FLL Source: 2018 Sept-Oct Time Frame For Restructuring

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 14, 2018 at 9:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. If we have to wait a month or more for a phone call after a reorg is announced then there will be a HIGH likelihood my sampling activity will be exactly zero % while my call average will be 12 per day.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are all stressed. FLLs and reps alike. Most of us have families, mortgages and other responsibilities. The thing to do now is to try and focus on the blessings we all have. We all know how our industry and company behave. They never lie about it. Shareholders first, patients second, then their employees. It's not a secret. We have all been working on borrowed time. Advair will go generic at some point. There are far too many FLLs and far too many ancillary jobs. There will be cuts. From what I hear, massive cuts. So if you have other job opportunities, move on them now! If not, hold on tight and pray! As for me, I thank good lord for my health. For the health and happiness for all my family members. I am going to enjoy each day the best that I can. GSK pays me to do a job and I will continue to do it until they tell me I am not welcome here any longer. I will be dusting off the old resume and begin letting people know of what may be in store for me over the coming months. I will also crack a few cold ones and make sweet sweet love to my wife. Life is short my friends and we need to enjoy our time while we're here. Best of luck to all! Zigler out!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed!!! Thanks for the positive post! :)

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Second line leaders have been given their options to either stay or go with a generous package....Hold on folks.....it has started!! Good luck to all!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cutting expenses (people) is a good way to boost year end earnings. That’s why layoffs late year to get as much out of us as possible then boom! Bonuses won’t be good as we probably aren’t going to hit national goals.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Sept 5

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard HIV field sales cuts in October/November

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess, you're a "working mom", and bad jokes to boot... Bravo!
    If you don't think the culture has driven this company into the ground, you ARE as stupid as you seem.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awww you need your bottle little man?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better plan on seeing a therapist now, while you still have an amazing benefits plan.

If it’s so bad....why are you here? Can’t cut it elsewhere?? Might be that misogyny is getting in your way.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another toddler darling?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would have a bottle, but mommy felt getting a new car and bigger house was more important and so she was never around..

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When did this occur?

Do they get to fully opt in or self identify....and then later to be offered a job they geographically (or otherwise) cannot accept....and get no package?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It happened this week...either Monday or Tuesday. I believe they get to decide if they would like to take a package and separate from the company. The others, if they are cut, will still get the package. I hope the reps will be afforded the same opportunity to leave if they wish. (Of course, the package will be quite different!)

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For the love of all that is holy can we shit can 1/2 of the DM’s? Most DM’s are as worthless as a toothless stripper with the lights on. Hire regional secretaries to approve expense reports and have 15 reps assigned to a selling coach.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a FLL this is on point. Outsourced displacement with no input from us until we get a list of people to notify....When I was a downsized FLL, most of my District, 5 out of 8 reps were let go and the District was collapsed into neighboring Districts. All based on market potential, sales potential, payer coverage. Rankings weren’t even a consideration. GSK hires a third party who comes in and says this is the potential for earnings in your market and this is what dollars you can expect to bring in. The cost of your representatives is or is not in line with the anticipated return on investment based on current or potential sales volume. It’s all pretty black and white. There’s no saving people based on extracurricular activities. When the ship goes down, most on board go down with it. Geography, sales volume potential , and where you live relative to territory center plays the largest role.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the information.

As for others who are still active with the company: I am hearing of a specific headcount reduction in the sales force. Does anyone have what they would consider reliable information on whether the contract sales force is to be considered in that reduction? They had said at one point that contract reps would give the company the ablity to 'expand or contract' more efficiently and effectively in changing markets. I am aware that it makes little sense to give any credence to the company's past statements, So if anyone feels the need to 'vent' on that point I understand. I, personally, am just looking for any reliable information as to whether a headcount reduction would include contract reps. Again, I hate this for everyone and wish all the best.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about MSLs and market access people?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your all goners!! Ha ha Zigler out!