For the Protection of Anyone Who Might Consider Coming On Board Here!

Discussion in 'Parnell Veterinary Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Would you recommend this company to a friend needing a job?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's really no surprise how utterly miserable everyone at Parnell is and what a high turnover we have. But Parnell lies about it and pretends this is normal and treats us horribly, so I thought the best way to counteract this would be to start a thread for Parnell employees to state OBJECTIVE FACTUAL reasons why they are trying to get out of Parnell so people considering a job here or anyone researching Parnell (maybe a company considering co-promoting) can see what a horrific company this is. Try not to say dumb typical "CafePharma nobody knows who I am so I'm going to act like I'm 12" crap. Try to say REAL stuff to give credibility to this thread so people start to pay attention to how much this company truly sucks.

Example:

DON'T: Talk about how RJ smells like cheese. (I just made that up.).
    DO: Talk about how RJ has two law suits against him in the state of MO filed by two ex employees for harassment and wrongful termination. (I did NOT make that up!)

See the difference? ;)

Anyway, we may have a shitastic company, but this is one of the BEST teams I have ever worked with so I know people are pretty solid and we will have some really good reasons listed as to why this company is going down in flames. Potential employees and people considering Parnell for whatever reason, take heed. They hired some really seasoned people to get them off the ground and most of us can tell you with full confidence, this is the worst we have ever been treated in all of our years in the industry.

So guys, have at it!

land_o_plenty likes this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. Five people out of 40 hit the Glyde goals for 2015 and they DOUBLED them for 2016. It's one thing to be ambitious and another thing to be unrealistic and hold people to those standards.

2. Then they started putting people on performance plans in March! The company had only been in existence for 6 months, no time to brand the products. None of those people made it off, they either were fired or quit. Round two of performance plans in June, said they tried to make them more fair this time but still totally unfair because they will not tell anyone how the selection process was decided, and some people at the bottom were not put on one while some people in the middle were. And no one on any performance plan in either March or June was given a coaching plan (which is supposed to be the step before a performance plan) or even told they needed improvement prior to being told their job is on the line.

32 reps left, 10 of those on either PIP or coaching plan, many others planning to leave without being on any plan. Not looking good for Parnell. But RJ seems to act like we are all easily replaceable. Wait till he sees how many clients go along with the reps who leave or are fired.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While you make some good points, I find it hard to believe anyone who would be posting on this board has access to the kind of detailed information you shared. Unless you are an executive on the ELT I can't think your details about how many people are on plans and when, that no one came off them unless quit or fired, is factual. So you're ether really high up and risking a lot to post here or you're listening to rumors from other people who don't have all the facts either, you're guessing or making assumptions, or you're creating a bigger fire than you can actually verify to stir the pot. Not helpful. We already live in a world where we don't get enough information or correct information, and frankly I think your post does nothing but compound the problem. Just my two cents.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly you don't work for Parnell because the vast majority of this is stuff that was actually addressed on sales conference calls with leadership and the entire sales force.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And also don't forget we have only been a sales force of 40 at our heaviest point (before people got fired, quit, etc.), with what the leadership will tell you at nauseum is a "culture of transparency". We are all in communication with each other all the time, we all see each other's numbers at least biweekly, we see who hits goals and who doesn't, and we have monthly question and answer webinars with the crazy CEO where we ask why things are why they are and hear his BS answers. The reason why we are all so frustrated is BECAUSE what you're reading is TRUE. And yeah, it's totally hard to believe! They started with the performance plans only having a sales force for 6 months and no one had any coaching or any indication they were in jeopardy beforehand. They continued with more people on plans at the 8 month mark, only 2 months later. Some got coaching plans, some went straight to PIPs. This is after having DOUBLED the goals from 2015 that most barely hit as it was. It's a toxic place to work. If you don't believe me, call ANY DAMN rep at Parnell. Any one. Every one is looking for a job. If you want to make comments saying something "isn't helpful", you should do your research.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks for your "two cents" EV or RJ...

Way to work that damage control!

How else would you know that Parnell has an ELT...when every company calls it by another acronym...

First court date is coming up in Jackson, Co Missouri...enjoy!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sooooo glad that RJ turned me down when I was applying for an RM position-
    Sorry for all my former colleagues who happen to be at Parnell- I know a few of you have escaped and are also looking- kind of funny in a dark way to read all this crap- unbelieveable it can happen in our industry here in the US-

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been reading comments on Parnell and other pharma companies on this site, and it seems like it doesn't matter where you work, there are things that don't make people happy. But to those who are wishing badly for Parnell; I ask that you think about the people that work there. I have a couple of friends who work at Parnell and they do enjoy their job there and I would hate for them to be out of a job. This website just seems so negative and mean - I guess it's an easy way to spread rumors without having to put your name to it though.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what company if any size doesn't have law suits? dont think any other company is free of that, because it isn't the real world. you think anyone who disagrees with you must be R or E but maybe it's one of the sales reps on the other side of the business (that is busy selling and isn't complaining) or in another part of the company, or maybe its like the person said, someone who knows people who work there. bullying anybody who does not whine or join your lynchmob says alot. if your life is so miserable then quit. i wouldn't want to work with you people. your acting like you didn't make the little league team. so much for this thread being about facts, you just say anything you don't want to hear is wrong or written by the people your talking about. or keep it up and make yourselves look even worse. you can go ahead and come at me and repeat all the bad stuff thats already been posted and you will because your predictable. even if its all true it doesn't excuse your behavior. what's next? "i know you are but what am i"? i hope companies interviewing parnell sales reps look at this site and see what their getting. maybe the other unpopular posts were by R or E, i don't know, but this one isn't. nope, not R or E, don't work for R or E, not on the elt, not even a manager and not in sales, thankfully. there are people at parnell who like their jobs and it would be great if you'd stop acting like you speak for all of us or better yet leave. we don't want you anymore than you want us.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What part of "start up" do you people not understand? The company is finding it's way here in the US. Bumps and bruises along the way are expected . You all knew what you were getting into before you signed on. Do you think complaining is helping at all? Enjoy the ride or move on.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then leave!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot have already left and most others are cashing it in and looking. Good luck recruiting when the Parnell story is well known amongst the industry.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That?! Is the only positive thing out of this company! The chance/opportunity to leave it!

Yay!!!!

Can't wait to see you next week Rob. I'm gonna look you in the eye and say, "I love Parnell!" And you will be wondering who the hell is writing all this.

And I'm gonna laugh and laugh and laugh!!!

Cheers Mate!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You seem to be such a strong believer in ethics; "cashing it in" from a company you hate and spreading rumors about things that are factually not true is pretty unethical to me, not to mention immoral. From what you've written, the "story" is that Parnell doesn't accept poor performance; that is probably the only thing you've come close to being right on!! I work at Parnell (thank goodness I'm not in the companion sales team) and that is the reason I signed up for Parnell; because I wanted somewhere that challenges me and pushes me to be great. Every other department is enjoying being at Parnell and are all doing really great work - perhaps the reason you aren't able to sell is because you're spending too much time and energy spreading rumors on this site, instead of going and selling? I mean, if you are so good at your job, why is it so hard to find another job and leave? hmmm, I think it's time to look in the mirror?? And to everyone else at Parnell who enjoys their job - I look forward to continuing to work with you and having a fun ride. And to those people who consider Parnell; do your own due-diligence, this site is definitely NOT the place to find out the facts!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is supposed to be anonymous so please keep names off. Who ever it is that is defending Parnell so strongly, there is no spreading of false rumors here. Nothing that has been said here can be denied. Period. It's only things you may not want others to hear about. And you're misleading yourself or just trying, once again to mislead others, to say people outside companion animal are happy. And it's beneath whoever this is to ask, "if the reps are so good why can't they sell?" The question is and always has been, why blame everyone if the leaders can't lead?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trust me, two of the reps who got let go yesterday for being "negative" (i.e., having the guts to call a spade a spade in an effort to try to institute change), one of whom is my really good friend, can sell the shit out of anything. Both of those reps have been star performers at every company they have been at, and either one of them would have stuck their neck out for any person on this sales force at any time to help them succeed. And I'm not even in their region.

The issue has NEVER been that the companion team can't sell. That's what RJ would have you believe. For the most part, they hired a team of reps with solid relationships and years in the industry. The issue is they set the goals unrealistically for a product that they didn't give us time to brand. They doubled the Glyde goals in 2016 when only 5 people out of 40 hit them in 2015, they set astronomical Fetch goals right out of the gate. They gave us no tools to get there, blamed us for not getting there, started with putting people on performance plans in March, then more people again in May. No warnings, no coaching. We have only had a sales force since September. The company leads by fear, meanwhile our CEO behaves like a tyrant and an absolute lunatic, is legitimately embarrassing and refuses to take ownership, despite the fact that, as someone above mentioned, the court dates approach. He has several ex employees suing him for things like: assault, defamation of character, harassment. Look it up. State of Missouri.

Someone is on here trying to do damage control and point the finger at "negativity". And this not being the place to get information when coming to a job. But, trust me, reps DO come here. And they do look this stuff up. Because you can tell what is nonsense and what isn't. People interviewing for Parnell--if you know any Parnell reps, call them. If you know any ex-Parnell reps, especially call them. They can back all this up.

For whoever is going to say, "then quit"--trust me, we are ALL trying to. And yeah, heads up, HR, you have a bunch of resignations coming your way this week. How happy you'll be that you won't have to pay out those bonuses people already earned from June, huh?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, a bunch of resignations coming this week while at the sales meeting? Not the smartest choice. So, obviously you have no idea of anything that is really going on or you would know everyone is is KC this week

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this week being right now, no rep is in KC.

Next week being next week, yes, the reps will be in KC...Again...for no reason because the value prop/offering that Parnell has isn't working.

Zero science to back up claims.
    Data collection that no smart small business owner wants to just hand over at a premium price that Parnell is charging.

Yeah...and it's the sales reps fault.

What a joke!