Field Ride tomorrow...stressed

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Nov 28, 2010 at 6:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually for the next 2 days. Ugh...this guy stresses me out so much. Any serious advise? Normally our days go pretty well, I just can't stop stressing about it. I let it effect me way too much.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First, I hope you are a chick. If not, then get out of sales.

So, assuming you are female, then you just need to take the DM on a milk run because this is not a sales job. A real sales job would allow you to take your manager to calls where you are looking to get business, not get the manager approval.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, I would say just to get your car in order, with lots of promos, then get your itinerary in order, so you have a good day planned, with good precall. Then, just get a good night of rest. That's it.

Don't make this into a big deal. It really isn't unless your manager is a dickhead. And if you manager is a dickhead, look for another job unless you make so much money and the rest of your job is so good that his or her dickheadedness don't matter.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Xanax

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're a chick, just tell him you'll blow him if he goes home after he blows his load.

Just gobble down his hawg, gulp down the man-goo, and then go shopping...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, you should consider another career. To put up with that stress for a field ride is silly.

A field ride should be a time to get feedback, and to come up with a good strategy.

So, if you feel this way, you should look to find another career OR look to work for someone that will not "make" you feel this way.

No adult should have to put up with this crap. Having said all of this, I have been putting up with it for 15 years! LOL. Now, I don't get stressed the way I did in year 1. These days, I just let the manager say their bit, and its goes in one ear and out the other.

However, at this point in my career, I am set up financially, so I don't get stressed anymore.

But, I would seriously take a look at this job, and see if this is something you want to put up with. You need to perhaps have a talk with the manager about how stressed you feel on the field ride and how you don't like having this "feeling". You better have a good relationship with your manager to bring this up, because the motto in pharma is true "TRUST NOBODY".

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, I am in device and I love my manager...he says on ride alongs "Let's go somewhere where we can close business. I already know you can sell. And if you close something early int he day let's go drinking!" The funny thing I like the guy enough to actually kick back a few with him.

Refreshing guy to say the least.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

slide your hand onto his lap and say "time for a hand-j' and proceed to put a finger up his dooody factory.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm liking this! Do you guys cross swords? I love petting and such from my manager too.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lame. Whats up with all of the homo-erotic comments on this board?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What, are you thretened by us? I am into both guys and women. if u never tried it, you should. I strong hand on the back of your head while you are gobbling a turgid unit is HOT!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1