For future interviewees

Discussion in 'Medline' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the truth

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and another

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post on this site in years. Dead on accurate.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In most successful/ high performance organizations (think business, sports, elite military) poor performance by your people, high team turnover and any other team performance issues are considered a direct failure on the part of the manager.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best thread ever. Are there some shitty medline reps? Absolutely, but the vast majority of reps that have left if the recent months were solid reps, that consistantly grew their business, were always at the top of star, and were also up for awards at the NSM.

On a brighter note there has been a shake up in one of the GL divisions and the SRVP that had been booted out of multiple IDN's and ran off too many good reps to count has been replaced with someone that is HIGHLY respected with in his division. Good move boys too bad you had to lose a bunch of good reps before you got that clown out of there.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now get rid of the old timers on the Health Care side.

Too many good reps have moved on because of bad managers there too.
    The bad managers will fire reps when they get in a jam and blame the fired rep for then problem they caused.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Southwest the new VP takes over in the new year.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for Surgery center sales position. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Overall compensation?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading these posts, why do you care? Don't dance in the minefield.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To anyone interviewing with Medline. Look at these threads for what they are and do your research. What does it say about a person who left the company yet still blogs about their past company? Hardly someone who is happy in their career and probably someone with a lot of other problems.

Or maybe someone who is not doing well yet can't find another company who will hire them or pay them anywhere near what they are currently making.

The company is a good company...like any organization it has it's share of good managers and maybe some who aren't cut out for that area of expertise. If you care about your own career do your homework. Talk with people in the organization who have been there a year and some maybe five years. Why do some people do so well and stay? It's the individual who makes the difference and not some manager who made their life hard. Trust me when I say this...it isn't unique to Medline it's life in general. Every organization from Apple to Xerox has it's challenges and every organization will hire great people who will go on to do great things.

You shouldn't let negative people paint your own views without doing your own direct dilgence. Why has the company done so well if it's employees are treated so poorly? Because most of the reps and managers are very happy and have no intention of leaving. You can call any hospital in any city and easily get the name of the rep from Medline who works with their account. Start with Material Management as they can direct you in the right way.

Lastly, it's the internet. Believe 50% of what you read is total fabrication and the other 50% a total embellishment of the truth. On any topic. Good luck and remember...invest in your own future and don't rely on the ramblings of "anonymous" responders.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Mr. Medline,

You are either an Employee or a Manager in Medline, which indeed is a good Company, i wouldn't say Manufacturer, but good marketing Company.
    Some managers and salesmen do good also because thanks to the Greyer in the market, which i can inform you are quite alot. Either the Export managers sleap with sunglasses or they probably agree and know what some Distributors(let's call them that) are doin gin the market and make for them life easy and with money.
    Those distributors are reselling their products into the US causing serious problems to the market's REAL DISTRIBUTORS.
    South America is the big game in this. Those Companies are either stupid or they want to be so. They would only have to put stickers NOT FOR SALE IN US and it's done to see who really sells in abroad or reimports.
    So, Sir, someimes life is easy for them and i would say not so easy for others. I want to say that at the end, someone has to work, correc ????

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably the fairest statement anyone could make to a prospective employee....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"What does it say about a person who left the company yet still blogs about their past company?"

It says that so many folks were harmed by their Medline experience that they will continue to take time to warn others to aviod Medline.

Lastly, it's Medline Management. Believe 50% of what they say is total fabrication and the other 50% a total embellishment of the truth.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad...very sad...feel bad for people like yourself. Time to move on and try to make something of your career. You'll find in life you are more to blame for your personal situation than any other person or company.

Best of luck to you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. Your concern is thoughtful, but please do not spend too much time on psychoanalyzing me. People like myself do not assume we know more about people then we possibly could from a single web post. People like myself are just sharing the facts. I know that you cannot allow yourself to think that your assumptions might be wrong. The Doc at my anger management group thinks that you're a little defensive. Regardless, I am happy to share the truth about Medline's culture and style of Sales Management, and I am sure that you will continue to use your powers to carry Medline to even greater heights.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This. I will freely admit that I made a shit ton of money while I was at Medline, but I worked my ass off for it. In the end I was recruited away by a very highly respected company. I make more money, work less, have less stress, and I am still in the top10 of my new company. Leaving Medline doesn't make someone a loser that can't sell, but staying in a bad situation thinking you can change the company and make them do the right thing is fucking moronic. I'm just sad it took me the better part of a decade to realize the shit hole this place has become. There are a lot of good people left at Medline but it really only takes one or two dickholes to really fuck a lot of peole of over and a lot of money(Joe Clarke I'm looking at you).

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I have moved on after 12 years with Medline. I did great with Medline and made a good living for many years. But now in my new company will make more in my 2nd year than after 12 with Medline. Plus a company car, bigger expense account, better benefits and much less stress.

My friends that left Medline before me begged me to leave before I did and looking back I only wish I had listened to them. I thought things would get better, but they never did.

If you want to work for Medline to get some experaince that is great but do not stay longer than 2 years.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will get no better advise than ' 2 years and gone '

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably the truest comments anyone has made. Do your own homework and don't let others tell you why or why not you can't achieve success at Medline.

Well put..