Fire Baldoni? Yes / No

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline Lab Personnel' started by ICM Poll, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Sack Baldoni? Yes / No

Poll closed Oct 16, 2010.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He needs to trim some of his departments, particularly Pharm Dev. He can be a jerk.

Even so, his development organization tends to deliver on the compounds given to them. It's not their fault that there are few new drugs, poor uptake in sales of the new inhaled offerings, loss of Advair sales due to aggressive pricing of competitors that was not countered by GSK, issues in China, ditto, ditto, ditto.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the legacy of DM's slash and burn policy is still felt in what's left.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will Baldoni get the AX?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you hearing something about his being dismissed? I've come to think he'll never leave on his own...he likes being important in his grand bossy position, and the preclinical group doesn't do badly in delivering on compounds that are presented to them.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No chance that JB goes. He is currently creating his new PTS org. It will be a lot smaller than his old PTS org!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smaller....ha, ha, ha!!

Baldonino love bloat. His ego is bloated. He's organization is bloated in VPs and senior directors who are bloated in the talking game, which Baldonini loves. In the superhero world, his pseudo name would have to be Bloatonus (Bloat-on-us).

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somethings never change

3-4 years later and JB is once again leading one of the SLOOOOOOWESSSSSSST reorgs in history. Layoffs were announced first week in Dec2014 and as of end of Jun2015 Philly is still in the dark.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Somethings never change

At least we are all being paid for awhile longer. It is easy to be arrogant if you are safe.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fire moncelf and hatrick too. losers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK is doomed, slowly, painfully. No one will take them over until the stock price goes down, and that will take a while as long as there sill is money from the sale of oncology products to Novartis to pay the divided. After that, they will again try to sell off part of ViiV to raise dividend paying funds. The dividend payout will keep stock price up for a period of time, but at some point, that will end too, or there won't be anything else to sell for cash, and then the stock will crash, making the company a target....if indeed there's anything left to buy.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least it appears the bloviating, egostistical, do nothing, blowhard S Clarke is being shown the door along with some if his brown nosing sycophants in the UK. About 8 years too late IMO.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surely by now folks understand that JB masks his organizations lack of productivity by maintaining a state of constant reorganization. Good people under him don't have a chance.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% agree that JB uses reorgs to reset the clock and give himself another 2-3 years to 'deliver his deliverables' only to launch another reorg every 1-3 years when the previous clock is about to run out. That has been painfully obvious since the GW-SKB merger.

However, I don't agree that JB's organization in not productive. I think PTS was fully competent. I do admit that PTS has a profound lack of creativity and risk taking that prevents any significant creativity or innovation. But I think PTS got the routine work done efficiently.

I think R&D's overall problem was with the R and not the D. (Obviously I'm biased, having been in PTS) but I just think GSK has bad compounds that is what has caused the slump in the last decade. I am not close enough to the DPUs to understand what prevented them from discovering safe & effective compounds. Bad research programs? Insufficient resources? Constantly changing priorities? Lack of commitment to a given line of research? I do not know at what level in the DPU organization the problem existed.

But from my perspective in PTS, I think PTS reliably achieved their objectives. In spite of JB's complete lack of ability. But, as mentioned, I'm biased being from PTS.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[QUOTE="anonymous, post: 5492020"
    I think R&D's overall problem was with the R and not the D. (Obviously I'm biased, having been in PTS) but I just think GSK has bad compounds that is what has caused the slump in the last decade. I am not close enough to the DPUs to understand what prevented them from discovering safe & effective compounds. Bad research programs? Insufficient resources? Constantly changing priorities? Lack of commitment to a given line of research? I do not know at what level in the DPU organization the problem existed. [/QUOTE]

Insufficient resources, constant change, coworkers motivated by politics/backstabbing to get ahead, top heavy - people at bench were WAY more likely to get hit by poor rating than middle managers, etc.

16. annonie

annonie Guest

An amazingly complex structure from the mind of JB...could one expect anything less?

And an R&D organization led by Baldoni and Valence...now that's a company having an indescribable destiny....a true je ne sais quoi.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel bad for the staffs in Philly. What does JB say about the fairness of all of this? He's in an open office space... maybe we should stop by and talk.