Flowonix

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone tell me about this pump and if it is going to be a threat to our existing pump base? Thank you

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are hiring good people who know the industry and have sold in pain. They will affect business.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's over Johnny

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better pump than ours or just selling off relationships?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good product, but relationships will matter big time. Only hiring people that know the biz, doctors, etc..

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have hired all the top reps from MDT who have been screwed by that classless, crappy, used-car-salesman, "I made you who you are doctor" company!!! YOUR PUMP BUSINESS WILL DIE!!! Make it up in neurostim, because pump business is GONE!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Although the last poster is a little emotional, one can understand. They are going to affect business. They only went after insiders, bottom line. everybody there has relationships and access. Just takes a little slip for them to get in on business that MDT isn't really focused on too much in lots of areas. watch your back.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they are going kick ass and take business...agree with previous poster, watch your backs boys

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sharp dudes that will dissect the business part by part.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly you're excited about your pump but you can stop responding to your own posts now.

Your guaranteed money isn't enough to draw any "top" reps from MDT to sell this. There is a reason for that. You should find out what it is before you move or buy that house.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

really? Tell that to the studs that already evaluated the opportunity and decided to come over here :)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Guaranteed money"?! Please tell me where I can sign-up!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those aren't studs. Nobody, not 1 person who understands this business, would sell a pump with your labeling if given another opportunity.

Reps who were let go last year passed on even interviewing for this job because of your lack of potential. Mention one key point and physicians ask "why would anyone ever use that?"

Anyone and ever are the two words that stick out the most for me.

Unless this is your first job or a transition from pharma...nevermind, I would probably stay in pharma.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I mentioned that one key point and the doctor had no problem.... He said it sounds like Mdt has some real comp now... Who's afraid of the big bad wolf??

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Labeling is the sames as MDT's - Conditional 5

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pac Northwest up and down the coast, rollin'. Better fill that open territory.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is there even a post about this piece of junk? MDT's pumps are tried and true. In a matter of life and death, I don't know any docs that would put a Flowonix pump in their mothers...

No long term data, terrible compatibility issues (MRI) -- Good Luck selling against us. I agree with the above posts... Word to the wise - don't go buy anything expensive with the hope you will effect our market share.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be new. Go ask some of your more tenured reps that said the same thing about ANS (now ST Jude) and Boston when they came out with new stimulators. How's that market share look now compared to when MDT had no stim competition?

By the way you might also want to go and study up on your MRI conditions. Both have the same.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Brad

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two things matter. Device quality and support to the customer and the patient over many years.
    Prometra lasts longer, is more reliable and offers class leading flow rate accuracy between refills. But all clinicians expect to be supported to a greater or lesser extent.
    The Prometra is not perfect-- after all the MRI protocol presently involves more planning so there is a trade off making it ill suited to some patients for now. But over the life of a young adult MS patient say the prospect of two implants rather than three has to be taken seriously.
    Flowonix respect their competition and have been taking their time to plan their launch strategy. There is no organic growth, they have to earn the right to build their business-- it is in fact a more authentic challenge for which they are choosing people who are driven and respect the therapies and the business but are paid to be successful.
    It is true that with MDT, as a brand you know what you are getting in legacy terms (including approx 11 FSNs in 3 years, 3+ in the last 60 days). Also there is the long term data which is also revealing much more about what is being paid for-- and it is not black and white rather a double edged sword, though clearly the Synch II remains the benchmark.
    I recall how rapidly Medtronic launched product in SCS when BSX caught them napping in 2005. It was a massive project over 18 months. The solution is Synchromed III promised to select KOLs in Feb 2006 when the Medstream was then thought to be around the corner. If there is a Synch III, now is the time but save for being smaller (invaluable in the paeds market above and beyond anything else) it really does not offer anything new and has apparently been shelved.
    Flowonix is earning the trust and the right to be in the market. Which ever side of the argument or who you represent respect your competitor*, engage honestly and intelligently and play to your strengths. It is about to be a four horse race and is certainly a three horse race, and those that fall short will cost your company plenty because now there are choices.
    --that is not going to change.

*FLowonix, MDT, JnJ, (Tricumed in OUS)