Florida Multi-Regional Meeting

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Sep 3, 2017 at 8:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Five Reasons to Stay:
    1. Salaries are good-not great compared to other specialty companies, but better that average.
    2. Not that many high-paying jobs out there now - find one with a good product - take it
    3. Lundbeck is 70% owned by foundation - no such thing as job security but I don't think there is a huge danger of being bought out.
    4. Psych side - contracts with Takeda and Otsuka secure sales force numbers to some degree, but don't read this as 100% job security but about as good as it gets in this pharmaceutical climate
    5. Naysayers on here may tell you they don't like Our US leadership, but I find them to be very open, and approachable - I like what Lundbeck stands for - those complaining about culture are talking about easy days, no budget and no call averages - well that had to change - we can't be a profitable company like that. The culture I value has not changed: dedication to CNS and patient advocacy. Besides money, don't lose sight of why you do what you do.

I am not management - I am an account mngr but I bet you guys will tear my comments to shreds. Oh yeah, do you really think Staffan would have left if he could have become CEO?!?! My bet is the board didn't want him so he bailed.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm glad you have a good attitude and care about CNS patients. That said, it is clear you don't have much insight beyond the lowest levels of the company.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

(1) Many companies pay specialty reps $125,000 and higher. Sunovion for one.
    (2) The jobs are not as plentiful as I would like, BUT they are there
    (3) Not really sure about how a foundation works, so no comment one way or the other. I don't think we have to worry about someone wanting to buy us.
    (4) Those contracts all have some type of clause about buy outs, etc. no extra security here
    (5) Being approachable means nothing. Actions speak louder than words. Lundbeck, like every corporation, #1 responsibility is to shareholders, not patients. If you think otherwise, you are extremely naive. The "culture" is to make a profit, and nothing more.

You did not mention our lack of pipeline, and they fact that Staffan left a company that he devoted his whole career to. You don't walk away from that if everything in going well. They may or may not have offered him the CEO position, I don't know. All I know is that we have one obscure drug in our pipeline, and some long shot additional indications for existing drugs, and that's it. Our U.S. is in above their heads. They operate in a world that no longer exists. We are treated like a new, primary care sales force, not an experienced specialty dream. We could be in a worse situation than we are now. My guess is that we will be in about a year. Do you want to bet your future on Northera, Trintellix, AM, and Rexulti? Do you ignore the fact that we have no retirement, profit sharing, or stock grants like most companies have?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kare got out because he knows the numbers are not good. Nobody here believes Peter and his spin. Lorena also can write up all this spin about things are going well. Last we all checked the bonus grid discounts any credibility of this company. You might as well tell people interested in jobs here that the bonus is really around 20,000 a year because when the company was losing money we did better on bonus. By the year end expect another 15% of the sales force to be checked out and leaving.

Spin it all you want. The US home office team has no courage to fight for the US sales force. The training department is a shell of itself, marketing as well. Now you have dozens of vacancies and still screw your people.

There is 0 incentive to care about the success here for the company itself. We might as well have been called "Kare's little drug store" because what we offer to employees here is nothing more than a small business owner.

Meanwhile Copenhagen issues shares for these opportunistic board members and prices the stock at 50% face value. We all would like a lottery ticket for a million dollars a year at half price cost. How do we sign up?

How about you apply the bonus grid to these board members and let the employees vote what their compensation should be.

Kare should expect to get a call from congress to testify soon. Shkreli and Kare are both of the same mold. Take an affordable drug, buy it, then increase the price 100x from what the other company was going to sell it for. His legacy will follow him. Just wait

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you guys are hilarious- If you know so much about Lundbeck's doom why are you still here - My guess is you're bottom feeders that don't stand a chance finding another gig but you come on here spewing all your negative crap onto anyone reading cafepharma. You're a moron if you don't the Kare left for a $52 million package - Duh he bailed but for a HUGE, Lifechanging financial package - who wouldn't leave the best job with the best company in the world for that kind of pay increase.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you actually say that Kare left "the best job with the best company in the world"? Are you listening to your own words? IF, it is what you say, it would be best in income, R&D, benefits, etc., and we all know it's not! No, Kare didn't give 2 shits about Lundbeck, and never did. Staffan, on the other hand, cared for Lundbeck. Stefan leaving speaks volumes about the future here.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

kare was here less than 3 years, save us any story about kare caring about lundbeck. that goofy head bobbing screwball was here to rig the story about the success we had, jack the price of the stock up 3 fold and get 50% off options the board extended to him annually. He neutered the R&D center here, raised prices heavy, priced northera to be cluster fuck medicine that had plenty of potential, and as a result has seen massive turnover in all business units here at lundbeck. This company is just a large second class (not world class) operation. Then we add to the rigged pay and performance of the board and senior management. Imagine getting half price stock every year.... and having twits like peter here in the states talk about how great the stock performance has been. maybe they pay him options and they just keep that hush hush

steffan was a career man here so yes, his leaving at the same time tells you the board is going in a different direction. they got all that money coming in for raising guidance and asking the USA to take it up the ass to drive international sales. This foreign country has lost its soul for ensuring we take care of people in need. They made bank, now want to invest in stupid shit like 23 and me or brain immunology. Instead of investing that 400 million in profit to get more products or copromotes the clown bought back stock and paid off debt to jack the price up on stock. Meanwhile those 5 million dollars in stock came running to him every year, and every year he sold it off. Some con man.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The situation with Kare reminds me of Frank Underwood from house of cards.

Novo shocked him by not making him CEO, so his backup plan was to make himself look good by taking the Lundbeck position and boosting the stock price, all the while grinding the future of the company into dust.

Who at the company has benefited from the choices made in the last 2-3 years? Not the 1000+ people laid off, not patients trying to pay for Northera, not all the underpaid US employees with no stock options, not the entire neurology commercial and medical affairs organization who soon will have only Northera to work on, not the R&D organization who has only one new asset in clinical trials.

I can't imagine that this is what the Lundbeck foundation thought they were signing up for.

I don't know how to fix it, but step one is to hire someone that cares about Lundbeck, its mission, and its patients.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And you remind me of Broke Back Mountain and Sesame Street.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#KaredontCare

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This meeting is a COMPLETE waste of time!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One VERY IMPORTANT thing not mentioned here is this. Lundbeck only gets 20cents on the dollar for AM, about 33cents on the dollar for Trin and about 45 for Rexulti. With that skewed income flow, this company is doomed if they think they can hitch their fortunes to the psych drugs.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And don't think for one minute that everyone involved doesn't feel the same way! We all know that it's a waste of time and money, but that's the Lundbeck way now. Nothing will be accomplished except required spending of funds. We will talk about "probing", "closing", "type coach", and other crap that has been driven into the damn ground for the last 50 years of pharma sales! When was the last time you came away from a meeting with something that will help you increase sales? As long as you have management that actually thinks we can replace generics with super expensive, poorly covered brand name dugs, the company will decline.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Type Coach needs to be retired

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't believe that Lundbeck actually is still sending the NE to Florida right now with this bad of a hurricane season going on! Thanks lundbeck for putting the safely of your people first!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Silly rabbit. What's really more important, practicing probing and closing, or not taking any chances on your employees safety! Well probing and closing are obviously more important! Think of all the generics you are going to replace with your new found skills!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With Hurricane Maria heading toward Florida, is Lundbeck going to do the right thing, the sane thing, and cancel the meeting next week? Or are they going to role the dice with the safety of their employees?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey! You all can join us in Denver!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the fake news wants you to believe florida is destroyed but where you are going is nothing bad

the best part about denver meetings is we all get to buy some pot legally, thanks Lundbeck!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the biggest complaint with the up coming meetings is that they are a complete redo of past meetings, with a small change here and there. I mean think about it, a workshop on probing and closing! Seriously! Just look at the agenda! Why are we even going for God's sake? Even my manager confessed that it's a waste of time! Hell, they won't even let us go out on our own to eat! Maybe we don't want to do a 3 hour group dinner!!!!! Maybe we just want some down time without having to put on a "smile show" for everyone!

What is happened to management? Have they all hooked themselves up to the company cool-aid? They have no new tools to help us, and they know it! Steffan left because he saw there is NO reason to stay! Have they ever given one seconds thought to the fact that they contribute nothing to the success of our company? This can't go on much longer the way it is. It's total insanity!