I would give 4-6 weeks of Fetzima samples to see how the patient responds. Basically, since Fetzima has samples, I would use it where Cymbalta was previously used.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Golden thread.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you're saying that you as a fictional doctor would not use Viibryd? And if you do use VB that pushes FZ further down the list. And don't forget about Pristiq which is a very clean and easy to use SNRI too. So maybe split business with Pristiq for last use of a branded product?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at your data, I'm writing nothing but Brintellix for the brands. Your dogs are a sinking ship.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is an old thread, but I ended up here searching for info about Fetzima. In case someone else finds this thread I think it's safe to say that Fetzima can work sometimes. SSRI's don't work for me because they kill Mr. Happy. He salutes but that's it, no cannonballs. A combo of wellbutrin, buspar and fetzima does manage the clinical depression and anxiety. But adding low dose of Fetzima makes cannonballs happen earlier than intended. We'll have to see if that is a tolerable battle strategy. It's actually kind of fun, a new challenge.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reason it sucks beyond all the others already mentioned, are the side effects! I tried it and was so dizzy and nauseated, had to quit after three days it was so bad!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a patient on FZ~
    Gee that's great, tell me about this patient
    It's my nurse, she gets all the samples

Hearing too much of this.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was hilarious