Field Reimbursement Manager Position

Discussion in 'Covance' started by Anonymous, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any info on the position/salary/benefits and management?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run like the wind!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would imagine the whole "reimbursement" wing gets wiped out eventually given the recent announcement. Plus the quality of the people on the team has gone way down hill. Haven't caught up with industry in terms of service offerings; terrible acct mgt-- slow, not up to date on issues etc etc.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What announcement?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lab Corp bought them ...

The team is shitty now and will probably be gone soon.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I guess that's why there's all the openings right now? People bailing? Still curious though, what type of salary and or bonus could one realistically get?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor management plus unprofessional (one "manager" wears hooded sweatshirts every day and has yet to be asked to at least try to look professional.

Run.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salary is low compared to similar jobs offered with other companies. Meh.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'd be better off as the janitor.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is the actual "low" salary?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Low

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yes I know that "manager"(err KS) and the another "manager" err LH, that had an 11 year old sounding voice ... She looked like it too. Literally, clients had to ask if she was of legal working age. Pathetic.

13. #13 anonymous, May 10, 2016 at 5:58 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016 at 6:13 PM
    anonymous

anonymous Guest

PIt's funny to see what outsiders say about these positions at Covance, as a manager of an FRM team, I had a very good laugh.

First, LH and KS (yes I know exactly who you are talking about) are very good managers! LH was voted by her team as "best supporting manager of the year" for 2015. You would be lucky to be on her team.

Second, the reason there are so many openings available is because this is a new department within Covance. Covance is not Pharma, it is a third party that support Pharma and this is one fairly new service that Covance offers, but it is exploding. In 2013, there was one team of 10 FRM and one manager, now there are over 130 FRMs and 10 managers and 3 directors.

Salaries: if you are going for money, this isn't the spot for you. Third parties don't pay as well as Pharma, think of them as outsourcing cheap labor, but most FRMs use it as a springboard to get into Pharma.

My advice to sales reps, don't apply. Covance is moving more in the direction of hiring people who have major reimbursement experience.

I.e. What are the top three most common issues on a CMS 1500 form for providers? If a gov PT accepts free drug and the beginning of the year, what does that mean to a Pharma that provided the drug? What are the common use for JD modifiers and where do they need to be documented (specific form and box)? Name one JD modifier for (insert diagnosis here that you are applying to). If you can't answer these questions (and Google won't help you) you won't make it past the phone screening for my team.

Now each team and manager is different, but sales reps do not make good FRMs...sorry.

Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

good move from someone in specialty pharmacy with some reimbursement experience?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If it's a specialty pharmacy product that they're supporting, then yes, it could potentially be a good move. There are FRMs that came from specialty pharmacy that have thrived here and others that struggle. It depends on their personality and previous experience. I've seen people come over with a strong working knowledge of their local payers and specialty pharmacy, but have struggled with the transition to a field-based position dealing with providers face-to-face as well as other challenging personalities such as the client sales force.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My experience is that Covance had quality FRMs in 2014 and 2015 but that they have decided to dumb it down and hire less quality people at much lower cost. The great FRMs left. The other got run off over expense reports or some technical issues to reduce costs. What's left is GED types who aren't really helpful in pulling through tough cases and hide behind policy.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your business model is stale and more companies are bringing their reimbursement teams in house. Covance cannot get good people because pay sucks and they hire eleven year olds who either have no experience managing or look disgustingly unprofessional "managing" and then stick them in front of clients and expect the client not to question w.t.f is going on.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone share a salary range and typical bonus for the field reimbursement role?
    Thanks sin advance.