For the few who like MDL

Discussion in 'Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)' started by Anonymous, Sep 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, which is it? If you are still here, then get out and get more specimens. If not, you wish you were still there because you are still looking here at your former employer. My guess is you are still here since no one else will hire you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an effen joke to the above post. Whichever of you responded - VT or EM- feel free to respond and I will find a way to get in touch with you. I am no longer working with MDL and am making over 40K more than I was with MDL. I wish I was still there? LOLOLOL! You are correct that it was difficult to get hired after I quit BECAUSE I had MDL on my CV and left without having something lined up. But guess what? I have a degree from a respected school, had good grades, solid experience (besides MDL) and recommendations from EVERY other company that I ever worked at. In the end, righteousness always rises to the top. FU VT and EM! I am posting on this board because I wasted months of my life working for your pathetic excuse of a company while continually being lied to. Keep posting the same generic response of "Go work hard and double your salary!" while you lie to the people who trust you to provide an honest living and means to provide for their family. I have nothing to fear because I am so far removed from you and have nothing to lie about. You on the other hand, have to explain to management why this website has thousands of views continually trashing you for the entire industry to view. I now understand why we would would get emails from you at all hours of the night, it's because you couldn't sleep after knowing the people you effed over!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do you work now? Maybe the rest of us can get out and make more money.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VT and EM said that you didn't work hard anyway. They were glad when you left.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a bunch of cry babies. You want a better company car yet you are not making quota. You get a pay check every two weeks but you don’t want to have to work for it?
    You were lied to? You asked questions but didn’t get a straight answer? Then why did you take the job? I asked about the quota and was given a graph showing me exactly what was expected to make quota.
    The commission plan has been the same for the past 5 years. There is no big secret of what the quota is. There is no big secret in sales that if you don’t make quota you don’t get commission. When you find that sales job that pays you commission even when you don’t make quota let the rest of us know. I will agree that the RCF is sometimes good and sometimes sucks. If it is so bad then why are you still here. Maybe because you can’t get hired anyplace else. No wonder that. VT sets the bar pretty high and obviously you are not capable of reaching it. Dr M has been nothing but gracious, kind and supportive but that is how he treats the reps that work hard for him and hit their numbers. Too bad you are not in that circle of reps.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a rep and have been for several years. How come when anything nice is said it has to come from a RSM? Who lied to you?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EM, VT, and the RSM from the Northeast!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, not all companies have the enormity of negative posts on their boards. In fact, the vast majority don't even come close to the amount that is posted about this company.
    I believe it is an employers moral and ethical responsibility to respect their employees. This is my biggest concern with MDL. An owner who verbal announces to his employees that "you are just numbers to me" cannot expect his sales team to "bust there ass" for him. I dont care if he was acting in rage. as an owner you should never, never address a group of employees with implications, based on something one individual may or maynot have said. I used to respect dr m but now I view him as just another pretentious prick. If he were drowning, I would stand and watch, and I have made it my goal to expose the truth about this company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When did he say we were just numbers? Give me a date and place.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this post. Dr. M is in the end responsible for the horrible ways MDL treats its employees. The shadiness that occurs in almost every aspect from the hiring process to the bonus structure, I have never before seen in any professional setting. Salesmen are used to being evaluated on what they produce almost entirely, however when you blatantly show you hold no respect for those you employ, it shows and you suffer the consequences. Saving a few thousand dollars and jeopardizing reps safety by providing a golf cart is the only example needed to prove MDL does not care at all. Does anyone know the details about the rep that got in an accident in the Yaris, then got "let go" while she was recovering?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then if you are still here you should leave. What about the moral and ethical responsibility of the employee to perform the work they were hired to do? I may not agree with how his message was delivered but I do understand where he was coming from. His life’s work was under attack and he responded to that. Are you telling me you have never said or done something or handled a situation in anger? It must be difficult being so perfect. Get over it. Try making your goal to be a successful rep instead of revenge and stop your whining.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things have obviously changed since the time you were originally hired (if you ARE in fact really a rep), because now there are no graphs explaining the commission plan, and if anyone pushes during training to get an explanation they are fired. From what I have been told VT has only been running this circus for about a year, and is drunk with power. I've also been told that Dr M was a different person before that too. Whatever caused these changes, it was not for the better. If you ARE trully a rep, then you are from the "old school" and obviously one of the "favored few". I understand that there aren't many of you left, since so many of the others have left in the past year. Your dwindling numbers are a testament to the changes not being good, since in a positive company environment good people, who are appreciated and treated with respect, tend to stay, especially considering the state of the economy during the past year. So why did the rep in FL and KS leave when they were doing well? It is common knowledge that if you are one of Dr M's or VT's favorites, you somehow get "taken care of" (even if you aren't hitting quota). Be glad that you are one of the select few. As for the rest of us, try living life in our shoes for a month and then come back to this forum and share your "enlightened" experiences with the rest of us. The reality of today is that we ARE kept in the dark, and we ARE lied to. Perhaps if you pull your head out of the sand and start talking openly and honestly with some of your fellow and newer reps, you may get a different picture than the utopia you are now living in.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? You all are truly more stupid than you appear. And believe me you ALL appear stupid. The information about time and place is absolutely irrelevant to the truth.

Please notice the above resonse (probably made by one of the MDL groupies) was not an attemp to dispute the fact the owner made these comments, but rather a heartless attempt to discover the identity of this individual who posted this thread (which by the way is a fact). Sad, Truly sad!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leave? That's your suggestion. Who said anything about employees not doing there job. Are you somehow suggesting the employees aren't doing what they were hired to do? If that is the case, than that makes those employees no better than the company who isn't owning up to there end of the bargain. Which came first the egg or chicken?!

When putting your life's work in the hands of your employees, empowering them to work for you and grow your business, you would think one would bend over backwards and do everything necessary to assure their efforts are appreciated. (They are helping make you wealthy...your driving that nice BMW not a yaris...just saying! No pun intended). And by appreciation, I am not talking about an email saying thank you. You are dealing with sales people. This is a dog eat dog industry. Appreciation = $$!!!!! There is a reason why the best companies to work for in this industry pay the best, its not just a coincidence. That's just the nature of the business and if you want the best sales people you have to pay them. Sales people only care about money, that's why they are in sales. But you should know all of this already, right!? Oh I forgot you don't that's why you are hear. So please stop whining about your employees not working and do something to motivate them. Quiz time: ( let's see if you we're paying attention) what motivates sales people? No, 25$ gift cards don't. I'll give you one more guess

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

boo hoo; did you really exseeded?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your obviously one of the people they hired who has no formal, higher education. Perfect example of the quality this place hires. Laughable

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check the post before, I THINK the previous poster was being facetious.........duh

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what I thought. Another made up story about the company. That is why only disgruntled employees post the negative comments on here. Don't believe everything you read. Especially here.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually that is not a made-up story. I too was on this call when we where told "you are just numbers ". If you don't know the facts, don't make a comment because it makes you look stupid.