For the Protection of Anyone Who Might Consider Coming On Board Here!

Discussion in 'Parnell Veterinary Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Would you recommend this company to a friend needing a job?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

one of the top reps here! not top 5 but well up there :)

happy with my job.

thanks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

long time reader, first time poster.

just curious if anyone has the courage to put their name to a post? be they Pro or Against Parnell? ELT or Rep?

:)

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same here
    I'm sorry it wasn't a fit for everyone, I know that sucks. People left their jobs where they were good reps and it didn't work out. I am genuinely sad for those people and hope nothing but the best for them. I would be angry, and bitter too. But I do love my job, it works for me and I've made a success of it. Yes crap sucks at times, but it's okay for people to like working there too. I just don't see what change or good will come from a board that is full of so much ugly.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love my job here too! It looks like the same 3 people posting over and over.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or the same person saying they love their job multiple times...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you have any hot chicks left? I heard there were some older milfs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so let me get this straight.

Parnell hired a bunch of people to launch a "me too" nutraceutical that had zero scientific studies to back up its claim. But they had a "promise" of something down the road.

The people they hired, I assume, had strong resumes and a background in animal health.

Then some of them quit, some of them got fired, all in under a year.

Some of you like working there. That makes sense. Cause it's a paycheck.

But something is missing!

Either Parnell sucks at bringing on talent, or they suck as a company. If half the people are gone from a year ago, that speaks more to the management of the organization than some, no nothing person saying "you got fired cause you suck!"

A year from now...this company won't excist.

And since it's publicly traded, my guess is they will do a legal, but misleading accounting trick at thier next finacial statement.

Where they show they "saved" so much money. When in fact they really have nothing to offer.

Keep enjoying your job! That's nice! But eventually, you won't have one at Parnell.

land_o_plenty likes this.
  8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's totally fine, guys, you are allowed to like your jobs. The products are very good so I totally get it. And I disagree when the above poster said Parnell will be out of business in a year. The problem is, realistically I doubt it will because the FDA facility and the production animal division ensure funds to keep it going.

But please don't fault those of us who are still at Parnell and do not like our jobs currently and who haven't been treated well and left or were fired. Not everyone who quit or was let go was a substandard performer, and not everyone still employed who is on here saying they don't like their job is either. RJ sent around that lovely personnel announcement a few weeks back saying all those reps who left or got fired at the beginning of August were let go due to performance--half those people quit and two of them weren't fired because of performance. That's actually slander. He likes to make it seem like everyone who doesn't work for Parnell anymore is because they aren't talented enough, and that just isn't true. And no, it isn't just "the same three people" posting on here. There are actually A LOT of us. Not everyone is trying to be ugly, and the ones that are being ugly are just really angry and hurt. Some of us, like me, are just trying to get the truth out there because we are tired of watching the bad guy skew the story so we all suffer and all my friends who left or were fired look bad in the industry which makes it hard for them.

Please open your eyes. Even if you like your job you must realize what has been done to other people around you. The whole company sat there and watched while JT from marketing was inappropriately joked about in a horrifically crass manner by our CEO at our awards ceremony on the microphone. Half the company watched as our CEO stuck four employees in succession with an EPI pen in his hotel room not knowing if they had communicable diseases or if they were allergic to epinephrine. The whole sales team was there while we were refused to be allowed to go back to our hotel rooms in March at the sales meeting until almost 10pm as punishment for not hitting our sales goals. RJ has two lawsuits against him that you can look up on the state of MO website. Someone actually posted it earlier in this thread. That isn't normal. That isn't growing pains from a start up company. CEOs don't assault employees, CEOs don't slander them after they leave, companies don't refuse to pay bonuses employees already earned "at the discretion of the CEO" because he screws with the bonus pay dates because he chooses to do mass firings at certain times. The handbook says people are supposed to be coached prior to being let go...for any of the people left who say they are happy, I'm sure you have friends who were fired or put on performance plans, were any of them given the courtesy of being coached as per the handbook guidelines? Why is the company not held to the handbook standards but we all are?

It is not right to be legitimately scared of your CEO. That isn't normal. If you are happy, by all means stay. But please try to have some empathy for what other people have gone through and not just judge what is written here. Some of the people writing here may actually be your friends. Parnell has ruined reputations of reps who were top performers, put people with families out of work for months and then fought their ability to get unemployment. RJ and the company attorney screw with almost everyone who asks for a waiver of the noncompete, and require one even if you go work for a company that doesn't have a competing product. It's dirty and hurtful and unfair, and people have every right to be upset and get their stories out. Think about this: you might be safe now, but RJ can turn on you in a second and then you're toast. I don't wish it on you but it happened to plenty of people, not just in sales. Always put yourself in someone else's shoes before you judge.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's against the site rules. Everything has to be anonymous.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sure you're a great rep. I haven't met many people who can't sell here, even though RJ makes it seem like we can't because the Companion Animal division doesn't hit his crazy goals. But because hardly any one is hitting their numbers, you're not immune to the wrath of the bipolar lord RJ. And it's not terribly hard to be in the top ten when the company only has 20-something reps total now and two of the top ten reps just got fired a few weeks ago which shifted everybody's rankings up. I'm not trying to say that to be a jerk, I'm just trying to show that just because you're a top ten rep, it doesn't make you immune to the proverbial Parnell axe. And just because some ELT or HR person is on here implying only lazy people wouldn't be happy at Parnell, doesn't mean the top performers all are.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Z will get approved, eventually. But it's not the slam dunk that RJ keeps pushing. Parnell's future is contract manufacturing, which it does very well. This will keep Parnell around because there is value with our facilities. But Parnell's future runs the same path as RJ's ego -- he thinks it's bigger than reality indicates.

If you're happy, stay. There's a small niche for 5-10 companion reps to perform well. And that's okay. But it will continue to foster a hostile environment with high turnover. Again, that's okay. However, when your future is contract manufacturing instead of a realistic and profitable pipeline of products, that should be enough indication of whether a sales rep should join or stay.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Loser

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I get that people want to get their feelings and thoughts out there; but please don't make comments about things you were not involved in and acting purely on rumor. RJ did not "stab four reps in his room in front of half the company". That has been blown out of proportion beyond belief. And yes, he did say an inappropriate joke about JT, which he genuinely felt bad about and apologized for to the entire company. I was also there the night that we supposedly got "punished" and not allowed to leave the office; we were kept behind to watch a movie, and it was our sales managers who said we had to stay for it. And the feedback we gave them was heard that we need to have some down time after a day of training. And before you, or anyone else goes and rights that this is RJ or HR or ELT, it isn't. I am just frustrated at how so many of you are twisting the truth for a good story. Stick to facts that you know of first hand; not by rumors, or law suits or your imagination.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep! You're correct! It wasn't 4 people he stabbed in Hawaii. It was 2!

And the first person he stabbed is suing him and it happen at the office in December, before Hawaii.

You are splitting hairs at this point!

And if you think, contract manufacturering is the the savior of Parnell...you don't know much about pharma.

Per Parnell's own presser about the contract they got from Merck which they so graciously took the front end of on their last financial statement...not illegal, just misleading...they said they would gain $10MM-$20MM over 10 years.

That's $1MM to $2MM per year!

And the legal "accounting" measure they took for the first half of 2016...is called an accrual...which isn't actual money...but money they think they will get later.

Again...not illegal...just misleading.

At the end of the day, with Parnell being as "tightly held" as RJ puts it.

What makes you think he won't sell to try to make his nut?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, I think it was Merial. Not Merck!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really??!! That's the concrete data point you're looking at?

It could be Disney!!!!! The company doesn't matter!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, well since he apologized, that makes it completely acceptable. He only apologized after people confronted him about it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

exactly post #55..... there are a lot people here that feel the same.