Furlough

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by anonymous, Apr 6, 2020 at 9:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard it will be a 20 % pay reduction at least.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The question is, will you be paid at all?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DPS got hit the most with decline in elective surgeries.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Furlough or just reduction in pay?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In will be rolled out in the next 3 weeks.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

where do you get your information?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is an anonymous website. I can tell you that the entire sales force will be laid off tomorrow. Doesn't make true. Or does it?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ethicon is down YOY by more than 10%. There is only so much J&J can absorb. Companies left and right already started to make changes. Do the math.

BTW - If the leadership is planing to make a change, do you really think they will let everyone know?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which is why it is silly to think that leadership/people in the know would ever post about a furlough on this website.

This website is filled with anonymous trolls and pot stirrers.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you believe that nothing will happen? That J&J will just continue to pay a sales force that is down 10% indefinitely?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When hospitals reopen for elective procedures reps won't be allowed in the OR until there is a vaccine. They may decide as a result of this pandemic to never allow reps back into hospitals. So is everyone going to get paid to sit at home for the next two years? Do you think surgeons will be receptive to a sales call on Zoom? Other than a lower paid telemarketing sales group I don't see ANY device reps or drug reps keeping their jobs.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the restructuring we just went through is indicative of the job going forward. This is now an account management job with no emphasis on sales. The good thing for Ethicon reps is that this job is more secure than 95% of all other device jobs because of the book of business we manage. I think we may see a pay decrease but I fully expect the direct field based team to be fine.

It’s all the middle management BS that the company can save money on. That and marketing.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't answer that question and neither can you. Any answer to that question is speculation.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doubtful. During this time, there have been cases occurring and reps who fall under the Ethicon umbrella (Biosense Webster, NeuWave, Auris) but aren't Ethicon core reps are still covering cases.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very spot on. First batch of vaccine is not going to be until Jan 2021. It will delusional to open the hospitals to reps before vaccine is even available.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/15/johnson-johnson-eyes-600-million-coronavirus-vaccines-by-early-2021/

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My HR connection tells me that salesforce furloughs will begin in a couple of weeks. At that point all paychecks will cease and we’ll all be retained as inactive employees. That’s when determinations will be made as to the value and contribution of each individual territory. Except a 30-40% headcount reduction by the end of Q2.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you referring to SalesForce, they company, will be having layoffs? If so, how does that have any reference to JnJ companies? Or are you referring to JnJ subs will have layoffs. Ethicon? DPS? Vistakon? Any clarity would help.