FreeStyle Libre

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't be so sure.....

I'm a diabetic that just got a Freestyle Libre.. Here a few of my observations;

Putting it on the back of my arm stinks because that makes it a two person operation. Last night, my spouse had to put the sensor on me, and this morning it didn't work when we scanned it with the meter. Be that as it may, we tried to take the sensor off and replace it with a new one, except I really couldn't get at it, so my spouse had to do it. They sure make them babies tough to get off too. Hell, I thought that sensor was glued on with Crazy Glue the way that booger didn't want to come off!

I'm told the DexCom sensor can be attached to my stomach.... and yeah the DexCom is $1,500 but my insurance and Medicare will cover it, so that 1500 bucks don't make no neverminds to me! Gimme a Dexcom. You Abbott boys and girls got some work to do!

Now instead of getting pissed of at me and firing back at me here, why don't you be smart and send my feedback to somebody at Abbott that would be interested in hearing what I had to say! That's what I should have done in the first place, but I aint gonna bother with it. I'm just gonna go get me a DexCom.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nah, at least $2.5B in US. Superior product with no customer complaints.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medicare is paying for it. System is less than one half the price of Dexcom.

Whatever happened to Libre Boy? He and this other poster used to go at it over Libre. Looks like Libre Boy won this one.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not long after Libre was put on market in Europe some shit head was posting here about how crappy it was and it's purpose was just "lip stick on a pig" so Abbott could off load ADC. Over 1M users for Libre this year. Making maybe $500M a year in revenue. Libre gets great reviews and has changed the CGM market.

Where are you now you now....idiot?