Fixing Heartware?

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by anonymous, Aug 29, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The people in charge now didn’t buy us and they don’t feel the need to win, just to save their own careers.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder if HeartWare/ MCS will become an "Operating Unit" If not that will say something!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nope. shut-it-down

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

look for huge things from MCS when the warning letter gets lifted!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not a chance with current leader. he doesn’t know how to win.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Woo hooo! We made Operating Unit status - all is well with Heartware!!!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah now we just need a leader to actually operate it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NN follows on the closure of the Portsmouth, NH facility by closing Framingham, MA. Great job making the tough business decisions! Let's redirect now and talk about Our Mission.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

actually now that MCS is a business unit I think NN will really shine
    Up to this point his hands have been tied.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So NN is so bad the best you can say is, “it has to help...” I didn’t believe how bad he was but he has underwhelmed my lowest expectations. Looking forward to changing him out and getting a good leader.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not gonna happen. NN is Geoffs good buddy. He’ll keep finding people to blame and get rid of, then eventually declare success and move on.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MCS is never going to be what it could. Medtronic doesn’t understand the buisness. They think rotating “leaders” in and out is the way to win. Meanwhile we’re competing against a team who docs recognize as leaders and their peers. NN is just a sign of things to come.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no, nn is the guy they throw in to close business.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really Medtronic has done nothing with HeartWare. Only cancelled or delayed MVAD and fully implantable. They did ram PAL through submission but HeartWare could have done the same bad job. Maybe a warning letter being lifted someday is Medtronic’s lasting impact

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LVADS are messy and complicated. There are not many people who work with pacemakers who can understand that, and Medtronic has gotten rid of pretty much all of them who touched Heartware, and the legacy team, instead trying to make MCS a mini CRM.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That town hall.... man things are not getting better anytime soon.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was inspired: you weren’t?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What did they say?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep him there and out of the field. The Docs know he’s an empty suit. Lots of promises, canceled projects.